It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 01:22

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Voyager PDO UK Pressings?
PostPosted: 18 May 2013, 16:01 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

I just got an copy of Voyager's To New Horizons: Ephemeral films 1931-1945 and while it was issued almost simultaneously with its companion disc You Can't Get There From Here, its a Philips PDO UK pressing and unlike its sequel disc, is analog only with no CX encoding - it also has the typical bronzing "tea stained" marks around the outer edges on both sides. Surprisingly, it plays perfectly in my Runco and MSB LS-1 AC-3 Prototype player - there is no rot or snits in the picture during playback, even at the outer edges. The sequel disc is Pioneer US, with digital sound.

Anyway, I'm wondering, does anybody else have this PDO version of this disc? The LDDB entry lists it as Pioneer US pressed with digital sound. I've never seen a Voyager/Criterion disc made by PDO before. So I wonder how common my PDO pressing is and if Voyager released it before the Pioneer pressing or vise-versa?

Also, the disc has no visible mint markings anywhere - it's just a PDO 2P made pressing and with misaligned labels on either side. The jacket has a different address for Voyager but lists it as the first issue but with no manufacturer or country it was made in.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]