It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 12:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 4 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 29 Oct 2017, 03:48 

Still have only a 100VA transformer which was purchased way back when I got my first 100V player. It runs an LD player, two Muse decoders and surround processor fine. If I try to run a second player only then does it get a little warm; so I don't do that.

So you should be fine with 300W for your needs (for the purposes of rating a transformer VA/W are basically the same - I think VA is more correct; it's a technical thing to do with resistive vs non-resistive loads). I do plan to upgrade, so in my case will jump right up to 1000VA so then on that overkill I can then run multiple players without issue or worry! Easiest way to check is to add the power ratings of the equipment you're using and allow a little headroom too.

Also what I'm using is a fairly good quality one; a toroidal isolation transformer from Tortech here in Australia. I think a lot of the cheaper ones might be autotransformers? https://www.gstransformers.com/technical/difference-between-isolation-transformers-and-autotransformers.html Personally after spending the money on equipment I'd rather invest the bit extra in the transformer for a cleaner/safer supply and peace of mind.

Posted: 15 Jul 2018, 04:08 

There is something you need to look for, I can't remember right now as its late.
Its either the watts or amps, I was reading the listing fast but it seems like it may be too low??? Says something about 5 amps-110 volts = watts.
My players are still packed up and I can't remember how many amps they use.

The look of it looks right but that's all I can add right now.
Wait for someone else to post or double check to make sure.

Posted: 15 Jul 2018, 15:38 

The power consumption should be on a label in the back of the player. I looked up both of those players and neither one appears to use more than 40, making 300W almost comically overpowered.

In the other hand, you can plug both machines into it and have them run at the same time, so go for it!

Post subject: Re: Volcano (1997) PAL
Posted: 23 Mar 2019, 14:31 

Unfortunately I have no knowledge of PAL discs, but I would figure that later releases are better as all formats are most of the time.

I hope someone else can chime in to help.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 4 matches ]