It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:01

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: VHD Reference in Recent Anime
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 18:51 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

Found this clip a while back, thought it might be amusing to the rest of us (it was to me even though I don't own a lick of VHD hardware/software):

"VHD" from Bamboo Blade

Post subject: Re: VHD Reference in Recent Anime
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 20:06 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

that was nice I might have to start watching that:)

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 21:34 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Huh. That reminds me of a scene from Moldiver, one of the anime series from the early 1990s which was bankrolled by Pioneer. At the time, of course, it was topical, because LD (with Pioneer as its strongest backer) had just finally beaten out VHD in the marketplace.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 22:49 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

And Bamboo Blade is a really nice series to watch even!
Another recent anime series (2007) mentioned VHD in one short scene, "Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei".
The anime is about a guy that basically regrets everything he has done in life, one thing he regrets is that he
"bought the thing that was not a LaserDisc" i.e. he bought VHD instead.

It mentioned LD at another point too, I have screenshots of the scenes with translation even...
http://www.pustan.com/test/szs_alt_1.png
http://www.pustan.com/test/szs_ep9.jpg

Enjoy, and maybe have a look for that series, it's really worth it!

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 03:25 
True fan
True fan

elahrairrah wrote:
Found this clip a while back, thought it might be amusing to the rest of us (it was to me even though I don't own a lick of VHD hardware/software):

"VHD" from Bamboo Blade

Thanks for posting the link! I enjoyed it. Funny ending too. lol!

STAY AWESOME! :)

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2014, 05:52 
True fan
True fan

xtempo wrote:

I notice that you have two copies of Blade Runner on CED. You might be interested to Know that it was released on VHD. :)

It was probably released on Video 2000 as well. I'm keeping an eye open for you. ;) Some sources are wrong about how long the format lasted. Some sources say it died in 1985, some say 1986. I just received a Video 2000 release from Germany of an American movie released theatrically in 1987!!! A late, late release I guess. Anyway, it launched in 1980 so Blade Runner had to have been released somewhere for V2000.

Mark

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2014, 06:05 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

doesn't fit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2014, 06:45 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

cessnaace wrote:
xtempo wrote:

I notice that you have two copies of Blade Runner on CED. You might be interested to Know that it was released on VHD. :)

It was probably released on Video 2000 as well. I'm keeping an eye open for you. ;) Some sources are wrong about how long the format lasted. Some sources say it died in 1985, some say 1986. I just received a Video 2000 release from Germany of an American movie released theatrically in 1987!!! A late, late release I guess. Anyway, it launched in 1980 so Blade Runner had to have been released somewhere for V2000.

Mark

I do have it on VHD thanks to bullruckle who found it after I asked if he ever saw one in the shops in Japan. If it is on the format I hope its not rare like the Video 8 release is.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2014, 07:21 
True fan
True fan

xtempo wrote:
cessnaace wrote:
xtempo wrote:

Mark

I do have it on VHD thanks to bullruckle who found it after I asked if he ever saw one in the shops in Japan. If it is on the format I hope its not rare like the Video 8 release is.

I didn't see that in your collection the last time that I looked thru it. I like going through other people's collections. It gives me ideas. :)

Julien knows, as well as others here I'm sure, that I'm interested in any and all ABBA releases. I even have a DiscoVision ABBA release - a collection of their music videos. It's mint! I don't have any Suzie Quatro yet, but I'm looking. I even named one of our cats Suzie Q, which was the title of one of her albums. I have most of her LPs and CDs. Yes, I admit it. I have OCD! LOL!

Back to Blade Runner. There was a company in the U.K. making and selling Super 8 (film) sound prints, one of them being Alien. So, you never know. I threw out my Super 8 Sound Projector when it died. I still have a working Silent 8mm/Super 8 Projector, and two working 16mm Sound Projectors. Maybe someday I'll run across a TV print on 16mm (I have over 200 cartoons on 16mm, but I have given away the other 400 that I had - mostly Tom & Jerry).

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]