It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 09:13

Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Sellers charging wayyyy to much for shipping..
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2018, 11:31 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Apparently it's because of the GSP. They charge 30 dollars minimum for ANY international shipment, even if it's only going from the US to Canada.

GSP may be convenient for the seller, but it's a pain in the a** for international shoppers when the item isn't available from other sellers, and makes the sellers rather uncompetitive on the global marketplace.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2018, 13:32 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Another issue with the GSP is that eBay have a contract with a courier service in my country to handle the parcels. That courier is notorious for being slow and also actually lose consignments. Not only is GSP more expensive, it is slower and a lot more unreliable than using the actual post service. Not sure if this applies elsewhere.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2018, 13:41 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

I don't use GSP and I don't ship outside of the US except for Canada and I still get foreign buyers that use their own shipping service. Never had any complaints from those sales.

I did at first enable GSP when they started it. Then after selling some things I found out that eBay or whoever reships it tears apart my thoughtful and secure packaging, inspects the item and repacks it like dog crap. :( I just don't need the extra exposure to sell things and it's more of a headache than it's worth.

I guess GSP is trying to replace those places like JET, but they do a poor job.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2018, 15:46 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

samaron wrote:
Another issue with the GSP is that eBay have a contract with a courier service in my country to handle the parcels. That courier is notorious for being slow and also actually lose consignments. Not only is GSP more expensive, it is slower and a lot more unreliable than using the actual post service. Not sure if this applies elsewhere.

The irony of it is that sellers use GSP because they think it's more secure. Meanwhile I bought something from the UK two months ago using it and it disappeared. According to the tracking service it was never even processed at the global center so I guess it never even made it out of the country.

I wonder if any of them know about what gypsy said about them repackaging shipments just in the hopes of saving money (ie. making a bigger profit), either? Another reason I hate GSP is because they charge a customs deposit on checkout, and we all know paypal uses their own currency conversion which is favourable to them. I'd rather file for customs myself upon the item entering the country rather than having them take a cut out of that, too.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2018, 16:55 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Yeah I had no idea they did that until I sold a few things that way.

Also I should mention that I don't mind selling things internationally in general, I just refuse to do it on eBay. Done it plenty on forums with zero issues.

Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3