It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 12:39

Page 1 of 13 [ 248 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: AVOID Duncan Hunter/Bayview Electronics/laserdiscservice.com
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2015, 06:48 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Hi everyone,

Since it doesn't seem that any resolutions have occurred in these situations since they were first posted in the "Technical Questions" section beginning near the end of 2014, I'm starting a thread here in order to encapsulate the currently unresolved dealings several of us have had with Duncan Hunter/ldservice/Bayview Electronics/laserdiscservice.com/whatever other alias he may use (does anybody know of further ones?).

For those of you who are new to this, there are currently eight known lddb.com forum members on this list who have sent equipment (mostly LD players) to Duncan Hunter for repairs and/or modifications and have yet to receive them. There are a further two cases of individuals who did get their players back: in one case, the returned player was DOA, in another, the customer, tired of waiting nearly a year for Duncan to repair a player, asked Duncan to repair a different player in exchange for letting Duncan keep the original player, with the new player dying four months after being shipped to the customer. The earliest case on this list goes back to December of 2012...so basically, what is going on here has been happening for ALMOST THREE YEARS at this point.

Let me simply say that, if Mr. Hunter will not take steps to resolve these issues, I will take a step in doing so by cross-posting this information, in the hope that anybody who sees it will be compelled to go elsewhere for their service needs. As I told another forum member, I may never get my player back, but I'd like to do what I can to keep what has happened to us from happening to others.

Questions have been openly postulated elsewhere about what may, or may not, be happening with Mr. Hunter. Those have been documented elsewhere, and most are, admittedly, theoretical, so I think it is best if people, when posting in this thread, would please stick to verifiable facts and shy away from speculation...because regardless of what may or may not be happening in Mr. Hunter's personal life, the reality of this situation is that this is a problem which has been occurring far, FAR too long, and needs to be addressed. If Mr. Hunter proves himself unwilling to address these grievances personally with others, I think it is only fair that the stories of these particular individuals be aired as broadly as possible.

In summation, here is the current list (based on the one compiled by laserdisc_fan in the aforementioned thread, which can be read in its entirety at how many players does LDservice have of yours?????????) which contains all of the known victims, and where things stand:

1) Vinylcollector sent their player (a Pioneer CLD-92) to Duncan in December of 2012. Soon after the player arrived, Duncan assessed the issue as being bad grease, charging $164.50 for repairs and return shipping. Vinylcollector paid Duncan on December 6, 2012, and although vinylcollector has received messages as recently as August 7th of this year from Duncan stating that he was catching up with things, the player has still not yet been returned [Updated 8-27-15].

2) Antcufaalb sent two Panasonic LX-900's (one as a donor) to Duncan in January/February of 2013. After having an argument with Duncan VIA pm's, Duncan repaired and shipped out the player. He charged Antcufaalb $212.50 for the player repairs (not counting shipping), and further told him that he had "undercharged" Antcufaalb based on the amount of hours it took to bring the player back to working order, saying that Antcufaalb would not be able to afford Duncan's usual hourly labor charge based on his current income. Antcufaalb did receive the player, which promptly died on arrival.

3) Circlesky73 sent a Pioneer CLD-703 in January/February of 2013 for an alignment and AC-3 mod. After waiting 8-9 months for repairs, and after being given varying responses on the state of the unit, Circlesky73 worked out a deal with Duncan wherein Duncan would repair a Panasonic LX-900U in exchange for Duncan getting to keep the CLD-703. Eventually, in January/February of 2014, Duncan shipped the LX-900U to Circlesky73...which died about four months later.

4) Erwing sent their player to Duncan in February of 2013 (a Pioneer LDV-1000). Sometime near the end of 2013, Duncan told Erwing that his player was ready to ship, and asked him to pay for the repairs and shipping costs. Erwing did so, and despite numerous attempts to contact him (with only one response received, during which Duncan gave numerous 'reasons' as to why his player has not yet shipped), Erwing still has yet to receive their player, or even a shipping confirmation.

5) Xtempo sent a Lexicon LDD-1 AC-3 demodulator to Duncan in the late Summer of 2013 for an optical output modification. Duncan performed the modification, xtempo paid for the work, and it was returned...only for xtempo to find that the modification didn't work. He contacted Duncan about this in early 2014 and sent the unit back to him. To date, the unit has yet to be returned with the correct modification.

