It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 20:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 13 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 13 Dec 2017, 08:41 

Looking at a schematic diagram (which, unhelpfully, is mostly in Chinese), it appears that you want to tap at the junction of Q203 & R208. From that point, the signal flows to both input pins of IC201, the audio FM demodulator. Much upstream of that, you'd be getting some version of the full off-disc RF signal, which is likely not to be all that helpful.

I guess the Panasonic design works rather differently from the Pioneer one, in that the two audio FM signals are separated at the demodulation stage, by different time constants in the two parallel detectors. At least, without a proper datasheet for the PA0034A, I think that's what's going on. The only difference between the networks on the two sides of the chip is C216, 270 pF capacitor attached to pin 7, vs C215, 330 pF on pin 36.

Posted: 14 Dec 2017, 07:56 

I suggest taking the output through the otherwise useless mono audio jack (the one tagged for an RF modulator).

Posted: 18 Oct 2023, 08:51 

Pioneer CLD-3080, Pioneer CLD-95, Panasonic LX-900U, CLD-97, Runco LJR-I, Runco LJR-II, McIntosh MLD-7020 in the order from less expensive to more expense while all having comparable performance to each other. Most of these won't have a factory installed AC-3 output but it can be added later.

Posted: 19 Oct 2023, 08:41 

I’m sure most of us on here now agree that shipping LD players is really not an option due to their extremely fragile nature, so the best advice really would be to keep a look out for anything available locally that can be personally collected. Welcome to the forum btw :thumbup:

Posted: 19 Oct 2023, 21:14 

It does seem that you would at least gain both sides play with the 604 but as you rightly surmise, perhaps not so much of a performance lift over your current Magnavox?
The only way really is to sit tight patiently and hopefully one of the above mentioned models may just show up locally, good luck!

Posted: 20 Oct 2023, 18:20 

From what I recall, every Panasonic LD player had a U at the end of its model but we just drop it anyway.

You should be fine. Just verify the points in your player to what cpluplus posted.

Posted: 21 Oct 2023, 22:28 

There is a good chance the empty pad for the optical out on the 505 has all the needed resistors, capacitors, etc. running from there to the DSP chip but the only way to know is to pull the board to see if everything is connected.

On the 504, it was found to be all intact so adding it was just as simple as soldering in an optical output jack. On the 503, that was not the case so it was a lot more work to deal with.

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 05:34 

Most likely a broken motorholder. The pin holding the small gear may have broken causing friction when moving out of position. Gravity does not help. The only way is checking this by removing the motorholder. If it’s using the grey plastic motorholder chances are it snapped. It is a common issue
The part is available these days generic. Contact Ethan Gallo is my advice

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 05:44 

Thank you, that sounds spot on, because I can see that the gear is hanging loosely at an angle.

Do you have a link to contact Ethan?

He is active here on the forum…

https://www.laserparts.net/

The part you need is vnl-1779 btw :thumbup:
Installing the part is easy enough…
https://youtu.be/R21SbXIVAew?si=5C7dUTUG8ftsYECf

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 11:39 

I would order an original if that’s still possible. 3D printing a part like that…it’s not a crap load of work to replace this thing…once, but if the part isn’t strong it changes from a repair item to a maintenance item and boy that doesn’t sound fun. I’m not a master of 3D printing but I do have experience and I don’t know of any way to 3D print that part that isn’t massively weaker than the original IP one that breaks. The improved part from Pioneer has never broke for me.

Posted: 27 Oct 2023, 05:37 

Repaired two ld players with the generic vnl-1779 part and they both are running fine for over a year now. The price is reasonable for a 3D print IMHO
Time will tell if they hold up but the alternative being having a broken unit doesn’t sound like fun either.
Ethan went trough alot of effort finetuning the part. I tested some of the first printed ones that needed some finetuning and after a few months the right specs were reached. I sold both players to close friends and they have zero issues with the generic part . Did some testing myself for a few months. No complaints.
The prc hub, the grip rings for other machines all work fine and believe me I saved many players buying generic

Keep them spinning I say

Post subject: Re: [LX-900] Blowing Fuses
Posted: 03 Nov 2023, 09:24 

nowsharing wrote:
Zaxour, a Laseractive expert, pointed me to the schematic

Link points to a white/empty page?

Julien

Post subject: Re: [LX-900] Blowing Fuses
Posted: 04 Nov 2023, 06:55 

nowsharing wrote:
Fixed it

Actually we had it since 2012 ;-)

https://manuals.lddb.com/LD_Players/Panasonic/Panasonic%20LX-900-EN%20Schematic%20Diagrams.pdf

nowsharing wrote:
Update: the player is working again after replacing 2 caps on the 5v line

Always great to hear that!!

Julien
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 13 matches ]