It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 02:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 4 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: Delights of selling LDs
Posted: 30 Aug 2018, 03:03 

I can totally relate !

When one completes a transaction and the patron expresses gratitude it rehashes that feeling of finding "that title" for myself as well ..........
Did not contemplate this hobby possibly getting any better until I started dealing internationally. Now I have contacts all over the world !

It is an honour and my privilege to have the membership here support my store all these years since starting circa 2008.
Will take this platform to also say " Big Thank You Everyone ! "
Ebay transactions though mostly non traumatic do not compare to the smooth sailing with the Membership at the LDDB.

Hmmm... the only suggestions I have for dealers is : Over Grade the titles, Invoice in a timely manner, package your titles double boxed w/ LD outside of jacket, and follow up with shipping status updates to include USPS Tracking code for the patrons purposes.
This has been my recipe for a successful feedback score to date !

Great thread John ! Thank you for starting this one !

Posted: 30 Aug 2018, 20:19 

It’s been a while since I bought from your store but I’ve been very happy every time. You are my favorite non-Japanese seller in recent years. The cool freebies you throw in always remind me where I got the disc.

A friend of mine and I used to do this with a business she ran a long time ago and it seems to be taking off now. When I order synthesizer modules from Pittsburgh Modular they throw in astronaut trading cards, when I bought a record from Flanelgraph recently they sent me a pile of old junk including a 1989 Chicago Tribune TV supliment and a killer 8x10 of Yul Brynner as the King. Sweatwater Sound always puts candy in the box, like Smartees.

Posted: 31 Aug 2018, 18:36 

Audrey hepburn is God

Posted: 31 Aug 2018, 21:37 

Whenever I complete a happy transction with a collector it reminds me of why I turned my hobby into a little side business. As a movie collector I remember the dark pit that opened in my stomach when I realized the title I wanted was not in any store on Earth, and was often not available on line either. After going from collector to collector looking for a title I wanted, it became my goal to stock my shop with all the offbeat connoisseur stuff that is so hard to acquire.

Thanks to all of you who have used my shop as I hoped. It's so much more rewarding to sell on LDDb than anywhere else.

I'd like to hear from other sellers about why they opened a shop here, and any suggestions from collectors on how the shops can be improved.

John

G and J Rarities

Hi John,

I wanted to jump in here to give my vote of confidence for you folks as dealers. In case you don't recall, I am the one who bought the copy of "Looking For Mr. Goodbar" from you some time ago. Once again, I truly appreciate your kind help to me in locating a "clean" copy for my collection of this sometimes elusive and troublesome title. Recently, there was someone else here on the forum posting that he/she was looking for a copy of this title. Perhaps they should be turning to you folks to fill that request. You certainly took care of my need and handled the transaction in first-rate fashion. You run a thoroughly professional shop here, and I wouldn't hesitate to trade with you again if I saw something I was looking for in your inventory. You've got my very highest recommendation, my friend! :thumbup:

Best Regards,
David :wave:
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 4 matches ]