It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:34

Page 3 of 3 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Bad sellers - who are they and what have they done wrong
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2013, 18:48 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

So getting this thread back on track before it was hijacked.....

Is nllaserdiscnl a reliable seller or not?

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2013, 06:49 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

If we're still talking about nllaserdiscnl, all I know about him is that one time he asked to buy my TV Guardian 301 (a closed caption decoder), I sent him my PayPal address and then I waited maybe a month and asked what happened and he told me something to the effect of "sorry, I forgot," so again he said he'd pay me and then I waited again and he didn't, and so on and so on and so on. We mixed it up a few times. I think I sent him an invoice at least one of those times, but after maybe four or so times of this I gave up and sold it off to someone else. I didn't lose any money to him or anything. I just thought it was weird that he was perpetually forgetting that he wanted to buy a CC decoder.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2013, 17:34 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

brmanuk
tried to buy a disc from him, he said it was a deal and we agreed on the price.
i waited to pay, and after some time he emailed me back saying that he sold it already to someone else.

that's my situation.

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2013, 21:21 
True fan
True fan

NEVER buy from this eBay seller: arc0un1

I bought a sealed copy of Big (1658-85), and the packaging was absolutely SHOCKING. All he did was put some USPS stickers on the factory seal, and he shipped it (no protection at all). It arrived on a day where it was raining VERY HARD, too, and the jacket suffered moderate damage, but very surprisingly, the actual disc wasn't cracked, and it plays perfectly.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2013, 20:50 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

Ebay seller sonic boom had about 150 lds listed for local pickup for $250. Existenz ld was among the list but not pictured. I offered the seller $50 for existenz alone but had to ship it to me. He agreed right away but asked me to send him the money. I asked him to send me invoice and I would pay right away. He sent me invoice next morning for $135. I asked him why it is more than the price we agreed on. He said he couldnt break the lot. I said whats the $135 for then. He said it was a mistake. He made research and existenz is worth more. I then offered him $80 and $120 later. He said $300 sent to him and he can ship it to me. I tild him if he based his price on ebay listings it wont sell. Miketoys had it listed for 3 years for $400. And I also told him he broke our deal he agreed for $50 before.

Anyways he said he will list it for $200 and if it doesnt sell he will let me have it for $120. Auction ended yesterday. Per our agreement he was supposed to send me invoice for $120 but he backed out again. He listed the item for $350. I dont it will sell ever. Its not that special of a title. My offer $120 was market value. If he does .99 no reserve auction he would probably get much less than $120.

He screwed the guys who made bid on his 150ld lot as he removed existenz and thomas crown affair lds from the list couple days before it ended.

I wondered why he asked me to send him money instead of ssending me invoice?

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2013, 23:46 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

That is the problem when you tell people who are like that, that you want a certain title and are willing to pay good money for just this one title.
They start googling and researching, and all of a sudden they think they know the value of this title, and that is when they get greedy.
You should have offered him $120 for the whole lot, shipped - without mentioning any specific title.
He might have done it even :P

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2013, 00:02 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

He was asking $120 for shipping media mail. I bought entite star trek seasons from japan that didnt cost more than that. If shipping was reasonable like 60-80. I would buy the entire lot at $250

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2014, 22:26 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

Ebay seller (kahoney2011) who is also a member of this forum (davida) and has a shop here http://www.lddb.com/shops/davida/ deserves an entry in this thread for being a terrible seller. He is definitely one of the weirdest and most disturbing sellers I've encountered recently.

He seems to get his kicks from selling discs, insists you pay immediately (I mean within seconds of the auction finishing), then cancels the auction several days later - making up some lame excuse he cannot ship and its your fault. He then relists the exact same disc a few weeks later and the same thing happens again to another unsuspecting buyer. He has done this multiple times for the same discs.

Checkout the trail of negatives he has accumulated on Ebay recently all from different buyers:
http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... back&rt=nc

If you are unfortunate enough to encounter this 'freak' you'll see he is totally lacking in even the most basic communication skills.
You'd have more luck trying to buy a laserdisc from leatherface in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre than 'davida' aka 'kahoney2011' :o

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2014, 05:00 
Site Admin
Site Admin

laserdisc_fan wrote:
Ebay seller (kahoney2011) who is also a member of this forum (davida) and has a shop here http://www.lddb.com/shops/davida/ deserves an entry in this thread for being a terrible seller. He is definitely one of the weirdest and most disturbing sellers I've encountered recently.

Shop closed for now, asking for his explanation. When he made his first request to sell, his eBay feedbacks were spotless.

Julien

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2015, 16:52 
The one Ebay seller I've had a major issue with isn't a LaserDisc seller per se, but one of the garden variety estate sale scavengers that have overrun Ebay. The kind of seller who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. Since he evidently doesn't sell LDs very often, I'm not sure he even merits mention on this site. So... reply to this post if you really want to hear about him and his shady behavior.

Page 3 of 3 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3