It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 05:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 11 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 06 Dec 2017, 10:48 

Sorry to be annoying, but the 50 LD Urusei Yatsura set would have been a steal in 1999 for $1600.
$3200 would have been a realistic price at that point, probably.
And yes, $1600 in this day and age is too much.
So why not buy it for much less from Japan?

Post subject: Re: About the seller DaDon
Posted: 02 Aug 2018, 03:37 

Duncanism is a well documented and confirmed plague now.

Duncanism
/'dʌŋ.kənɪzəm/
noun

Unresponsive service provider after money has been duly paid.
"I've sent my LD Player for repair to Duncan but he stopped answering emails. I believe I'm a victim of Duncanism."
synonymous : scam, fraud, MIA, communication breakdown, Comcast, Ponzi scheme

Julien

Posted: 03 Jan 2019, 03:02 

I doubt A Brighter Summer Day will ever get a new release unless Martin Scorsese manages to get back the rights for it. No real loss for me since I've got the Laserdisc but it's a wonderful film that everyone should watch if they ever get the chance. And seeing it on Blu-Ray with a brand new transfer would be irresistible.

Hope you gave up resisting :-)

https://www.criterion.com/films/28596-a-brighter-summer-day

Also coming to DVD and BR to Europe.

Julien

Posted: 24 Aug 2019, 17:21 

What restoration software are you using? I've been using Phoenix Touch with plugins for video restoration for around 1½ year but I mostly use that software for film restoration. Believe that PFClean also offers such tools as well.
I try everything to use that I have. In this case I used PFclean. I will show the final result of the video.
Updated: It is ready - https://vimeo.com/355738086/d58da3b15b

Man, that picture looks so good, it almost looks like it's straight off the master tapes or something.
Thanks man, in reality it looks much better. It is because of youtube compression.

I'd love to see a restored version of the "Here comes the Men in Black" music video.
Give me some time, I think I can help you in it...
Updated: I just found it, fix some color issues and upconvert it for you
https://vimeo.com/355742941/3bd5f18ff5 you can download original file if login.

Posted: 12 Dec 2019, 01:45 

The Oscars, the Nobel Prize, they’re all BS. There is no beginning or end to it.

Posted: 27 Oct 2021, 02:29 

The best thing to do would be buy a GGV disc and check frames 115, 130, 23005, 23020. If those are clean, your player is not picking up noise from the adjacent frames. One side might be better than the other, and if so you can exclusively use that side. To add the RF tap, you technically don't have to solder anything. Someone could send you a cable and it plugs right in.

Outside of this rough check, you can capture and take a look at SNR across the disc with ld-analyse.

Posted: 03 Nov 2021, 06:31 

Hello!

I've been working relentlessly on the hardware/devices/remote/parts side of the site for the past few weeks to the point where the first version will soon be ready.

All I need will be fresh photos of players, demodulators, add-ons, etc.

Could you start taking pics when you have time as follows?

Front
Back
Under
Left side
Right side
Remote (if any)
Cables (if any)
Manual (if any)
Box/packing material

I hope we can eventually equal or even improve on https://www.laserdiscarchive.co.uk/ in the years to come.

Julien

Posted: 12 Nov 2021, 14:20 

YCbCr gets a bit odd however since that signal is never transmitted through RCA. It's used primarily with HDMI and SDI (which has BNC), as well as DisplayPort and DVI but nowhere near as common.

Then we have to tell Pioneer they mis-labelled their DVL-9xx players ;-)

https://auctions.afimg.jp/b124300111/ya/image/b124300111.2.jpg

I personally think it's a good idea to specify the HDMI versions both for inputs and outputs. :)

I'll add the split later tonight!

Julien

Global announcement   Jump to topic

Posted:  

Posted: 28 Dec 2021, 22:32 

You don’t have to collect “a format”. You can just buy movies.

Posted: 01 Jan 2022, 20:57 

I know this is an old thread but I found it when trying to find a solution for the very same problem. My HLD-X9 has had a small piece missing in the same section for some time, but a few days ago another piece broke loose and loading/unloading didn't work anymore. I fixed it by printing a small plastic part to replace the end of the rail. Works fine so far. The tray is made from ABS so I printed using ABS too, so no glue required: dissolving the two surfaces with acetone makes a great bond.
broken.jpg
removed.jpg
replacement in place.jpg
sanded.jpg
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 11 matches ]