6) Xtempo has *also* been waiting since that time for a Pioneer LD-S2, which was being 'refurbished to order' (xtempo also paid Duncan for this work in early 2014). Although they've received a few responses from Duncan regarding his general well-being and whatnot, Duncan has not responded regarding their players.

7) Limoman54 sent their Pioneer LD-S2 to Duncan in October of 2013, which has yet to be returned.

8) Hauntmedoitagain sent their player to Duncan in late 2013 (a Pioneer CLD-3070). Again, despite Duncan saying that the player was ready to ship, they still have yet to receive their player.

9) Rein-o sent a Pioneer CD player to Duncan in April of 2014. Rein-o reports that Duncan would answer general inquiries, but whenever asked about the status of the CD player, Duncan would go silent. Rein-o still has yet to receive their CD player. UPDATE: After finding out in August of 2015 that Duncan was still taking on new jobs due to Jennifer's post (see #13), Rein-o sent Duncan a message asking him to return his equipment, which has not been answered.

10) Mr.mac sent Duncan a Pioneer CLD-97 in June of 2014. He received a few sporadic responses regarding the status of his player, but has not heard anything since October of 2014.

11) I sent Duncan a Pioneer CLD-97 I had just bought in late August of 2014, asking him to give it a once-over as well as doing an AC-3 mod. After several inquiries once every few weeks or so asking about the status of my player (he had initially told me it would only take a couple of weeks for him to send me a quote for the AC-3 mod and whatever other repairs, if any, were necessary) which were only occasionally answered with a note about being backed up, I sent him an e-mail in late January of 2015 with both a delivery confirmation and read receipt request asking for him to return my player, with me offering to pay shipping as well as whatever he charged for a bench fee (which I felt was more than fair after five months). I received the delivery confirmation, so I know that the email went through, but I have never received a read receipt or a response from Duncan. [EDIT: After initially posting that I had last received a response from Duncan in November of 2014, telling me that my player still had not been inspected, I discovered after reviewing my e-mails in regard to the situation that the last response I received from Duncan was actually on September 24, 2014. Despite further attempts to contact him regarding a status update, and later, for my player to be returned, I have not received anything further from him.]

There are a further nine complaints which have been filed with the Better Business Bureau against Bayview Electronics:
http://www.bbb.org/western-washington/b ... a-7052810/
Of the nine complaints which have been lodged VIA that page, all of which have been closed (seven of them during 2015, the other two dating from 2013), only one of them was closed to the buyer's satisfaction (back in 2013). Two are marked as showing that BBB believed Bayview to be out of business, with the other six being marked as showing that Bayview never responded to the disputes. I don't know how many of these complaints may or may not overlap with what I have previously listed, but it appears that at least a few may.

There is also a page at yelp.com with three negative reviews of Bayview Electronics (along with one positive review from 2013):
http://www.yelp.com/biz/bayview-electronics-olympia
One of the reviews overlaps with the above listings, but the other two negative reviews appear to be unique to this page (are either of these individuals forum members?)

There are at least five (!) addresses which have been associated with Duncan and Bayview Electronics. All are around Olympia, Washington:
14930 Frenchie Lane SE, Yelm WA 98597 (this is the most recent address which has been reported. Whether it is his residence or not is unknown)
10118 Lookout Drive NW, Olympia WA 98502 (this is an address which is reported as a residence. Whether it is his current residence or not is unknown)
805 College Street SE Suite B, Lacey WA 98503 (this is an address which was associated with Bayview Electronics)
3403 Steamboat Island Road NW, Olympia WA 98502 (this is the address listed on the BBB page)
6541 Sexton Drive NW Suite F, Olympia WA 98502 (this is the address listed on the Yelp page)

The constants of this situation seem to be that Duncan is courteous and quick to respond (and even, in some cases, turns down work and some offers to buy refurbished players) during initial contact. After a person sends their player to Duncan, however, things change. Despite repeated attempts to contact Duncan, the general consensus is that he responds to further inquiries in a haphazard fashion, if at all, when they are related to repairs. On the other hand, if somebody just writes a general letter to see how he's doing, he'll generally respond to that...until, of course, the individual tries to direct the conversation back toward the repair status, at which point communication ceases again. If a person does happen to reach a point where Duncan reports that their player is ready to ship, and that individual pays Duncan for repairs and shipping charges, communication generally falls off again, and when it does resume, it is usually to inform the individual that their player hasn't yet shipped because of some life circumstance.

