It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:46

Page 10 of 15 [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Regular non-paying buyer 'cararte'
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2013, 22:28 
Well reinbo we have him. If you go onto eBay: on the top right is contact customer support; then report member. He did the same thing to me and has been reported for it. If you report him now while the current case is against him then they can permanently suspend him. Go get him Reinbo.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2013, 22:31 
An eBay seller is not allowed to offer to sell items away from eBay. It is a serious eBay violation. He can be reported. And he is currently under report from me.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2013, 22:49 
Mv_cinema consulting is now called magic_80s on ebay

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2013, 18:58 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I filled a report/complaint. Hope it helps to shut him down.

Post subject: Re: Regular non-paying buyer 'cararte' "sticker shock"
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2013, 01:08 
I posted this on another thread and thought it would also be appropriate here in regards to this thread name.

"sticker shock" can get you when you least expect it. I had ordered a player and paid for it and postage, four days later the seller requested 128 gbpounds more postage. I should have held him to his original price and the postage was stated on his ebay site. However it was a christmas present and I did not want to argue as it may delay the present getting there on time. Suprise however when it then supposedly took another week to post, tracking number was invalid, 30 kilogram parcel untraceable. Seller said he had email with tracking number but was never able to provide it. Ebay refunded me the cost of the player but not extra postage. Then the seller said he got player back in the mail. I thought , here we go, lets see if you can prove that. The seller had caught himself out as he would have to prove he got it back in the mail. He was then unable to provide proof of this i.e packing slips, photos, whatever. He was saying the player went from portugal to australia and back to portugal again, but without a trace of it ever happening. Yes, "sticker shock" can get you when you least expect it.

Post subject: Re: Regular non-paying buyer 'cararte' oh well, the extra co
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2013, 01:13 
post script: the seller "guaranteed" me a refund. This did not occur. Oh well, live and learn. It worked out luckily for my wife anyway, I bought her three more laserdisc players and a couple hundred more laserdiscs. Christmas eve I took her out and bought her some jewellery, jewellery - the ultimate backup present

I hope this had made someone laugh

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2013, 00:00 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

estott1967 wrote:
post script: the seller "guaranteed" me a refund. This did not occur. Oh well, live and learn. It worked out luckily for my wife anyway, I bought her three more laserdisc players and a couple hundred more laserdiscs. Christmas eve I took her out and bought her some jewellery, jewellery - the ultimate backup present

I think she would prefer the jewellery to the 3 laserdisc players!! :lol:

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2013, 00:19 
laserdisc_fan wrote:
estott1967 wrote:

I think she would prefer the jewellery to the 3 laserdisc players!! :lol:

Yes. She was very happy with the end result. So funny because now she is actively engaged in watching what laserdisc players I buy.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2013, 00:21 
Probably not worrying if the same thing happens again. She will end up always winning. Ha ha.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2013, 03:00 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I just communicated with a new LD seller on eBay who was forced to limit purchases made within the same 10 days and when I asked her why she siad it was due to a buyer who bought 28 LDs from her and then jerked her around, wanting them shipped outside the U.S. ... I wrote and asked if this buyer happened to be from Portugal and she wrote "OMGm YES! How did you know?"
The Carartes identified themselves to her on eBay as Toxixgirl68. My seller reported them and was amazed that nothing had yet been done about such an unscrupulous scammer.
So evil is still out there ...

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2013, 03:12 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

him again? i think it's the same person.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2013, 11:57 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Yeeez, this guy is like a freakin' revenant. Up, up from the grave... :shock:

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2013, 17:51 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

gandjrarities wrote:
I just communicated with a new LD seller on eBay who was forced to limit purchases made within the same 10 days and when I asked her why she siad it was due to a buyer who bought 28 LDs from her and then jerked her around, wanting them shipped outside the U.S. ... I wrote and asked if this buyer happened to be from Portugal and she wrote "OMGm YES! How did you know?"
The Carartes identified themselves to her on eBay as Toxixgirl68. My seller reported them and was amazed that nothing had yet been done about such an unscrupulous scammer.

Well if Toxixgirl68 is Cararte he seems to be turning over a new leaf. 100% positive feedback on this new account:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... world=true

When you look up their contact details on Ebay it says this person is based in New Jersey in the US.
Everything they have bought seemed to be new /sealed movies - nearly all martial arts or Chuck Norris titles! :lol:

Is this really him?

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2013, 19:53 
laserdisc_fan wrote:
gandjrarities wrote:

Well if Toxixgirl68 is Cararte he seems to be turning over a new leaf. 100% positive feedback on this new account:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... world=true

When you look up their contact details on Ebay it says this person is based in New Jersey in the US.
Everything they have bought seemed to be new /sealed movies - nearly all martial arts or Chuck Norris titles! :lol:

Is this really him?

Well when he contacted me about repairing a player he said he had a "summer" place in New Jersey :think:

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2013, 10:33 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cararte decided to leave LDDb.com as he asked me to delete his account since "he doesn't have interest in laserdiscs no more".

:arrow: Deleted

Julien

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2013, 18:35 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

I imagine there will be many dry eyes about his status here at LDDB.

Still, I advise folks to be vigilant.

He may surface with another handle in similar circles and there is always ebay..........

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2013, 10:15 
Site Admin
Site Admin

admin wrote:
Cararte decided to leave LDDb.com as he asked me to delete his account since "he doesn't have interest in laserdiscs no more".

... And now he's asking me to be allowed to create a new account and start from fresh.

Sorry but he had too many chances to prove he was serious about it. And he blew them all one by one.

No.

Julien

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2013, 16:04 
admin wrote:
admin wrote:

... And now he's asking me to be allowed to create a new account and start from fresh.

Sorry but he had too many chances to prove he was serious about it. And he blew them all one by one.

No.

Julien

A co inky dink that it happens around Halloween. Be afraid, be very afraid :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2013, 22:56 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

ldservice wrote:
admin wrote:
admin wrote:

No.

Julien

A co inky dink that it happens around Halloween. Be afraid, be very afraid :shock: :shock:

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH .......... THAT IS SCARY !!!!!!! :o

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2013, 04:12 
Site Admin
Site Admin

... and he did try to create another account 'referencetheater' against my decision.

Account deleted, topic he started deleted.

Please be on the look-out for Ricardo making a come-back from the grave.

He's been permanently banned from LDDb, not keeping his last and final promise to "wait for my decision before creating a new account" and the decision was "no".

Julien

Page 10 of 15 [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next