It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 5 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 12 Oct 2017, 07:20 

What's the best way to photo an LD cover for submitting to LDDB?

I'm going to add a bunch of Japanese titles over the next weeks and months.

I tried with my cellphone today and whenever I took a straight-on picture to get it square, the glare was ridiculous.

Cheers

Posted: 17 Feb 2018, 06:47 

Thanks again, everyone.

I got it fixed. I recently switched from a projector to an LCD and the new LCD required different black/contrast settings on the Lumagen. I used the color bars and had to move the black way up.

Posted: 26 Apr 2018, 01:16 

kassan,
Things are getting better and better. I still have to buy a calibration disc to fix color/noise issues, but tweaking the settings is resulting in a better image day by day. It already far surpasses my HDQ/Mosquito for picture quality on most metrics. Never had LD looking better!

There is a swamp of settings, but I am used to that with the HDQ/Mosquito. But like with those, I tend to slowly dial in my favorite settings over time. Last night, I had to drop the 2D/3D noise reduction a bit when I was seeing trails of 3 faces when the person moved really fast. It also very slightly improved detail (which temporal noise reduction is apt to remove if on too high).

There's really no telltale "digital" signs to the picture unless you turn all settings on high or run the Darbee enhancer.

Posted: 31 May 2018, 10:02 

HDMI handshake loss was being caused by turning the 2144 on before turning on the TV/AVR and setting the TV/AVR to the input for the 2144. Problem solved.

Posted: 13 Aug 2019, 07:02 

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone!
Got her working smooth as butter over the weekend through the side b centering cam.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 5 matches ]