It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:14

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Troublesome buyer "jamesyp1" (closed now)
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2017, 03:07 
Site Admin
Site Admin

SELLERS BEWARE

A new member joined LDDb last October and put a few orders in 7 different shops over a few weeks.

http://www.lddb.com/feedbacks.php?user=jamesyp1

Some positive feedbacks at first, nothing to worry about there, then he started posting very strong negative feedbacks and forced the sellers contact me to complain about him and his behavior.

Trying to communicate with him has been challenging because he doesn't use politeness, pack all the text in one uninterrupted block of text with typos and missing words, and rambles on and on without giving specific, articulated answers. He stopped answering my emails after a while.

I would recommend you treat very carefully with him for now.

I will also send a warning to all previous and current sellers for safety.

All unjustified negative feedbacks will of course be moderated/removed.

Julien

Post subject: Re: Troublesome buyer "jamesyp1"
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2017, 03:57 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Reminds me of a CED buyer that came onto the market just when i had some CEDs to sell about 6 years ago.

Only negative feedback i ever received from ebay over the past 14 years was from 1 CED.

Guy would pull the, it doesn't play can i get a partial refund deal, super major scammer and cursed all over the place.
Really hate this type of stuff from new collectors, we need new collectors but they do need to know the limits of LD and the available stock.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2017, 06:21 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

You know it really stings getting a negative feedback rating. Especially when I treat people like I wish to be treated consistently as a LaserDisc collector / Dealer and fellow member of the LDDB.
However, like all experiences, there is a teachable moment and lesson to be learned with some pearl of wisdom buried in the mud as a reward from reflection and hindsight.

The experience dealing with jamesyp1 has encouraged much reflection......

Takes a bit of the sting out knowing this guy has been quick to hit that negative feedback option with other members here. Sadly the negative strike this guy left me reflects more on his character then on mine. I have nearly 500 positive feedbacks compared to his small handful since joining recently. I feel a tad of regret leaving a negative strike for jamesyp1. Just could not bring myself to let him slide with a pass feedback wise. I did mean every word and will stand by the negative left for my part of the experience with him. My words paint a very accurate picture .......

In hindsight I would repeat the same series of events during the coms and transaction details with jamesyp1. I honestly do not know where the confusion came from for his part.
For my part this was just like any other transaction.

Thankfully a majority of the members I have transacted with over the years have responded with thank you emails, repeated patronage, and / or taken the time to leave generous feedback reflecting their experience with my store.

If you deal with this guy, CYA - cover your a** .......

Jamesyp1, if you happen to read this, please consider yourself excommunicado (banned from any dealings with my store in the future.) (Needless to mention most likely, just for the record stated here.)

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2017, 10:04 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

An addendum to my previous post .....

Mr. jamesyp1 is trolling my personal email now. Two very strange emails through the night.
It appears he seeks satisfaction besides torpedoing my feedback rating.

Hope he finds someone else to bother soon .........

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2017, 10:59 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Sad to hear a lemon has appeared. I have been dealing online since 2001. Only once have I left someone negative feedback. Guess some are just more trigger happy on the negative button than others. In my case I had a sour deal with a chap on eBay. I bought a power strip (cost 12 bucks or something), but ended costing me 100 or so in the end. The seller had the bright idea to write a five times higher value on the parcel, which resulted in me getting fees and taxes. Had he just left the value alone, then there wouldn't be any problem. I tried to get him to cover the expenses (which cost more than the item + shipping), but I only got the "it is the buyers responsibility to cover import charges bla bla" in return. He also mentioned that he had declared it as a gift, so he had done his part. The rest were my problem. I tried to explain that the gift part were invalid since he sent it from a company address, and that it were extremely unneccessary to increase the value in the first place. He had some excuse that he would get more money back on insurance if it got lost or something. In the end, the seller were simply impossible to work with. He simply didn't want to acnowledge his (expensive) mistake and rectify it. Only time I've left negative feedback online.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2017, 00:37 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

samaron wrote:
Italian?