I don't think anybody who has been listed above is insensitive to the curve-balls life has a tendency of throwing at people, which have been documented second-hand as reported to various forum members by Duncan VIA intermittent emails. That being said, though, ALL of these people (even the relative few who have actually gotten something back from Duncan) have been treated in a HIGHLY UNPROFESSIONAL manner. This may not be Duncan's main source of income, but he is still advertising his business via http://www.laserdiscservice.com (the domain was renewed on June 14th of this year), and frankly, this is a ridiculous way for a business to "operate".

It needs to stop.

If others out there are in this same situation, or if you are listed here and you have additional information to add about your situation (since I gleaned most of this stuff from laserdisc_fan's list as well as skimming through the original thread), please do so. I would like this list to be as comprehensive as possible regarding where things stand in people's interactions with Duncan Hunter/ldservice/Bayview Electronics/laserdiscservice.com, as well as how these situations are resolved, if that ever happens.

Last edited by kevinloy on 07 Mar 2016, 20:24, edited 9 times in total.

Post subject: Re: AVOID Duncan Hunter/Bayview Electronics/laserdiscservice
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2015, 10:57 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Isn't the other thread enough...?

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2015, 17:45 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

With all due respect, Nissling, I feel the answer is 'no', since Jennifer's experience took place well after that thread started.

That being said, I know I didn't see the thread at first because of its placement in the 'technical questions' section (which is not where I would have looked for it) when I was initially considering asking questions. It was only when I used the search function to see if others had posted problems in the past that I came across the thread. In my opinion, this is important information which should be more easily found.

I apologize to those of you who might feel offended due to your personal regard for Duncan/ldservice, but in light of the fact that Duncan is still taking jobs despite having ongoing disputes which stretch back to 2012, I feel very strongly that this issue needs more, and not less, visibility, and that placing a condensed version of the original thread here (which is currently 12 pages and contains more than a bit of conjecture) is a step in the right direction.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2015, 23:30 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

when I started that topic I wasn't sure were to put it.
so I agree, it is needed.
and I still have had no contact from him and no player, last message was around October or November right before I started that topic.

I asked him to just send my player back after I read that Jennifer had received contact.

According to the above posted it seems that he has a total of 12 players.

removed as per request from Duncan via email today 9-2-15

Duncan is a Thief and has committed mail fraud and theft.

since we have his address from the other topic when he is receiving his mail at his new house we should
call the police on him..........

Last edited by rein-o on 03 Sep 2015, 01:47, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2015, 01:08 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Hey Rein-o, I apologize if I came off as if I was ribbing you or anything, especially since, had you not started the initial thread, we might not have known nearly as much about the situation as we currently do.

Expect a PM from me (this goes for the others who are listed above as well) in a little bit.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2015, 01:11 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

didn't think I was ribbed :)
I'm just P---ed about the entire thing and want to post what I can about the situation.
for some reason we were close but when I sent him this message from the PMs here he never responded.

Message subject: Re: repairs contacts from others Sent: 7 Nov 14, 3:45am
hey,
so I've been getting messages from 3 other guys who have sent you players and haven't
received anything back.

how are things going???? are you overloaded or what happened???
even hearing from guys on facebook that found me and sent me PMs from there that they haven't received anything after 8 months and even paid.

I know about the move and stuff but are you doing alright??

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2015, 04:10 
True fan
True fan

OK, I was still in contact with Duncan before this mess and On/Off until I figured out what was going on... Grasshooper(Me) and Rein-O were trying to start a case. It all started when 'ERWING found me on FaceBook and explained to me and asked if I could find any info. Time went on and I had several PM'S regarding Ldservice and their players, etc. as Rein-O did also. Duncan would send me updates and so on, as he knew, I knew something just isn't right. So, he sent these photos last Fall 2014 from Yelma, WA explaining that he is working on his work shop on and off...He wouldn't talk about the mess he was in or details and what Rein-O said was pretty much what was going on... Surgery, and other personal problems....

I didn't want this to be this way, but wanted to just come clean on what I know and received in previous e-mail's.

So, here is where you will find your LD Players up above, Do you really want to them back? After looking at this? NOPE.. I think I would just want my funds back.....

Yes' I'm very disappointed in how all this came too LDDB Members....

\../

Last edited by grasshopper on 17 Aug 2015, 06:43, edited 2 times in total. _________________
SERVOS SYSTEMS: FOCUS,TRACKING,SLIDER,SPINDLE,TILT,TANGENTIAL(1984 BACK) TIME BASE CORRECTOR

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2015, 04:16 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Every picture tells a story ....
Sad but true in this case. Perhaps the guy can just come clean and be honest about his ills eventually.
Never met a perfect person before........
Choosing to be incommunicado just compounds the issues though.

Hang tough out there to all involved including ldservice ......
Hope his pets survived all this upheaval !

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2015, 04:24 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

This is a terrible situation for sure, but some of these statements like..."the player died four months later". Without further specifics that's useless information. Anyone who knows LD knows that that stuff does just happen. These are old-ass machines. If the same exact thing failed again after the repair was completed...that's actually useful information. Quality of repair was not previously known to be a problem area with him, as far as I know.

I realize that this is a pretty pointless thing to bring up, but I'm not saying this to defend Duncan, just to let you know that weak circumstantial flurishes do nothing for anyone when facts are so badly needed.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2015, 04:56 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

:sick:

Maybe not quite as cringe-worthy as that huge vertical stack of CED's on eBay linked on CEDmagic (and then the seller tried to cover it up and took un-stacked pics after being called out!) but damn.

I mean, nobody can accuse me of being terribly well organized or clean, but that gear is (theoretically) his livelyhood, and it looks like there was absolutely no care taken with it. For one thing, there should be proper shelves and other organizational things... the smaller parts could be kept in sturdy and easily stackable banker boxes.

In any case, those photos don't befit his (prior) reputation.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2015, 08:23 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Grasshopper, thank you for sharing those photos. Unfortunate though they may be, I think they more or less underscore one of the possible worst case scenarios that have been going through people's minds.

That having been said...

signofzeta wrote:
This is a terrible situation for sure, but some of these statements like..."the player died four months later". Without further specifics that's useless information. Anyone who knows LD knows that that stuff does just happen. These are old-ass machines. If the same exact thing failed again after the repair was completed...that's actually useful information. Quality of repair was not previously known to be a problem area with him, as far as I know.

I realize that this is a pretty pointless thing to bring up, but I'm not saying this to defend Duncan, just to let you know that weak circumstantial flurishes do nothing for anyone when facts are so badly needed.

What are the other statements with which you take issue?

The point of my initial post was to condense what information has been provided, here and elsewhere, into a more easily digestible format. Yes, there are statements which would benefit from more information, but what was provided is ultimately what was provided. That being said, I completely agree that this is old equipment at this point, and things can and do fail, but I think the bigger part of that issue is that the only reason the individual had Duncan repair the Panasonic was because he had dragged out "repairs" on a Pioneer CLD-703 for eight or nine months, so Circlesky74 must have felt that having him repair the other player was a way to at least get something tangible out of him. I don't know about you, but the issue I personally find with that is that he didn't repair the initial player in a timely manner, and I certainly don't feel that is useless information (that being said, if you still feel the same, we'll just have to agree to disagree on that).

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2015, 13:06 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

The pictures confirm what many have long suspected.
He is down to his last dollar and appears to have setup a shed in the middle of nowhere to conduct his business
from presumably to avoid paying taxes!

It looks like utter chaos in there with equipment scattered all over the place.

It also confirms there can't have been too much wrong with his health if he was able to relocate to this bizarre location
and had time to paint a barn pink!!

If your player has by some miracle survived all the upheaval caused by the move it is probably dead from all the damp in that dingy looking barn.
How the mighty have fallen.........his entire reputation just vaporized when I saw those pictures.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2015, 17:01 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

With no intention to show disrespect for any of his customers, I think Duncan is the one who feels most bad over this. Does anyone here seriously think he stacked all those players and put his head in the sand just to escape from his business? I certainly don't. We all know that Duncan have gone through lots of trouble and these pictures were taken before he moved his store, so we don't know if these players are still in the storage that's shown above.

