It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 2 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 16 Feb 2018, 16:55 

I've read that you can use D-VHS to record S-VHS on an S-VHS VCR.

This page says as much with the recognition holes:

http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/learnabo ... udget.html

It's just that not too many people would want to since D-VHS blanks are much more expensive than S-VHS blanks!

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 18 Feb 2018, 21:56 

I was watching Glimmer Man on my R7G.
Player did play the disc perfectly without problems but on random occasions I could hear a slight knocking sound from inside the player from this disc.
I have never heard this sound on playback before and it made me a little worried.
What could it be?

Is it dust on disc surface causing random knocking sound?
I could hear knock on both sides during playback.

I have to play some more discs to see if the same phenomenon occurs?

Hi van-dammage,

It's strictly a guess on my part, but the first thing that comes to mind is slight warping of the disc. Did you notice any herringbone patterns in the picture during the time you heard the sound? I would recommend checking the disc to see if it appears to be totally flat or not. I have encountered this type of sound on a few discs from time to time, and that seemed to be the cause. Check a few other discs, and if you don't notice it on any others, I think that may be what you're dealing with. If so, it may be repairable using the methods discussed here in some of the threads about warped discs. It's worth a try, as I have had some luck in the past fixing them if they are not too badly warped. If this seems to be the problem, and you are unable to correct it by weighing it down for a while, at least Glimmer Man is not a rare title, and you should be able to replace it with another copy without too much searching or expense. :thumbup:

Best Regards,
David
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 2 matches ]