Post modern human.....
Most likely off psych meds from time to time.
It appears he can have manners with dealers as his feedback indicates poitive feedback.

Cancelled our transaction before "shipping out" as the "writing was on the wall".........
I say deal with the guy, just dont p**s him off ........

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2017, 18:13 
True fan
True fan

There's a rambling, bordering-on-trolling autistic[1] user on the FB group with the name James P…ton. (I removed the middle part of his surname to protect his identity.)

I wonder if this is the same guy.

[1] Not my diagnosis. He told us after what seemed to be the 9,000th heated exchange we had with him.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2017, 18:18 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

acuozzo wrote:
There's a rambling, bordering-on-trolling autistic[1] user on the FB group with the name James P…ton. (I removed the middle part of his surname to protect his identity.)

I wonder if this is the same guy.

[1] Not my diagnosis. He told us after what seemed to be the 9,000th heated exchange we had with him.

Is this the guy from new york?

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2017, 18:30 
True fan
True fan

substance wrote:
Is this the guy from new york?

Nah, the guy I'm thinking of is from the UK.

Post subject: re: great site will not gang up .Ever!
PostPosted: 07 Apr 2017, 06:38 
Third post and above
Third post and above

Just wanted to say hi and hope that ,I hope everything's is going good on your site I scroll, Your site from time to time.Nothing that was interesting to me but I'm just one opinion.any way just popped to say hi and hope you doing good?. James.

Last edited by jamesyp1 on 18 Jul 2017, 23:52, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2017, 10:07 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Judging from his forum posts I pity those who have received emails from him. That wall of text is just painful to read.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2017, 12:24 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

I've made many purchases from firehorse_44, Admin and lasercamp (where Julien had to step in and moderate feedback received from jamesyp1).
All were top notch sellers and jamesyp1's ramblings above don't convince me otherwise.

At the very least some punctuation wouldn't go amiss and I think his post modern artwork would be better exhibited on some other forum, where it can be appreciated.
It's not doing much for me personally. ;)

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2017, 22:39 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

I ain't reading that. ain't nobody got time for that.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2017, 00:04 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

jamesyp1 wrote:
I see that fish spit mom or firehose not sure I just did not want to leave feedback on items I haven't even received and you are offering me free discs for good feedback yet I really didn't send you a nasty feedback everything said was true you know all of a sudden you try to sic the admin on me .as far as that goes I didn't know if he was feedback or a buddy of yours ? you had already had sent me 7 messages on personal email if I was so hard to deal with why didn't you write me on site here? probably because it would show that I have had no problems from anyone I have ever bought on here and your transaction and constant wanting to act like a child I haven't ripped anybody off if you have proof show it I paid on time and had to drive to mayo all of the other orders had came in by this time you never even responded until I wrote you about what had happened no answer till you quickly got them sent off 2 day as far as bully tactics to try to get your way when through all of that I got two clean laserdisc that played fine and I would just have ignored your shop and buying anymore from you again I made that choice as far as someone trolling on your personal email is stupid I don't troll any bodies personal email after I sent last message saying there was no fraud on my part I just don't like how you sell your disc and how did I know your personal email when you never sent any of your rants about how I was such a tricky person I really hate to draw the line in the sand but you started personal attacks on how I deal shady and you have a problem with me? i was new on the site and never thought that anyone would really get personal like that . as far as sellers go you can ask chuck from discount laserdiscs or g an j rarities both have ashop online on its own and one on ebay if I ever was less that a quick pay and no hassles from me I could care less again on your selling tactics or how you do your business I just don't buy from you anymore it started getting personal when I'm checking my personal email? your busy trying I guess to make me look back again drop it I probably would have taken a better approach to change the feeback that you so preciously guard I don't wanna make you look bad at all put I damn sure not changing the feedback because of the constant emails to my personal emaili guess its real funny to try to personally attack me everyway you can but I just didn't really care sorry if I twisted you around if that's what you want to do really is my final time I have nothing personal against you except the way I feel about a transaction I was taught at an early age that when you do that it just lowers to your level which I will not by the way its Sicilian not Italian . as far as the admin goes I had just started to buy from your site and you went straight to the lil insults I didn't know you were an admin .plus you might want to listen to new people that buy from you on a regular basis to explain the proper way to navigate or site not jump to insults as far as that again.instead of just assuming I was or wasn't typing right who named you grammar cop as far as my block lettering goes if that's supposed to dig in it didn't I just lost a bit of respect for you . which I'm sure you don't care but I hope you other adults that ive never bought from putting two cents a shot on me again whatever I respect when I get respect not the other way around .I mean I feel kinda like you cant sit at the cool kids table I don't expect to have been treated like that and for sure would have never spoke to anyone with profanity and 2 cent words good luck on selling your discs .If you feel you need to keep going by all means go for it I just have a bunch of life that way more important .good luck the troublesome buyer jamesyp1

