It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:34

Page 3 of 15 [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Regular non-paying buyer 'cararte'
PostPosted: 31 May 2012, 23:22 
True fan
True fan

naiaru wrote:
I'm so confused. What's happening here?

Hi-end LaserDisc player deal gone bad, I guess.

TLK :cool:

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 02:48 
True fan
True fan

lizardkingjr wrote:
naiaru wrote:
I'm so confused. What's happening here?

Hi-end LaserDisc player deal gone bad, I guess.

Now all I can think of is No Country for Old Men's plot but with a Laserdisc player deal gone bad instead of a drug deal gone bad.....

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 06:56 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

Back in October 2011 he was put on probabionary status on this site for not paying for items he had purchased.
I just checked how things have progressed since then:
http://www.lddb.com/feedbacks.php?user=cararte

Not good as you can see - he seems to have gone back to his bad old ways.
Anyone conducting business with this trickster would need their head examined.

Last edited by laserdisc_fan on 01 Jun 2012, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 07:27 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Really liked that pneumatic high pressure weapon in "No Country for Old Men"
Quick and effective......
That Movie was just plain disturbing ......
But very well done, especially liked Woody attempting to talk the way out of his characters demise.......
I get a similar disturbing feeling from this thread..... :thumbdown:

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 22:38 
True fan
True fan

reinbo wrote:
Let me warn you of Ricardo Tomas. He is a guy that sells laserdisc players from portugal. Don't ever deal with him. He ripped me of on I high End playerI bought from him. If anybody knows him. Please contact him and ask him why he ripped me of. I ve been waiting for over 6 month on my palyer and I don't believe he will ever ship it, even though he keeps finding excuses. Laserdisc people should not do that.

This is the guy, know as Cararte here

[picture removed]

Ricardo Tomas aka mv_cinema_consulting on ebay. Don't believe is 100% score. That is proberly a fraude too.

If he ships my player, I will remove this and all the other posts on the internet, but after more than 6 month I don't expect he will.

Here's his response:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthre ... age=22#654

He says you already received your player.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2012, 04:34 
True fan
True fan

naiaru wrote:
How'd you get his picture?

Probably facebook.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2012, 07:41 
Honest fan
Honest fan

lizardkingjr wrote:
reinbo wrote:
Let me warn you of Ricardo Tomas. He is a guy that sells laserdisc players from portugal. Don't ever deal with him. He ripped me of on I high End playerI bought from him. If anybody knows him. Please contact him and ask him why he ripped me of. I ve been waiting for over 6 month on my palyer and I don't believe he will ever ship it, even though he keeps finding excuses. Laserdisc people should not do that.

This is the guy, know as Cararte here

[picture removed]

Ricardo Tomas aka mv_cinema_consulting on ebay. Don't believe is 100% score. That is proberly a fraude too.

If he ships my player, I will remove this and all the other posts on the internet, but after more than 6 month I don't expect he will.

Here's his response:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthre ... age=22#654

He says you already received your player.

Well I don't..... He prommisses me to sent it this week. If he does I will post that here. And tell he is alright afterall. If not. It's up to you to decide who to believe. I've got no reason for lying....

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 19:20 
Honest fan
Honest fan

As you could read in his reaction he said he would sent the player that week. Now two weeks have gone by and nothing happened. He is a liar and e cheat. Beware, don't ever deal with him and warn all other laserdisc collectors.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2012, 16:13 
Did you tell these guys the story about the player you bought?
Dod they know the truth?
That you ruined the player, i paid for everything and shipped the player back to you fully fixed? Do you think i have hte necessitiyt to steal anything from you or anybody?
Things you are saying about me are very serious and you will pay in court from every word. I never took anything from you and i always solved your problems you moron!!

It's not my fault that hte part took so long to arrive from Mcintosh.

WHY DON'T YOU TELL THIS PEOPLE THE TRUYTH YOU IDIOT?!!! THE PLAYER WAS SENT AND YOU SHOULD RECEIVE IT SHORTLY! OF COURSE IT WENT BY SURFACE, BY AIR WAS TOO EXPENSIVE BUT IT WENT INSURED. DON'T WORRY BECAUSE I DON'T WANT NOT EVEN $1 USD FROM YOU THAT IS NOT MINE!

