It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:01

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Want to buy Hi-Vision/Muse Laserdiscs
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2015, 23:43 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

I am looking for these below titles. If you have any one or more of these, please contact me. I am interested in only complete copies with Obi strip/sticker included.

Back to the Future (1985) [PA-HD80196]
Back to the Future Part II (1989) [PA-HD80914]
Back to the Future Part III (1990) [PA-HD80976]

Backdraft (1991) [PA-HD81078]
Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992) [HVMC-14590]
Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) [PA-HD76505]
Death Becomes Her (1992) [PA-HD81279]
DeJohnette/Hancock/Holland/Metheny: In Concert (1990) [ALD-3904]
Far and Away (1992) [PA-HD81287]
Few Good Men, A (1992) [HVMC-14593]
In the Line of Fire (1993) [HVMC-19668]
Jumanji (1995) [PILH-1009]
Keith Jarrett Trio: Live at Open Theater East (1993) [VALJ-3901~2]
Ordinary Europe (1993) [HE-200]
Out of Africa (1985) [PA-HD80350]
River Runs Through It, A (1992) [PILH-1006]
Romantic Greece (1994) [COLE-50001]
Showgirls (1995) [PILH-7003]
Silence of the Lambs, The (1991) [HVMC-12819]
Sleepless in Seattle (1993) [HVMC-19799]
Top Gun (1986) [PA-HD71692]
Twins (1988) [PA-HD80873]
Wagner: Tristan und Isolde: Deutsche Oper Berlin: Jiri Kout (1993) [PILH-3001]
Wolf (1994) [HVMC-18647]

Post subject: Re: Want to buy Hi-Vision/Muse Laserdiscs
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 12:07 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Good day substance,

If I have the funds I would want around 95% of the titles your requesting

MUSE is a particular side of the Laserdisc that I would like to venture into as I have the hardware for it.

Unfortunately I have a number of other LASERDISC'S titles, other items & cables to purchase before ever considering to go to this next level.

My interest in MUSE is because this was Pioneer pushing the format to the next level, and making the best that I can be quality.

If Pioneer had the continued support at the time, it had been preparing for the next level of which I remember reading about and that is as follows;

Pioneer were designing poly-carbonate MUSE HI-DEF one sided discs and new hardware, but alas the compromised DVD format and market forces stopped all that among other things.

Never mind eh :cry:

I hope you get the titles Friend

Kindest Regards

:wave: :thumbup:

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 15:33 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

Thank you friend. Some of the titles on Muse keep re-appearing but they are always the same ones. A few of the listed ones showed up in the past but they are missing obi stickers. Some of these titles are on top of my wish list which I will pay really large amount of money but others I can wait a few years until I find them for typical market values.

I understand you, it is difficult to collect various things while building the setup. I am in hiatus for buying things for my home theater and will be that way until late next year. I figured this is the time to bulk up on collecting discs.

Good luck with your purchases, let me know if you need anything from the US, I will help you get it.

Kind regards

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 19:05 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Good evening Substance,

Substances words;
Thank you friend.

Benmbe reply;
You are welcome sir

Substances words;
Some of the titles on Muse keep re-appearing but they are always the same ones. A few of the listed ones showed up in the past but they are missing obi stickers. Some of these titles are on top of my wish list which I will pay really large amount of money but others I can wait a few years until I find them for typical market values.

Benmbe reply;
Yes i have also noticed by and large the same MUSE titles come up for sales on the bay and some obscure other auction locations and the asking price is high, but not always

Substances words;
I understand you, it is difficult to collect various things while building the setup. I am in hiatus for buying things for my home theater and will be that way until late next year. I figured this is the time to bulk up on collecting discs.

Benmbe reply;
Thank you for your understanding Friend
I have fond memories of each purchase that I have made over the years, for each item has its own unique story, that could only be truly appreciated with a patient mind.
Yes times have been difficult in acquiring all that I have, but I wouldn't have this any other way, for by extension oneself truly appreciates all matters and others during this journey.

Substances words;
Good luck with your purchases, let me know if you need anything from the US, I will help you get it.

Benmbe reply;
Thank you Friend....... I really appreciate the offer.
There is only one particular item that has eluded my hands over the years and that is the following DTS title: DARK CITY US only version.

I have this in DOLBY DIGITAL Japanese version
I would only purchase this title if in immaculate condition thou ''discs and cover.''

The highest I have seen this on auction for, has been between $100 to $140......... I shall have this one day.