Also, I'm not saying that Duncan doesn't have any responsibility. Of course he has, and he have done some bad moves for sure. And I do know what it's like to wait for something that's on repair that never seem to get finished. But I really don't think it ended up like this because he wanted it to. Some people here (no one mentioned) thinks that all he's doing to fix the players is replacing the rubber belts and then sending them back home so they wonder why the heck he would take some time. Surgery, divorce and relocating takes time. More than he want it to.

But well, offense is certainly easier than defense...

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2015, 18:54 
True fan
True fan

These pictures are at the new location deep in the woods.. No more store front......Him and a contractor were working to build new benches and get heat out there as in a wood burner.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2015, 21:43 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

nissling wrote:
With no intention to show disrespect for any of his customers, I think Duncan is the one who feels most bad over this. Does anyone here seriously think he stacked all those players and put his head in the sand just to escape from his business? I certainly don't. We all know that Duncan have gone through lots of trouble and these pictures were taken before he moved his store, so we don't know if these players are still in the storage that's shown above.

Also, I'm not saying that Duncan doesn't have any responsibility. Of course he has, and he have done some bad moves for sure. And I do know what it's like to wait for something that's on repair that never seem to get finished. But I really don't think it ended up like this because he wanted it to. Some people here (no one mentioned) thinks that all he's doing to fix the players is replacing the rubber belts and then sending them back home so they wonder why the heck he would take some time. Surgery, divorce and relocating takes time. More than he want it to.

But well, offense is certainly easier than defense...

Nissling, with all due respect...

I honestly do not feel that anybody has been unreasonable in their expectations from Duncan. I assume that all of us here are adults, and all of us are well aware of the way life can be. Nonetheless, regardless of what has or has not happened in his personal life and regardless of his qualities or detriments as a human, the fact of the matter is that he has (and continues to) advertised himself, and Bayview Electronics, as a business. That alone sets up an expectation of at least a modicum of professionalism, which I think it is fair to say has not been extended to us.

If you're dealing with a legitimate business, should you have to chase them down after months of waiting to get some sort of status update? And if you do ask for a status update, is it unreasonable to expect the business to respond to it? And when people, after months and years of waiting without hearing much of anything, let alone anything substantial, get impatient, is that unreasonable? Is it unreasonable that people who have paid years ago for equipment that was supposed to be ready to ship have yet to actually receive it and are upset?

You say we "know" that Duncan has been through this or that. I have certainly read things here, but how do I know that any of the things he has said in this regard are true? He's told several of the people on the list that their equipment was ready to be shipped back to them. Was he telling the truth then?

I have intended (and continue to intend) to stay away from offering opinions in this thread which are not based on solid evidence. For all I know, everything that Duncan has said to others may be completely true. It may also be completely false, or any mixture in between. But regardless of theories, the fact of the matter remains that there are numerous instances of people who have waited 1-3 YEARS for equipment to be returned to them and it has yet to happen. I think that, if Duncan were taking the time to give people status updates (as you mentioned, we are discussing equipment which is getting long in the tooth, and although some parts still seem to be readily available, others probably are not, and what stock does currently exist will eventually be depleted), it would not have come to this. Didn't these people deserve to know SOMETHING about the status of their equipment, rather than getting minimal (if any) response from Duncan and to eventually be greeted by photographs of a pile of disassembled units, stacked haphazardly in an uncontrolled environment and covered with pieces of fiberglass (especially considering that some of these people had already paid service costs and return shipping to Duncan)?

I don't think that any of us are being unfair to Duncan.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2015, 00:14 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I don't think fair/unfair is the issue. The situation as it stands just sucks and some people have decided to make entertainment out if it. Those pictures for example...what is the point? So we can all laugh at how far he's fallen? You're giggling and dramatizing over what it's clearly a sad man at the lowest point in his life.

