It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 3 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 20 Jun 2016, 10:49 

Hello!

Of course most people are using Paypal to pay across countries and currencies (although Paypal Forex fees are usually quite bad, sometimes up to 5% fees) on top of their 2.9~3.9% commissions.

On the other end of the spectrum is Western Union which can be quite expensive but works well for countries where having a bank account is complicated: they pay in cash.

In between are a few new services trying to focus on Forex transactions and I've been playing with some of them recently to assess how good they are, namely: TransferWise and WorldFirst . So far TransferWise looks more attractive because your exchange rate doesn't depend on the amount you are transferring like WorldFirst (assuming you hit the minimum amount requirement) and their fees are in the 0.5~0.7% range, that's including Forex + transaction.

I tried WorldFirst once and it worked as described but TransferWise was faster, more friendly, with locked rate policy (24 to 48h) and generous starting promos. Used it 4 times so far, no issue. Transfers even arrive earlier than the initial ETAs.

If you want to give it a try, assuming you have currencies to move around or significant currency payments to send/receive, you can use my affiliate links below to get a discount, and I get a bonus as well!

http://www.lddb.com/images/referals/wise.png
Create an account and transfer currencies using this referral link .

http://www.lddb.com/images/referals/worldfirst.png
Create an account and transfer currencies using this link .

Keep in mind that they do not provide buyer/seller protection like Paypal does, only use it to transfer currencies for yourself or interacting with people you entirely trust .

Julien

Posted: 20 Oct 2018, 08:29 

My first posting. Is there anyone, on this Site, living in either Australia or New Zealand who can tell me which Stores have the best Shipping Rates?
Thanks, Garry (Auckland, NZ)

If you order from the states, and the order is under four lbs, then First Class International rates are the best economical way to go.
Takes awhile and no insurance or tracking is in place unless you register.

Japan still offers surface mail which is key for heavy parcels loaded with LaserDiscs.
States stopped surface shipping many years ago so it is air mail or nothing from the U.S.A. .......

Posted: 23 Oct 2018, 02:02 

Anything over 1lb going from the US costs an arm and a leg now. I've had it kill some deals recently.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 3 matches ]