I import around 80% of all Blu-Rays from the US, as the quality of the packaging, artwork and the transfer is a clear notch up in quality, I have always noticed the difference and so appreciate each purchased title.

My next purchase will be ''AVENGERS AGE OF ULTRON 3D+ REGULAR BLU-RAY AND HD COLLECTORS'' / THE HOBBIT FIVE ARMIES EXTENDED 20+ MINS FOOTAGE 3D+ REGULAR BLU-RAY VERSION COLLECTORS 5 DISK SET other Blu-ray purchases to follow.

The average cost for each US imported Blu-Ray ranges from $20 to $50, and of course the exchange rate difference to UK Sterling reduces this by quite a healthy margin.......... hey that's what I am happy to pay for such movie kicks.

Substance you take good care over there Friend, as I am watching the US and World real news through alternative media channels with interest.......... things are not what they seem.

We must all stick together.......... do you here me Friend

Kindest regards to all

:thumbup: :D :wave:

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 19:25 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

I don't have the Dark City DTS but I think I have the AC-3 somewhere. I don't care for it that much, if I find it I will give it to you.

I have eased up on blu-ray purchases which allows me to allocate funds to Hi-Vision/D-Theater and such. I know 4K UHD discs will be released this holiday season in a couple of months, I don't want quadruple dip on a lot of the titles I already have tripled dipped so far. Of course there are some titles I can't wait.

I am happy I was an early adopter of Blu-ray (late 2006), I have enjoyed it for almost a decade now. I understand some of the late adopters feel bad as they have just jumped onto Blu-rays, they are obsolete now. Early adoption also allowed me to buy titles later to be out of print and exteremly expensive, a lesson learned from Laserdiscs. Hey, early adopters like us who make it possible for new tech to stick around. If everybody waits for prices to come down and not buy any new discs, then that tech will disappear like d-theater tapes.

Let me know if you need proxy for any of the US titles. I know some sellers won't ship overseas.

Take care

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2015, 05:50 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Greetings again Substance

Substances words;
I don't have the Dark City DTS but I think I have the AC-3 somewhere. I don't care for it that much, if I find it I will give it to you.

Benmbes reply;
Thank you friend that's very kind of you, but know that I would never anything for granted, and so would want to pay.

Substances words;
I have eased up on blu-ray purchases which allows me to allocate funds to Hi-Vision/D-Theater and such. I know 4K UHD discs will be released this holiday season in a couple of months, I don't want quadruple dip on a lot of the titles I already have tripled dipped so far. Of course there are some titles I can't wait.

Benmbes reply;
I myself do not purchase that many Blu-ray titles each year, I was also a fairly early adopter of HD DVD and Blu-ray and am glad that I did so however, some of my Warner HD DVD titles such as the Matrix box have rotted in places, and so shall replace with Blu-ray equivalent at some stage

The rest of my collection is fine so far

Substances words;
I am happy I was an early adopter of Blu-ray (late 2006), I have enjoyed it for almost a decade now. I understand some of the late adopters feel bad as they have just jumped onto Blu-rays, they are obsolete now. Early adoption also allowed me to buy titles later to be out of print and exteremly expensive, a lesson learned from Laserdiscs. Hey, early adopters like us who make it possible for new tech to stick around. If everybody waits for prices to come down and not buy any new discs, then that tech will disappear like d-theater tapes.

Benmbes reply;
I agree with your above statement / comments
I myself was late purchaser of the Laserdisc format that being: The end of March 1998, worked the many many hours to achieve each purchased item of hardware and movie titles at times more than 84hrs per week.
I was able to purchase 98% of the titles that I wanted, and am in the process of getting the majority of the outstanding Laserdisc titles that I want from Japan in brand new unopened and also opened but new state condition.

The above last main order consists of around 28 titles, of which should be received by December this year, and after nearly 9 years in waiting I shall be glad of this final achievement.

The above has already been mentioned on previous posts on this forum suffice to say that it has been quite a journey all round for myself personally.

Substances words
Let me know if you need proxy for any of the US titles. I know some sellers won't ship overseas.

Benmbes reply
I order all of my Blu-ray title from AMAZON USA and I am happy with the service received...... no complaints just a couple of cases slightly damaged, now rectified by my purchasing of replacement plastic cases of the bay.
Thank you for your offer thou.

Keep us posted with your updates on the MUSE purchases

Kindest regards

:thumbup: :wave:

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2015, 19:32 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Also looking for MUSE discs, but I'm not picky about condition, just as long as the disc(s) work :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]