WHEN YOU GET THE PLAYER DON'T FORGET TO TELL ALL THIS MEMBERS HERE THE KIND OF SERVICE THAT YOUR PLAYER HAS DONE, EVERYTHING NEW, PICKUP; SPINDLE; BELTS; ALIGNEMENT, EVERYTHING.... AND NBODY HAS GLUED ANYTHING, PEART THE WERE BROKEN (THAT YOU BROKE, OR THE CURIOUS PEOPLE IN YOUR COUNTRY THAT TOUCHED THE PLAYER BROKE) ARE ALL NEW.
ASK THE PIONEER GUY IN PORTUGAL???!!! PARTS WERE MISSING INSIDE. THE PLÇAYER CAME FROM MCINTOSH NEW YORK TO YOU DIRECLTY, DO YOU THINK MCINTOHS WOULD ASSEMBLE A PLAYER WITH MISSING PARTS'??!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE ALL THE PROOFS FROM MCINTOSH AND I HAD TO BUY ORTIGINAL PARTS FOR YOU PLAYER.

Sometime i don't even answer your stupid comments about me online, but it's too much, you don't have the right to do this. Ask ANYONE, ANYONE THAT BOUGHT PLAYERS FROM ME IF THE PLAYERS WERE BROKEN?!!!!!! ANYONE IN THE PLANET!

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2012, 18:14 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

Cararte - welcome back!

Now that you have decided to reply to the buyer regarding the LD player perhaps you can also explain why you have ended up getting so many negative feedbacks on LDDB.com recently?

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2012, 21:09 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

if you are an honest person, seller, whatever.
why is it taking so long for you to respond??
if you really care about your reputation then you would post the customs form that is stamped with the
date and number.

that is IF you really care.
if you don't you will post once in a blue moon and then that's that.

i have never dealt with you before but i have lost money to people.
if the buyer did rip you off, prove that the buyer is bad and post all the info to show that the buyer is bad.
IF you really care

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2012, 22:24 
rein-o wrote:
if you are an honest person, seller, whatever.
why is it taking so long for you to respond??
if you really care about your reputation then you would post the customs form that is stamped with the
date and number.

that is IF you really care.
if you don't you will post once in a blue moon and then that's that.

i have never dealt with you before but i have lost money to people.
if the buyer did rip you off, prove that the buyer is bad and post all the info to show that the buyer is bad.
IF you really care

A.....men !!!

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2012, 09:54 
Honest fan
Honest fan

cararte wrote:
Did you tell these guys the story about the player you bought?
Dod they know the truth?
That you ruined the player, i paid for everything and shipped the player back to you fully fixed? Do you think i have hte necessitiyt to steal anything from you or anybody?
Things you are saying about me are very serious and you will pay in court from every word. I never took anything from you and i always solved your problems you moron!!

It's not my fault that hte part took so long to arrive from Mcintosh.

WHY DON'T YOU TELL THIS PEOPLE THE TRUYTH YOU IDIOT?!!! THE PLAYER WAS SENT AND YOU SHOULD RECEIVE IT SHORTLY! OF COURSE IT WENT BY SURFACE, BY AIR WAS TOO EXPENSIVE BUT IT WENT INSURED. DON'T WORRY BECAUSE I DON'T WANT NOT EVEN $1 USD FROM YOU THAT IS NOT MINE!

WHEN YOU GET THE PLAYER DON'T FORGET TO TELL ALL THIS MEMBERS HERE THE KIND OF SERVICE THAT YOUR PLAYER HAS DONE, EVERYTHING NEW, PICKUP; SPINDLE; BELTS; ALIGNEMENT, EVERYTHING.... AND NBODY HAS GLUED ANYTHING, PEART THE WERE BROKEN (THAT YOU BROKE, OR THE CURIOUS PEOPLE IN YOUR COUNTRY THAT TOUCHED THE PLAYER BROKE) ARE ALL NEW.
ASK THE PIONEER GUY IN PORTUGAL???!!! PARTS WERE MISSING INSIDE. THE PLÇAYER CAME FROM MCINTOSH NEW YORK TO YOU DIRECLTY, DO YOU THINK MCINTOHS WOULD ASSEMBLE A PLAYER WITH MISSING PARTS'??!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE ALL THE PROOFS FROM MCINTOSH AND I HAD TO BUY ORTIGINAL PARTS FOR YOU PLAYER.