I am not a professor of english nor a teacher. However, if I was teaching jamesyp1, I would have to give him a D- on the above text for grammar. I am not giving a grade on spelling as it would be hard to do. He has the longest runon sentence that I have ever seen. He also does not like to use periods to end his sentences not to mention the lack of a capital letter for the first word in a sentence. After reading the text, I am left with a great deal of confusion as to what I read and what the author was trying to say. It is obvious to me that jamesyp1 has been using his smartphone to send text messages which could explain why the above block of text looks so deplorable.

jamesyp1: try to get some help with your grammar from a local high school. You certainly do need it.

Last edited by dumbchemist on 08 Apr 2017, 19:34, edited 2 times in total. _________________
LD
Pioneer CLD-D406
Sony MDP-600
CED
934-54780150, 934.54810350, SJT-200, CED-1, 3-VIP1000, VIP201P

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2017, 01:44 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Firstly, jamesyp1, for your information sir, my member call sign is firehorse_44 and my yahoo I.D. is fishspitlover@yahoo.com.

I never offered this man free ANYTHING, ... for him to claim this sums up the confusion he was having during the infancy of our transaction, he made that assumption all on his own..... .
Clearly we did not ever understand each other from the very beginning of our contact.
Have never had to deal with anyone from such an extreme left of field as this person. At the time of our transaction, things were crystal clear for my part. The reason for all my emails was nailing down invoice details and problems perceived during playback of one of the titles purchased. Gaps in this persons communication made navigating the transaction very difficult.
Things did not flow smoothly communication wise ever with Mr. jamesyp1. It was similar to two different languages attempting communication. Was this due to language barrier ? I had no idea then and I have no idea now. This would explain a great deal if the case.....

I treated this guy just like any previous Patron of Flying Terrapin. Respect was given even after I had to unpack his order due to "confusion" on his part. Respect was still given though I noted the train had jumped the track and there was no point in salvaging this transaction. A delay in shipping was eminent as transaction details were delayed. He had a problem with my shipping timetable.
I knew at the time it was futile to continue (this was before I knew anything about his previous history dealing with other members here), I advised him of his pending refund and apologized for my part of our failed transaction.

It was not till he crapped on my feedback and began trolling my email after being refunded in full for ALL HIS PURCHASES that the gloves came off.
Sorry jamesyp1, I still do not need to twist anything. Not my style to twist. I like objective facts backed up with concrete data, not the subjective vitriol that you seem to be spewing here......

I have attempted to read his last posted here. The post by him sums up my experience attempting to transact with him...... very difficult to comprehend .........

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2017, 14:40 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

firehorse_44 wrote:
Firstly, jamesyp1, for your information sir, my member call sign is firehorse_44 and my yahoo I.D. is fishspitlover@yahoo.com.

