It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 23:22




 Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Info on “Picnic at Hanging Rock”?
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2011, 06:05 
Serious fan
Serious fan
User avatar

Joined: 18 Sep 2011, 16:22
Posts: 140
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Can anyone tell me what supplemental material is on the “Picnic at Hanging Rock” Criterion LD and if all or part of it was ported over to the Criterion DVD?
Thanks in advance!
Brian
_________________
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Info on “Picnic at Hanging Rock”?
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2012, 14:02 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2007, 00:05
Posts: 60
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
No commentary. Just the theatrical trailer.
Not sure what the DVD has.
_________________
Pioneer CLD-97 w/AC3 Mod
Pioneer CLD-704
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Info on “Picnic at Hanging Rock”?
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012, 00:29 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post
User avatar

Joined: 25 Dec 2007, 08:31
Posts: 8
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
brenner wrote:
No commentary. Just the theatrical trailer.
Not sure what the DVD has.


DVD is the same. Just the theatrical trailer.

•The long awaited director’s cut, with a new widescreen transfer and a new 5.1 surround mix
•The original theatrical trailer
•Liner notes by Vincent Canby
•Subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Info on “Picnic at Hanging Rock”?
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2012, 20:19 
Serious fan
Serious fan
User avatar

Joined: 18 Sep 2011, 16:22
Posts: 140
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Thanks for the info!
_________________
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Info on “Picnic at Hanging Rock”?
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2013, 05:40 
True fan
True fan
User avatar

Joined: 07 Jan 2005, 00:46
Posts: 317
Location: San Diego, CA United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
If you can do multi region DVD, this is the version to get.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Picnic-At-Hangi ... 0017WVSS8/

It is a fantastic set.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Info on “Picnic at Hanging Rock”?
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2014, 17:33 
Serious fan
Serious fan
User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2007, 17:00
Posts: 180
Location: United Kingdom
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
The Criterion Collection will be releasing a bumper dual format DVD/BD on 17/6/2014 with these extras:

DIRECTOR-APPROVED EDITION:
Remastered high-definition digital film transfer, supervised by director Peter Weir, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
Extended interview with Weir
New piece on the making of the film, featuring interviews from 2003 with executive producer Patricia Lovell, producers Hal McElroy and Jim McElroy, and cast members
New introduction by film scholar David Thomson, author of The New Biographical Dictionary of Film
A Recollection . . . Hanging Rock 1900 (1975), an on-set documentary hosted by Lovell and featuring interviews with Weir, actor Rachel Roberts, and source novel author Joan Lindsay
Homesdale (1971), an award-winning black comedy by Weir
Trailer
PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by author Megan Abbott and an excerpt from film scholar Marek Haltof’s 1996 book Peter Weir: When Cultures Collide (dual-format only); a new paperback edition of Lindsay’s novel, previously out of print in the U.S. (dual-format only)
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Info on “Picnic at Hanging Rock”?
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2014, 22:29 
Serious fan
Serious fan
User avatar

Joined: 18 Sep 2011, 16:22
Posts: 140
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
nextwednesday wrote:
The Criterion Collection will be releasing a bumper dual format DVD/BD on 17/6/2014 with these extras:

DIRECTOR-APPROVED EDITION:
Remastered high-definition digital film transfer, supervised by director Peter Weir, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
Extended interview with Weir
New piece on the making of the film, featuring interviews from 2003 with executive producer Patricia Lovell, producers Hal McElroy and Jim McElroy, and cast members
New introduction by film scholar David Thomson, author of The New Biographical Dictionary of Film
A Recollection . . . Hanging Rock 1900 (1975), an on-set documentary hosted by Lovell and featuring interviews with Weir, actor Rachel Roberts, and source novel author Joan Lindsay
Homesdale (1971), an award-winning black comedy by Weir
Trailer
PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by author Megan Abbott and an excerpt from film scholar Marek Haltof’s 1996 book Peter Weir: When Cultures Collide (dual-format only); a new paperback edition of Lindsay’s novel, previously out of print in the U.S. (dual-format only)


On the way...
_________________
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Info on “Picnic at Hanging Rock”?
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2014, 22:32 
Serious fan
Serious fan
User avatar

Joined: 18 Sep 2011, 16:22
Posts: 140
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
chente wrote:
If you can do multi region DVD, this is the version to get.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Picnic-At-Hangi ... 0017WVSS8/

It is a fantastic set.


Got it!

I am close to owning every damn release of this film :roll:
_________________
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: