It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:15

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Close Encounters of the Third Kind:Criterion Special Edi
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 20:01 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

rein-o wrote:
problem is that if you want to get to the second disc you have to open the entire sleeve every time.
regular double gatefold you don't have to open it every time, wish they came up with a better way for 3 discs, oh wait they did make boxes :LOL:

Since I store all my jackets in sleeves anyway, I actually butchered my jacket copy so that the third disc is actually separate, but still sits inside the fold created by the other two discs. This creates individual openings for all three discs without having to remove the jacket from the sleeve.

Not something I really recommend, and I bought an extra "tri-fold jacket" copy to have one "in tact".

Only 3 of the sides were affected by the "chapter stop" issue. If you have sides marked 51-330A1, B1 & C1, that is the original pressing. 51-330A2, 51-330B2 & 51-330C2 are the "corrected" sides. The reports the chapters are "still" incorrect are not true. Not all of the footage added to the discs was part of the "Special Edition". The further report that this is the first release of the "theatrical" version to home video is also incorrect. While this edition is based on the original theatrical release, there are two short segments that were cut back into the film for the SE that Spielberg wanted to leave in. IIRC, the shot of Roy driving the truck and then perhaps something near the end with a helicopter shot. I could be mis-remembering.

Post subject: Re: Close Encounters of the Third Kind:Criterion Special Edi
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2016, 00:28 
True fan
True fan

Correct. Afaik it's only the shot of Roy driving. Also, the CLV budget issue I have is completely SE free other than that shot.

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2