It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 20:59

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Here to hang brain with you guys - Newer LD fan
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2014, 11:14 
Hey everyone, just wanted to drop in and say hello.

First of all, I was very pleasantly surprised to find this site and forums, nods to everyone keeping this alive.

LD started strictly as a curiosity for me about 6 years ago, I found a few for a $1 a piece and I thought they'd look cool on the wall with the LP sized art. I had planned on buying a player at some point, they were in abundance for extremely cheap prices locally, but just never got around to it. Well, recently I acquired an old Pioneer unit that came out of a school with some movies and now I'm totally hooked. I don't know what it is about these discs, but I haven't felt this enthusiastic about movies since I was a kid with VHS tapes. I'm enjoying stuff that I'm positive I wouldn't bother with on newer formats or streaming. I'm finding myself drifting off at work and hunting for a A-B side player for a bargain.

At any rate, I'm very heavy into the general Laserdisc research phase. I'm fascinated by the format, and I hope to get to know this place and other people enthusiastic about LD.

*Ok, I've been a member here for a couple hours now and I'm already convinced I need to go dig out my VHS tapes and I'm interested in VHD - what in the world?

Post subject: Re: Here to hang brain with you guys - Newer LD fan
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2014, 22:15 
True fan
True fan

Dude, the fact that you mentioned hanging brain makes me love you already.

Welcome! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2014, 22:39 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Know the feeling re weird formats - I keep having to resist the urge to try to get a CED player since I joined here, and I know that performance isn't as good as laserdisc.

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2014, 03:07 
acuozzo wrote:
Dude, the fact that you mentioned hanging brain makes me love you already.

Welcome! :mrgreen:

I think we'll get along just fine, I really was hanging brain at that time. Thanks for the welcome! :D

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2014, 08:51 
ffutures wrote:
Know the feeling re weird formats - I keep having to resist the urge to try to get a CED player since I joined here, and I know that performance isn't as good as laserdisc.

I'm nuts with stuff like that too - my curiosity gets the best of me with old hardware.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]