I never offered this man free ANYTHING, ... for him to claim this sums up the confusion he was having during the infancy of our transaction, he made that assumption all on his own..... .
Clearly we did not ever understand each other from the very beginning of our contact.
Have never had to deal with anyone from such an extreme left of field as this person. At the time of our transaction, things were crystal clear for my part. The reason for all my emails was nailing down invoice details and problems perceived during playback of one of the titles purchased. Gaps in this persons communication made navigating the transaction very difficult.
Things did not flow smoothly communication wise ever with Mr. jamesyp1. It was similar to two different languages attempting communication. Was this due to language barrier ? I had no idea then and I have no idea now. This would explain a great deal if the case.....

I treated this guy just like any previous Patron of Flying Terrapin. Respect was given even after I had to unpack his order due to "confusion" on his part. Respect was still given though I noted the train had jumped the track and there was no point in salvaging this transaction. A delay in shipping was eminent as transaction details were delayed. He had a problem with my shipping timetable.
I knew at the time it was futile to continue (this was before I knew anything about his previous history dealing with other members here), I advised him of his pending refund and apologized for my part of our failed transaction.

It was not till he crapped on my feedback and began trolling my email after being refunded in full for ALL HIS PURCHASES that the gloves came off.
Sorry jamesyp1, I still do not need to twist anything. Not my style to twist. I like objective facts backed up with concrete data, not the subjective vitriol that you seem to be spewing here......

I have attempted to read his last posted here. The post by him sums up my experience attempting to transact with him...... very difficult to comprehend .........

10-4 on that.
CED
934-54780150, 934.54810350, SJT-200, CED-1, 3-VIP1000, VIP201P

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2017, 00:42 
Third post and above
Third post and above

dumbchemist wrote:
I am not a professor of english nor a teacher. However, if I was teaching jamesyp1, I would have to give him a D- on the above text for grammar. I am not giving a grade on spelling as it would be hard to do. He has the longest runon sentence that I have ever seen. He also does not like to use periods to end his sentences not to mention the lack of a capital letter for the first word in a sentence. After reading the text, I am left with a great deal of confusion as to what I read and what the author was trying to say. It is obvious to me that jamesyp1 has been using his smartphone to send text messages which could explain why the above block of text looks so deplorable.

jamesyp1: try to get some help with your grammar from a local high school. You certainly do need it.

are we being whiney again we used to scare you little guy don't worry its really come down to this for you I absorb your little friends leaving their comments truly smart take of person side and assume they no what they are talking about as far as school went they closed mine because of the excessive fighting and giving the teachers head ache I am really truly sorry that you get so offended about 15 or so little words I think you think you were entitled to get a different comment from admin everyone knows on the site that there was something wrong with the way to stop all bellyache and sniveling

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2017, 03:27 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Hey mr jamesyp1, at least the negative feedback you left me made perfect sense .........

First order I ever had to cancel due to a customer basically being an a**hole .......

Thanks for wasting 2 plus hours of my time not to mention the materials that were wasted as well.
We will not count the time waiting for your responses to move forward with your purchases.

In hindsight, not regretting cancelling your order before shipping to you for one nanosecond.

Hopefully the feedback I left you helps another dealer avoid a similar transaction from H**l that you put me through .........

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2017, 17:23 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Update since jamesyp1 has obviously improved his behavior quite a bit and sent this apology to the forum (edited):

Quote:
I'm sorry if I offended anyone thru my actions. I enjoy this site. I don't want anyone to think I am crazy.If we could possibly work together to make amends,I will be a willing participate cause I'm really a nice person. Not this raving lunatic.. Again I apologize if I offended anyone . Sincerely james

Julien

Post subject: Re: Troublesome buyer "jamesyp1" (closed now)
PostPosted: 31 Aug 2017, 06:31 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

What a whack job ........ just noted the torpedo on yet another members feedback :wtf:

Still sand in my underwear that this guy left my store a negative strike without even receiving product ......
My intuition was accurate during our transaction, thus I cancelled his lame a** order .......

I stand by my feedback left for the idiot ......

EXCOMMUNICADO

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next