Sometime i don't even answer your stupid comments about me online, but it's too much, you don't have the right to do this. Ask ANYONE, ANYONE THAT BOUGHT PLAYERS FROM ME IF THE PLAYERS WERE BROKEN?!!!!!! ANYONE IN THE PLANET!

Well Ricardo, your caps lock is on....

Where is my player then. It was shipped 20 days ago according to your info. (It's only a 24 hrs drive from Portugal to the Netherlands) Still it did not arrive, nor have you been able to show me any proof of shipment, or tracking numbers.

You also lied about shipping the player back to me in January, it was still at Pioneer.

One last thing. I did not ruin the player it arrived broken. I notified you just two hours after I received it and just 2 minutes after I hooked it up when I found out it did not work.]. I was not very surprised though, since it was shipped in an unmarked box. No "This side up" of "Fragile " signs on it. I do not think it was broken when you sent it, but no wonder it got harmed during shipment in an unmarked box. For all I know, they might have shipped it upside down, or thrown it about..... And that is the sellers responsibility, so you should have just refunded me my money.... I ordered (and paid for) a 'like new' player, not a 'repaired' unit.

But lets wait and see if this player ever reaches me. Expectations are low, you have not lived up your words yet. Also still waiting for e refund of the shipping costs and all the stories I read about you on the internet do not help trusting you either. So if you did sent it, just sent: proof of the repair, proof of shipment and/or tracking numbers, to prove my expectations wrong.... Or better, sent the player itself. Or refund me my money.

Like the people above write. If you cared you would have handled this situation in a completely different way.

cararte wrote:
Ask ANYONE, ANYONE THAT BOUGHT PLAYERS FROM ME IF THE PLAYERS WERE BROKEN?!!!!!! ANYONE IN THE PLANET!

Me, me, me! I just hope for everybody else they don't get in this situation with you.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2012, 16:23 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

action speaks louder than words!!!!!!!
Just present proof of shipment that reads the date on it with tracking number or even the customs number, that's really simple.
If you don't want to be known as a con artist or a thief, then you would certainly go out of your way to provide any proof you state
to clear your name! It's that plain and simple.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2012, 17:38 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I have been asking him the same thing, but he just never lives up to his words. He never does what he says,

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2012, 23:28 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm starting to think that our friend "cararte" has some serious schizophrenic issues.

I received the following message from "josemaria":

Quote:
July 4 2012

Dear LDDB

Why my account shows "cararte", instead of josemaria? i don't understand...

Cheers
Jose Maria

Problem is that there is no way someone can impersonate another user without its encrypted password.

Additionally, the current cararte/josemaria have the same "Place of birth", same first name "Patricio" and same country.

Coincidence?

Both accounts made searches on LDDb in April from the very same IP 79.168.229.40 (Portugal Cable Modem Network)
They are both buying 9/10 and 10/10 titles exclusively.
Last access IP for both accounts were quite close a few days ago: 188.80.205.8 (PT Comunicacoes) & 188.80.198.198 (PT Comunicacoes)
A few days later: both used 79.168.229.125 (Portugal Cable Modem Network)

We had a moral agreement with Vitor/Patricio/whatever-his-real-name-is: he gets one last chance at proving he can be trusted at not creating new fake accounts, impersonating strangers and never paying for things he buys here.

If he's back to his old games, then he will be banned from LDD.com. Forever. And I mean it. :x

So, please be careful with this new weird "josemaria".

Julien

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2012, 02:43 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Na na na na hey hey hey hey good bye?

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2012, 09:56 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

I think the person formally known as 'cararte' should be allowed to change his name as many times as he likes as long as his history of unpaid transactions is permanently linked to his latest name. With that not being the case currently some sellers will be unaware of just how slippery this new 'josemaria' is until they get burned by him which is inevitable given his track record.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2012, 16:01 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Don't ban him yet. I am curious what he's got to say.

By the way Still id not get my player or a refund. So all, beware.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2012, 19:04 
True fan
True fan

reinbo wrote:
Don't ban him yet. I am curious what he's got to say.

By the way Still id not get my player or a refund. So all, beware.

Thanks for the update. I've been on pins and needles with bated breath worrying about this all month long.

Page 3 of 15 [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next