It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:27

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hi-Vision discs on YA
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2015, 23:01 
Honest fan
Honest fan

A seller just put up a few Hi-Vision discs up for sale. Thought a few of you would appreicate it. http://buyee.jp/item/search?seller=himawarihimawari64&category=22020

The discs:
  • Terminator 2
  • Back to the Future
  • A Few Good Men
  • Universal Solider
  • Close Encounters of the Third Kind
  • Lawrence of Arabia
  • Atlantis

Post subject: Re: Hi-Vision discs on YA
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2015, 01:28 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

They are also on ebay from the same seller. I check the auctions everyday. Unfortunately no obi=no buy!

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2015, 02:02 
Serious fan
Serious fan

It is also with Yahoo Japan that sellers easily just pull auctions. Either they are not satisfied with the end bid, or don't want to sell to proxies, or have the item in another shop, or a physical shop and when sold there, they pull the auction at Yahoo, or leave it for centuries and when someone bids, realize, it isn't there anymore and also pull the auction. The only comforting thing is you haven't paid yet, so no trouble. Buyee reserves some money, but then you get that back if not won.

substance wrote:
They are also on ebay from the same seller. I check the auctions everyday. Unfortunately no obi=no buy!

If one auction stays at 6000 yen, under 100 bucks, then i am the last to let that deal go.
Most of these discs go in the hundreds.
I would like to go for Atlantis, i like nature, just for the have of it, as i don't have a player to play it (yet).
Nice thing sometimes you can get good deals. After all, i bought a few vsd's there that would have cost me a few 100 bucks if bought from ebay, or even higher from some member here ;) .
And the cdv player i got also for a few bucks, (ok having to pay 100 bucks for shipment and another for a transformer added to the overall cost.
HLD would cost me an extra fortune for the muse decoder and the monstrous shipment and customs costs).

Thanks for the mentioning of the discs; would still be very nice to have one :thumbup: .
(No, now everybody going to bid sky high on all of the titles, mwah, we"ll see).

Last edited by svwees on 24 Sep 2015, 02:16, edited 1 time in total. _________________
My Laserdiscs
Philips CDV 185, Pioneer D925/D515/PD 707V, Sony CDP 301V, Yamaha CDV S100/CDV M777

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2015, 02:03 
Honest fan
Honest fan

IIRC, the obi on most Hi-Vision releases (I think Jumanji was the exception) were stickers. Also, didn't know they're were also on ebay. Looks like they're from a seller in Portugal though. Minus T2, all his listings have their obi included.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/magic_80s/m.htm ... 7675.l2562

As for bidding sky high on them, I doubt it. I mean, the market for Muse discs are pretty low, since you need a decoder + an expensive player to even watch them. I would bid on these, but they're too high for my tastes plus the previous statement.

Last edited by virtualvcr on 24 Sep 2015, 02:49, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2015, 02:23 
Serious fan
Serious fan

virtualvcr wrote:
IIRC, the obi on most Hi-Vision releases (I think Jumanji was the exception) were stickers. Also, didn't know they're were also on ebay. Looks like they're from a seller in Portugal though. Minus T2, all his listings have their obi included.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/magic_80s/m.htm ... 7675.l2562

As for bidding sky high on them, I doubt it. I mean, the market for Muse discs are pretty low, since you need a decoder + an expensive player to even watch them. I would bid on these, but they're too high for my tastes plus the previous statement.

O nooo :wtf: Magic 80's was that scammer, wasn't he?
Don't bid on his stuff.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2015, 02:42 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

I already own these titles except " a few good men " but again it doesn't have obi so I won't buy it even for $20.

Already skipped on carartes auctions for years. He has been trying to sell those for months now. Just can't trust the guy.

Yes, most of them have the sticker obi on the clear sleeve and usually thrown away that makes them very rare. All my 21 copies of muse titles are complete with clear sleeve and sticker obi, having one incomplete will cause me an ocd heart attack.

As I said I am not bidding(honest). I check various websites and auctions on a daily for muse titles. money no issue, its just matter of finding them complete and mint. See my signature, if you have any muse discs in mint/complete, I will pay good money.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2015, 06:00 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I saw these just this morning as well, frankly I was hoping too much attention wouldn't be drawn as I could do without the competition too!!! :D

Though I'm sure like Substance anyone with the interest here would check quite frequently anyway. I'm grateful at least for his obi ocd so I might have a chance with some of these!!

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2015, 06:12 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

Man, If you see a title like back to the future 3 with obi, make sure you have a couple grand ready to outbid me:)

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2015, 08:51 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

In that circumstance I concede defeat before we even start!

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2015, 16:41 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

substance wrote:
Man, If you see a title like back to the future 3 with obi, make sure you have a couple grand ready to outbid me:)

What this one?

That's one of the few MUSE titles I own complete with the obligatory sticker OBI!

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2015, 19:18 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

Yes, sir! Please contact me via pm, if you are interested in selling it.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2015, 22:19 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Huh. I don't really care about the "obi" -- it's nice to have, but I am comfortable without it. On the other hand, the movie discs are of small interest to me.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2015, 08:29 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

publius wrote:
Huh. I don't really care about the "obi" -- it's nice to have, but I am comfortable without it. On the other hand, the movie discs are of small interest to me.

I entirely concur with your statement. I do not care about the obi or the condition of the disc. My MUSE disc of Okinawa has some severe
scratches but it still plays very nicely. And I do not care about the movie discs, either. They are of very small interest to me, too.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2015, 11:57 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I got a Hi-Vision disc for free that way. The disc had some scratches, and the seller wasn't comfortable selling it. Many people are just too picky with the condition. Good for me that can live with missing obi and some scuffs. :)

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2015, 19:41 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

samaron wrote:
I got a Hi-Vision disc for free that way. The disc had some scratches, and the seller wasn't comfortable selling it. Many people are just too picky with the condition. Good for me that can live with missing obi and some scuffs. :)

If the cover and disc are clean and in excellent or better condition then it would not bother me at all if the OBI is missing. I would of course pay less for the item but I'm still interested in MUSE titles without the OBI if they are priced accordingly. Of course first preference is always to get the item complete but I will settle for less as long as it is still in nice condition.

Scruffy sleeves and scratched discs is a whole different ballgame.........generally I have no interest in worn out items that have obviously been neglected, especially high end items unless they are virtually free. Interestingly the only MUSE title on yahoo that DIDN'T sell first time was the one with the scruffy sleeve....I wonder why! The market for junk like that is really small.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2015, 12:15 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

The cover it self is in good condition. It seems it is one of the titles where the obi was a round sticker. Mine doesn't have the shrink plastic anymore, so naturally the sticker also is gone. The scratches didn't affect playback at all, nothing deep. The title isn't anything spectacular, it is: Romantic Greece (1994) [COLE-50001]. A little bit fun for me, as I wisited Greece (Rhodes) this summer. :)

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2015, 15:58 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

Somebody wanted Dracula with obi bad. There was one without obi which sold for 5500yen. A day later obe with obi went for 35500yen. I bid upto 35000 then gave up so I don't know how much more the other guy would continue.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2015, 16:41 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Saw this too, lesson learnt, so many titles up at once that I only concentrated on the few most wanted and then seems I missed out on some bargains :-(

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2015, 16:56 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Thus I missed out on the non-obi and had pretty much given up on the with-obi from the start.

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ]