It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 02:10

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Has anyone dealt with this ebay seller?
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2013, 04:00 
His/her ebay name is jojo817817. Good reviews, but I am getting a bit weary. I made a deal to buy 2 laserdiscs for $140 (Olympia and Dead Presidents). I paid last week but the seller now has not answered any of my emails and has both LDs still listed for sell on ebay.

So... has anyone dealt with this seller before?

Post subject: Re: Has anyone dealt with this ebay seller?
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2013, 04:20 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

Yes, sounds weird, I bought Blood For Dracula Criterion LD it came cracked so I sent it back and got a refund which was a few days ago so I don't think you should have any problems. Maybe email him again but you should check with eBay. I don't see how an item that is paid for can still be on the website still for sale so maybe it didn't go through? sounds really weird.

email him and look through the help area on Ebay and possibly start a thread there. good luck!

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2013, 04:26 
Well, this is where I am going to show how retarded and naive I can be... I paid directly through paypal. Maybe he just hasnt taken them down off ebay yet. Bottom line is that I went back through my email and have the paypal payment request he sent me with the following:

"Note from merchant
For Dead Presidents and Olympia Criterion laserdiscs...with free shipping."

And all the other proof that I paid.

Honestly, this is less about the money and more about the fact that I want the LDs!!!!!! I am hoping for the best. Worst case scenario I dont get the LDs, but I file a claim and get my money back. Thanks for the response. Anyone else deal with this ebay seller? It looks like he sells quite a few LDs, is he a member here?

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2013, 10:42 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

phuntik915 wrote:
His/her ebay name is jojo817817. Good reviews, but I am getting a bit weary. I made a deal to buy 2 laserdiscs for $140 (Olympia and Dead Presidents). I paid last week but the seller now has not answered any of my emails and has both LDs still listed for sell on ebay.

So... has anyone dealt with this seller before?

I purchased a few discs from him in the Past...
I believe he shipped from Hawai.... not sure about that :think:

Got every single disc I bought from him. I took some time to get them here but hey, I'm in Belgium ;)
Lexicon LDD-1
SR-7015
RMB-1585
DP-UB820
TX-58DX780E

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2013, 21:16 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

phuntik915 wrote:
Well, this is where I am going to show how retarded and naive I can be... I paid directly through paypal. Maybe he just hasnt taken them down off ebay yet. Bottom line is that I went back through my email and have the paypal payment request he sent me with the following:

"Note from merchant

Honestly, this is less about the money and more about the fact that I want the LDs!!!!!! I am hoping for the best. Worst case scenario I dont get the LDs, but I file a claim and get my money back. Thanks for the response. Anyone else deal with this ebay seller? It looks like he sells quite a few LDs, is he a member here?

Did you buy them on an agreement outside ebay ?

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2013, 21:34 
Serious fan
Serious fan

phuntik915 wrote:

"Note from merchant

Hi phuntik915,

Yes, I have dealt with this seller on eBay numerous times. He is an honest and reliable seller. I hadn't bought anything from him for a long time, since he mostly has U.S. releases and very few imports. You see, I have most of the U.S. releases that I want to own. However, a few weeks ago I saw some pieces he had listed for sale that I was interested in, so I bid on them and got them all. He shipped them very fast, in fact, faster than I recall him doing in the past when I dealt with him. Trust me, he is a reliable seller, and you shouldn't have anything to worry about when dealing with him. :thumbup:

Best Regards,
David :)

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2013, 22:17 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

i too have dealt with that seller in the past. always very good.
but i haven't bought many LDs in recent years that are not imports also, unless they are silent films that i'm missing.

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2013, 23:48 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

We have done business in the past both buying from and selling to each other.
Stand up guy in my book.

I would give the benefit of the doubt unless proven otherwise.

Remember kids, all kinds of stuff happens in the "real world" that affects cyber space interactions, sometimes for quite some time !!!!

My advice - be patient, but do attempt to be fairly certain there are no misunderstandings.

Good communication on both sides of the fence is the A#1 optimum scenario...... always !

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 16:47 
He finally got back to me and explained that they had shipped, and that he had not removed the listing because ebay charges. Not sure - as I have never been a seller - but it makes sense. Neither of the auction have any bids so I am much more comfortable about it. He seems like a good dude.

Yes and no about the outside ebay deal. We made a deal through the messages on ebay and then He sent me a pay pal invoice (not as a gift). It seems as legit as it can be given the circumstances. As of now, I am pretty certain I will get my discs. Thank you all for the input!

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 21:43 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

yes, ebay wants to start or has already started to charge for listings that you remove or end early.
or if you do it too much they will charge?? something like that, i didn't read all of the info that they emailed me.
but i don't like it.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2013, 00:48 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

that is stupid. Why would you have to pay to have it removed or ended early? Ebay seems to worse in some ways.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2013, 03:21 
Good news!!! I got the discs. You were all right, and my worries were unwarranted.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2013, 03:32 
Oh.. And rein-o: I don't think I like it either. eBay is getting really corporate, no? Maybe they always have been and I just never noticed...

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2013, 04:19 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

well, ebay is trying to get rid of the "used" stuff and have it all or only NEW stuff.
not worth it to me, i like getting deals, but the fees that they charge are getting everybody at every angle.
its even harder now to message people or contact them after the auction if you don't bid or the item passes, why???
due to them losing money, and rather than fix the issue they put up more blocks to stop stuff from going on.
make it like it was in the past, easier to buy and sell and ebay/paypal makes more money from sales and fees.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2013, 13:21 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

rein-o wrote:
well, ebay is trying to get rid of the "used" stuff and have it all or only NEW stuff.
not worth it to me, i like getting deals, but the fees that they charge are getting everybody at every angle.
its even harder now to message people or contact them after the auction if you don't bid or the item passes, why???
due to them losing money, and rather than fix the issue they put up more blocks to stop stuff from going on.
make it like it was in the past, easier to buy and sell and ebay/paypal makes more money from sales and fees.

I understand why they want to charge for removing auctions, It happend to me several times that sellers take an off ebay bid and removes the item. Also it seems popular to remove it if it doesn't get any bids.

I sold many thousands of items on ebay and I always getting a lot of bids to sell them off ebay, I have never agreed anyone to that. Ebay rely on that the items will sell ON EBAY, if you don't like eBay then don't sell your items there. BTW I don't sell on ebay anymore, its to expensive and buyers have way too much rights.

Now when I think about it I did actually did end one item once for a extremly good offer, but I did have an identical copy that I relisted directly, and I didnt have any bids on the first item either.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2013, 22:50 
I have to disagree with you. Sellers are protected to much on ebay.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2013, 23:59 
Sorry, I have to agree with Johan. I think the buyer has ALL the rights. (Same goes with Paypal :evil: )

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2013, 04:22 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

sellers have NO rights on ebay anymore. :sick: :evil: :sick:

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2013, 20:35 
You guys are probably right, as I have never been a seller, but I have been screwed a few times on both ebay and paypal, and I had to just eat it. Granted, all the times that I got screwed were long ago... so things have more than likely changed. Anyway, this seller is good... I have a few other sellers on ebay that I always use and trust totally. I used to use Da Don a few years ago and always had great luck... havent bought from him recently as he can be a bit overpriced.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2013, 23:37 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

rein-o wrote:
sellers have NO rights on ebay anymore. :sick: :evil: :sick:

It's been this way for at least the last five years or so..... used to sell loads but not anymore :(

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next