It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 09:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 24 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: Laserdisc vs DVD
Posted: 26 Oct 2017, 05:37 

Nissling....BD decent ? BD is an astonishing format (when there is no DNR applied...you know they love that s**t)

Im in this LD vs DVD thread.....agree DVD is a general step up over LD until you find these scenes I'm talking about (intense action,hundreds of particles, smoke, movie lenght) where Laserdisc delights perfectly and the DVD lone disc seems to be bitrate retarded :) to solve the pixelation

Post subject: Re: Delights of selling LDs
Posted: 31 Aug 2018, 18:36 

Audrey hepburn is God

Posted: 25 Oct 2018, 03:04 

Tom cruise Jimmy fallon about Laserdiscs

Posted: 10 Jun 2019, 13:59 

Hand made Cel animation (till year 2000 +/-) is a form of art ,and we can watch and appreciate it forever no problem....

Remember one french producer and animator of "Ulises 31" (Jap-France anime tv series) talking in the DVD premium edition about being a Grandpa and enjoying every single episode of the series

Posted: 10 Jun 2019, 16:55 

I have watched it again...he is Rene Borg creator ,animator and cinematographer of Ulises 31 concept who directed only the first episode talking sadly about being retired from direction by DIC and Tokyo movie Shinsha producers;...at 75 years old he still wanted to redirect the entire tv series he loved on his own way !

Another famous japanese co-productions directed by him; Once upon a time...space

https://static.animeguides.com/guides/iletaitunefoisespace/espace2.jpg
https://static.animeguides.com/guides/iletaitunefoisespace/espace4.jpg
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/l0EJtbd9txY/maxresdefault.jpg

Posted: 11 Jun 2019, 06:06 

With a Bluray recorder can you choose between recording on mpeg-2 or mpeg-4 or whatever?

Another question; there is a BD release of Tomb raider 2001 encoded in mpeg-2, have you seen any DVD release encoded in mpeg-1 ?

Posted: 10 Jun 2020, 19:58 

My ultimate goal is to return to the true Luciferian worship
of LD and S-VHS only vídeo library.
Freeview tv channels are 1080i and weeks ago while watching i made a very good SVHS recording of "Baby Driver" (2017) and "Tomb raider" (2018) that shined later on the CRT

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon LD
Posted: 21 Jul 2020, 14:13 

These Sailor Moon LD captures are not even"comb filtered" they look terrible off focus, mixed colors and croma double image...please use a crt tv to watch your Ldiscs.
The DNR applied to the Bluray release is a crime.
The VHS as always pretty good.

Posted: 22 Jul 2020, 14:51 

If you can please use a LD player to a crt tv or crt monitor directly vía composite vídeo rca cable ,as simple as that and you will realize that LD quality is another very different thing

Posted: 22 Jul 2020, 17:47 

Signofzeta expressed it perfectly
Another options are a small LCD tv whose specs clearly announce 3D comb filter for composite inputs, or using a Panasonic/Samsung DVD recorder as an av receiver to pass through the signal but anyway a good crt is what LD is made for

Posted: 27 Jul 2020, 08:25 

Thank you

Posted: 29 Jul 2020, 08:11 

Usually we forget that only S-VHS decks can output a true natural S-Video signal from a VHS tape. Laserdisc is a full totally mixed raw composite signal, so the S-VHS deck will make wonders with the tape and the S-Video output of the LD player will create a benefit "or not" depending on the tv.

Posted: 30 Jul 2020, 18:18 

Damn index ,I can understand nothing

Posted: 12 Aug 2020, 15:53 

:lol: :lol: :lol: ....think i was waiting for a "good" surprise.
Only 4 euros but yes.. dont do it

Post subject: Re: Which player to choose?
Posted: 13 Aug 2020, 08:58 

The Pioneer cl-j55ld is really sexy

Posted: 13 Aug 2020, 15:42 

Shipping costs from japan to Norway are going to be huge but those 4 LD Boxes + Lensman special edición LD is a great treasure for the future

Posted: 24 Aug 2020, 14:03 

After a whole year of study and research i can say
that DVD is superior to VCD and LD superior to VHS;
Is DVD superior to LD?... is an apple superior to an orange?

Posted: 15 Sep 2020, 18:09 

I know it is only the trailer but not really attracted to this DUNE version in any aspect,dont see the magic, i love the 1984 movie its atmosphera ,the cast...

Posted: 30 Sep 2020, 10:24 

LDs from D2 Digital tape have crisp resolution but sometimes inaccurate skin tones (towards green).
For my taste best are LDs mastered from Type C/Betacam SP pro-analog videotapes

Máster tapes for DVD as far as i know have been always Digibeta tapes with HDcam and another formats being punctual exceptions

Posted: 30 Sep 2020, 11:16 

If everyframe is upgraded and therefore scanned or photographed once more digitally the color hue will be altered and put to mp4 so it is just another usual rip or worst.
Central key word is preservation and you will be an old dead man before your A-ko LD become unreadable

Posted: 11 Dec 2020, 13:31 

Good old school received this morning the "Creamy Mami"Laservision Long Goodbye movie (review soon)
and Vampire hunter D on VHS .

Posted: 07 Aug 2021, 00:16 

xtempo ....yes the tv series is long, i watched the two or three first episodes and went directly to this movie which is superior to the other ovas in every aspect.

rein-o ....true there is no way to "officially certify" it unless documented on the disc but all the old Laservision releases i have look like i prefer and clearly different from the "digitally transferred" ones that have a very obvious renderized picture.

Posted: 07 Aug 2021, 00:26 

I would say that for me watching a Laservision/Discovision disc is like watching the original broadcast on its day and i love it.

Posted: 15 Aug 2021, 18:37 

Sadly new BD players cant play old vcd releases.
The use..well sometimes i just put new remastered BD editions of classic anime to VHS or VCD to look "classic" again on my crt tvs :)
With live action movies at 2mbps you are free of pixelation
and packs of 100 - 200 cd-r cost nothing today (internet)
If you hate "movie files" is a super fast way encoding/burning your own editions on self playing discs
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 24 matches ]