It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:36

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Universal Pioneer, Pioneer Artists or Pioneer LDC early lds
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2014, 01:17 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

According to the commentary on the Pioneer (GB) corporate video 1993 [11-323] , Pioneer LDCE was formed in 1991.

Early 1981 - 1982 Pioneer releases with a blue top on a white back ground eg Laserdisc: What it is, How it works (1980) [USP-001] seem to be from Pioneer Artists, Pioneer Imports, Pioneer LDC, or perhaps, just Pioneer. Does a publisher need to be added.. simply Pioneer. Would Pioneer Electronics Corp be inputted as Pioneer LDC? Was Pioneer LDC a name Pioneer used in 1981?

Also, my UPC test disc from about 1981 UPC Test Disc B1 [GGV-091] contains footage of the disc pressing facility in Kofu, in which a machine has a sign saying Universal Pioneer. The disc itself has a Universal Pioneer label. Does this also need adding as a publisher?? I have submitted pictures of both and the insert sheet from the UPC disc.

Post subject: Re: Universal Pioneer, Pioneer Artists or Pioneer LDC early
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2014, 13:57 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

joe wrote:
According to the commentary on the Pioneer (GB) corporate video 1993 [11-323] , Pioneer LDCE was formed in 1991.

Early 1981 - 1982 Pioneer releases with a blue top on a white back ground eg Laserdisc: What it is, How it works (1980) [USP-001] seem to be from Pioneer Artists, Pioneer Imports, Pioneer LDC, or perhaps, just Pioneer. Does a publisher need to be added.. simply Pioneer. Would Pioneer Electronics Corp be inputted as Pioneer LDC? Was Pioneer LDC a name Pioneer used in 1981?

Also, my UPC test disc from about 1981 UPC Test Disc B1 [GGV-091] contains footage of the disc pressing facility in Kofu, in which a machine has a sign saying Universal Pioneer. The disc itself has a Universal Pioneer label. Does this also need adding as a publisher?? I have submitted pictures of both and the insert sheet from the UPC disc.

Universal Pioneer was a 1977 50/50 joint venture between Pioneer Electronics and MCA Universal. it was originally formed only to make players for MCA but moved to disc manufacture in Kofu, Japan in 1980 and really improved the quality of disc pressings for the time. Pioneer Video came next and then Pioneer LDCA in about 1984/5.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]