I'm sorry you guy's antique toys are broke and that you lack the skills to fix anything yourself, but I don't see what good it does to contribute so much mean spirited speculation. [edited by admin]

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2015, 00:31 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

signofzeta wrote:
I don't think fair/unfair is the issue. The situation as it stands just sucks and some people have decided to make entertainment out if it. Those pictures for example...what is the point? So we can all laugh at how far he's fallen? You're giggling and dramatizing over what it's clearly a sad man at the lowest point in his life.

I'm sorry you guy's antique toys are broke and that you lack the skills to fix anything yourself, but I don't see what good it does to contribute so much mean spirited speculation. It's like s****ing on a big ol pile of s**t that's already got way too much s**t on it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hey the pictures show what he has done with our stuff for over 1 year, he has S**I on all of us.
I really don't care about him and his hard times, if its that bad he should have NEVER taken on my player 1 year ago to DIC* me over.
he should have never taken on Jennifer's player only a few months ago again to DIC* her over.

he's like a gambler, just one more hand and I can win :crazy: he is a loser and a thief and it has nothing to do with throwing S**T in a fan
it has to do with my initial post last year about the man who sold the Eiffel tower for scrap metal.
when nobody talks about it they get DIC*ED in private rather than telling so others don't get DIC*ED..............

Lets also not forget that Duncan only started working on consumer players AFTER Pioneer stopped doing LD players.
his MAIN source of repairs were industrial and for companies not private individuals.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2015, 01:07 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I don't see how anything you said there was a response to anything I said. Was it supposed to be? To me, human lives are more important than CD players. That was my point. If you care to address that, fine, if not please holster that machine gun you have that only fires emoticons and exclamation points. I think we've seen the full potential of that excuse for discussion.

And in all seriousness, everything in those shots looks like it's junk. I don't see anything but spares. We can't say for sure, but I seriously doubt there are a bunch of scopes and X-0s at the bottom of that pile. Another meaningless distinction? Maybe, but before anyone gets pissed about how their precious gear is in a windowless shed, it might be good to keep that in mind.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2015, 01:16 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

signofzeta wrote:

I don't see anybody cracking jokes here about this situation, Signofzeta. Since you have used the term "you're", which directs your response at me, I'll address it in that fashion. I certainly am not laughing at this situation. I'm out of a player which cost me $300 and which I didn't even get to use. I don't think it is funny at all.

While there were jokes made at times in the previous thread, that underscores why laserdisc_fan compiled the initial list and part of the reason why I re-posted the list in this new thread - to get away from that and to hone in on the issue at hand.

I think Grasshopper's point with posting the picture was clearly stated: not to mock or ridicule, but to share what he knows about the situation. I personally appreciate that he did so.

signofzeta wrote:
I'm sorry you guy's antique toys are broke and that you lack the skills to fix anything yourself, but I don't see what good it does to contribute so much mean spirited speculation. It's like s****ing on a big ol pile of s**t that's already got way too much s**t on it.

Honestly, I think this is a pretty fallacious argument to make. Some people are skilled at repairing electronics. Some people are excellent carpenters. Some people are great plumbers. So what? We all have strengths and weaknesses. Should I be doing my own bi-yearly teeth cleaning, or should I trust that, paying a dentist for a service and knowing that a business lives or dies by its reputation, the dentist won't grind off all of the enamel from my teeth? THAT is the ONLY issue here - we have entered into a service agreement with a businessman who has NOT fulfilled his end.

I have made it a point to steer away from speculation as much as possible here, partly because I know that Duncan does have friends here, but also because speculation detracts from the situation as it is known to stand. As I said before, I don't know the full reality of the situation any more than anybody else probably does. What I do know, though, is that numerous people, here and elsewhere, are quagmired in a wretched situation, and if this post can help keep that from happening to other people, then that's all I can really hope for at this point.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2015, 02:57 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Yeah, his personal problems seem quite bad...

... but between what rein-o said/accused about the reason for the divorce, and what we can concretely see with him taking repair jobs even though he's unable to handle existing jobs, he hasn't been particularly honorable or sympathetic lately. As I said on the other thread, I had to link it from reddit to keep someone from sending him another player in the last month-ish!

In the end, it would be good if his situation improved professionally and personally.

(and thinking about it, it's quite likely the repair jobs are being kept in a better spot.)

Page 1 of 13 [ 248 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next