It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:07

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Use HDFury to convert 1080i HDMI to analog 1250i/50hz HD-MAC
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2015, 19:24 
Hello, this posting is somehow Laserdisc related. Does anyone remember the European HD-MAC format ?
This was the European counterpart of the Japanese Muse HDTV format. There are early nineties projectors and CRT televisions that come with a golden scart plug that takes the analog 1250i HD-MAC signal in 50Hz.
Basically the scart connector has rgbhv signals.

People who are interested in Laserdisc, probably have experience with modern HDMI HDTV signals (Bluray), projectors and so on.
Or the analog Muse HDTV signals... And also the HDFury hardware box that converts digital HD into analog HD component
signals... So maybe there is a chance someone out here can help me with the following...

Would it be possible to use the HD Fury to convert a HDMi 50hz (euro) or 60hz (us) 1080i signal in a compatible analog HD-MAC signal ? Would 1080i work, or does it have to be identical 1250i ? Can you configure or alter the HD fury settings to generate the compatible signal ? Maybe someone has the signal specs (pulse width, front porch, back porch) and we can configure HD Fury accordingly, like you could do in Powerstrip on the PC. Your help is greatly appreciated. Regards, Christian

Post subject: Re: Use HDFury to convert 1080i HDMI to analog 1250i/50hz HD
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2015, 21:42 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I have the specifications for the Eureka-95 1250/25/2:1 format (which is not the compressed HD-MAC format, but would be the output from a HD-MAC decoder, or input to a HD-MAC encoder) here, but I don't know what benefit it would have for you. There was a "Common Image Format" proposal to put the 1080-visible-lines image of the 1125-line system into 1250 lines for compatibility pruposes. My guess, though, is that any still-working video equipment (and there can't be much of it) designed to accept Eureka-95 RGBHV would accept "1080i50" (1125/25/2:1) RGBHV just as well.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2015, 06:34 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

It would probably be easier to use powerstrip or somesuch first, then look for a reprogrammable HDFury(-like) device...

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2016, 21:21 
Third post and above
Third post and above

That Project was very Expensive !
Philips made VHS Recorder and there was also LD Recorder ( Blanks was !!!! High ).

They use that system in Barcelona Olympics 1992 ( How many has that set ...) Hole Set pay maybe as much as two house..
Blank Discs was 3000 $ per peace.
Why they stop that Project ? Only God knows , or Banks...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD-MAC

That HD-MAC Video recorder was promote some Magazine and there was all that Recorder with all functions.
I dont remember how many countries was paying that, but was shame that disappeared.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2024, 17:21 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

publius wrote:
I have the specifications for the Eureka-95 1250/25/2:1 format (which is not the compressed HD-MAC format, but would be the output from a HD-MAC decoder, or input to a HD-MAC encoder) here, but I don't know what benefit it would have for you. There was a "Common Image Format" proposal to put the 1080-visible-lines image of the 1125-line system into 1250 lines for compatibility pruposes. My guess, though, is that any still-working video equipment (and there can't be much of it) designed to accept Eureka-95 RGBHV would accept "1080i50" (1125/25/2:1) RGBHV just as well.

Hello. What is the difference between Eureka 95 and HD-MAC?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]