It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:30

Page 3 of 6 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: AV Equipment Install Home D.I.Y. Projects Before and aft
PostPosted: 11 Sep 2012, 13:17 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Picture 14 is another photo of the cloakroom from a different angle.

I am looking at having made to order shelving in this room so that the space is more wisely used to the full, all of which will happen in it's own good time. . . . . .and of course when funds allow.

Attachments:
Late Monday 10th Sep 2012 -7.jpg
Late Monday 10th Sep 2012 -7.jpg [ 215.54 KiB | Viewed 4401 times ]

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2012, 13:22 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Picture 15 is a closeup of the Pioneer HLD X9 connected to the Meridian 519 demodulator which is sitting on a padded mouse mat.

This was connected up on Sunday evening around 11pm approx.

Attachments:
Late Monday 10th Sep 2012 -21.jpg
Late Monday 10th Sep 2012 -21.jpg [ 174.67 KiB | Viewed 4401 times ]

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2012, 13:24 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

[quote="benmbe"]Picture 16 is a closeup of the Lexicon MC12B and LX7 Amp after I moved this above the Amp.

Attachments:
Late Monday 10th 2012 - 22.jpg
Late Monday 10th 2012 - 22.jpg [ 140.2 KiB | Viewed 4401 times ]

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2012, 13:29 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

[quote="benmbe"][quote="benmbe"]Picture 17 is a closeup of both of my Pioneer CLD-99's one was imported from the US and the other was sold to myself by a friend who was moving to spain, I have spare spindle self adhesive rubber grips

Both of these will be placed correctly on shelves as and when I can . . . . . . .This may take a few months yet due to other matters as mentioned before.

Attachments:
Late Monday 10th Sep 2012 - 20.jpg
Late Monday 10th Sep 2012 - 20.jpg [ 134 KiB | Viewed 4401 times ]

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2012, 13:32 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Picture 18 is the most up to date photo of the living room equipment racks taken last night Monday 10th Sep at around 11pm.

As you can see things are becoming more and more tidier as time passes. . . . . . . Of which makes me happy.

Attachments:
Late Monday 10th Sep 2012 -3.jpg
Late Monday 10th Sep 2012 -3.jpg [ 181.43 KiB | Viewed 4401 times ]

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2012, 13:38 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Picture 19 is of a number of rare to semi rare titles that I have and, I have also got an order of around 24 titles currently reserved with a seller in Japan........Brand new Sixth day for £456 is one of them.

It's been a long time coming and hopefully I shall have some of these titles before the end of this year 2012.

I have a second World is not enough reserved with the OBI strip, of which for a collector I prefer to have.

Attachments:
Late Monday 10th Sep 2012 .jpg
Late Monday 10th Sep 2012 .jpg [ 249.6 KiB | Viewed 4401 times ]

Last edited by benmbe on 11 Sep 2012, 13:45, edited 2 times in total. _________________
Το ταξίδι για την αλήθεια κάθε σκάφος δεμένα, κατόπιν δεν είναι να ληφθούν, ή μάλλον βάδισαν

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2012, 13:41 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

Very nice laserdisc setup you have there benmbe. Very space efficient and well designed.
I know the feeling about waiting a long time for something and you really do appreciate it all the more.
Which is your favourite LD player in your various setups?

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2012, 13:48 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

[quote="benmbe"]Picture 19 is of a number of rare to semi rare titles that I have and, I have also got an order of around 24 titles currently reserved with a seller in Japan........Brand new Sixth day for £456 is one of them.

It's been a long time coming and hopefully I shall have some of these titles before the end of this year 2012.

I also have the Godzilla Japanese box set along with the Japanese Spawn Box Set.

Attachments:
Late Monday 10th Sep 2012 -2.jpg
Late Monday 10th Sep 2012 -2.jpg [ 215.11 KiB | Viewed 4401 times ]

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2012, 14:09 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

laserdisc_fan wrote:
Very nice laserdisc setup you have there benmbe. Very space efficient and well designed.
I know the feeling about waiting a long time for something and you really do appreciate it all the more.
Which is your favourite LD player in your various setups?

Good afternoon Laserdisc_fan,

Genuinely Good to read from you :)

You know I don't have a favorite Laserdisc Player at all really to be honest with you, as they are all a pleasure to look at and to use.
Sure there are strengths and weaknesses from one LD Player to the next but, I am so glad that I worked soo many hours to invest into the Laserdisc format when I did. . . . .I just love the format.

If I were pushed to express the best then for me it is the HLD X9, as the picture quality on a 60inch KURO is amazing.

I currently have an HLD X0 reserved with a seller in Japan, of which for me will be the end of all the Laserdisc Hardware.
As sad as it is to say this but I get a little emotional at the thought of taking delivery of the X0 when it finally happens.
The X0 is an amazing highest of the high ''In my book''. . . . . . .Its to far off at the moment thou, and cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel. . . . . . The seller has expressed that there is no rush and that he has plenty of mint condition units stored in a quality ware house that only he has access to by all accounts, units will be serviced by Pioneer before shipment.

Shipping will cost around £400 to £500 and customs charges on a approx 45+kg box will set me back approx £650. . . . .

I know this for sure as the CLD 97 cost me £332 four years ago and that's less than have the weight. . . . . SHALL NOT BE LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT ! !

I am currently being messed about with customs and the holding depot, who have my shipment of one Brand new unopened EAGLES DTS hell freezes over. one whole month now and not even a letter to tell me that it has arrived.

I shall be paying the charge today . . . . .who knows how much £26.86 paid, with delivery expected tomorrow.

enjoyed reading your reply. . . . . and know exactly what you mean.

Sincere Regards

:thumbup: :wave:

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2012, 12:13 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

rein-o wrote:
when you post in full editor you will have an option at the bottom to add
a file, which would be your picture.

there is another way but i don't know how to do it, i see that others post 2-10 pictures
along with their text but i can't figure it out.

I am glad you brought this up because, instructions could be made easier to understand and would simplify matters of posting a number of photo's in one go.

I am glad I'm not the only one :)

Thank you :thumbup: :wave:

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2012, 12:17 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

rein-o wrote:
when you post in full editor you will have an option at the bottom to add
a file, which would be your picture.

there is another way but i don't know how to do it, i see that others post 2-10 pictures
along with their text but i can't figure it out.

Not sure how others are adding pics, but the method I have used to date is upload the pics to photobucket and make them public.
Then hover over and copy the little IM reference and then just paste that into the text here as a reference.
When the text is submitted and previewed the picture as stored on photobucket is visible here. Hope that helps as I wasn't entirely sure myself how to do this!

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2012, 12:22 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Good afternoon laserdisc_fan,

Thank you for providing the information very kind of you.

I had to reduce all of the photo's posted through photo shop, of which took hours but, at least I will know this for next time.

I hope that you are well.

:D

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2012, 12:24 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

Just one minor correction to my post about including pics....copy the IMG reference - short for image reference.
I wonder how others are doing it.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2012, 12:35 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

laserdisc_fan wrote:
Just one minor correction to my post about including pics....copy the IMG reference - short for image reference.
I wonder how others are doing it.

I guess it will have to be trial and error when I do this again.. . . . .This is new to me ''Posting pictures that is''

Thank you anyway

Regards

:thumbup:

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2012, 17:46 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

the way you are doing it is the way that i've done it.
but i have seen others listing all pictures in one post, but again i don't know how its done.
like all the gear, very organized.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2012, 09:51 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Good day rein-o,

Thank you for your comments sir'

I still have a way to go in tidying things up here and there but, the main thing is that it's gradually getting done.

About 2 1/2 months ago when I began to take things out of there boxes after many years, I was pleasantly shocked to finally see each item.. . . . .I fealt like a child with a new toy opening each box.

The Lex equipment was kept with the retailer whilst I paid for it over 4 yrs, and then after which I had to pay £2.700 for the full upgrades.

When I actually got this equipment home it was kept in boxes for another approx 2 years, until I could afford the equipment Support racks to place it all on, and the racks took around 14months to pay off before I could have it all in place.

I am now focusing on getting the CLD 97 modified for the AC-3 RF- out and that will be a good day when I will finally have no more boxes lying around after 14 1/2 years.

No doubt you have had your own unique experiences of which I respect. . . . Trust me on this as I truly know the effort along the way.

Thank you again

Regards

:wave: :thumbup:

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2012, 16:58 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

I'm Not Worthy! :( :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Damn! You finally got the pictures up and I'm pleased you got it up and running or still in the process of finishing off the small details.

I like the rack casing for the Laserdiscs. How many STAR WARS box-sets! :shock: Can you let me on why? Is it one box-set got missing scene on Empire and you got a replacement or are they all in good shape and you have back-up box-set.

The two matching Pioneer LD one on the other is that so you can load disc 2 side 3/4 and have a lesser interruption break when disc 1 side 1/2 has finished are they automated or is it manual play when side 2 finishes on disc 1 side1/2??

I like the flooring in the hallway I take it, its a hallway where the Laserdics are.

Looks like I'm owned. :lol:

I better buck up diy and get my living room sorted but its funding and then seeing an item on eBay that distracts me away from my goal.

Well done anyway benmbe :thumbup: :clap:

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2012, 19:37 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Good evening laserbite34,

Yes I finally got round to it and then had the further difficulty in posting the photo's as the pixel count had to be cut by more than a third.

The Star Wars Box sets are both complete (it's good to have a backup) A friend moved to Spain and sold a job lot to me with a Player.

I shall finish this message off om Monday as A friend is waiting in his car to go shopping.

x-files DTS I am still winning the bidding (it will be yours by the way as you deserve it friend)

Take care and shall correspond soon.

Regards

:wave: :thumbup:

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2012, 19:48 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

:oops: If I know what you mean I've noticed that as well but I'm skint for bidding on it. I'm humbly chuffed if you got that as cheap as possible. :)

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2012, 17:15 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

benmbe wrote:
Picture 19 is of a number of rare to semi rare titles that I have.

I purchased the X-Men Laserdisc's around 2006, and it was a good thing to as the prices are now more than treble what I paid.

Attachments:
Saturday evening eagles 162.jpg
Saturday evening eagles 162.jpg [ 224.84 KiB | Viewed 4351 times ]

Page 3 of 6 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next