It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:32

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Been a collector for awhile
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2016, 22:47 
Hey LDDB:

I've been a collector for five years now. Throughout the 90s I always wanted a player but they were just too damn expensive, so now I'm fulfilling the dream. The disc wildlife is scarce in my area (Houston) which puts a hamper on my hunt, so I don't have a big collection yet (also I don't trust eBay anymore; fool me once, shame on you...). I own a CLD-3070 which I've been in love with. It needs some repair work but I'll save that for the Repair section of the forum.

I'll see you guys around.

Post subject: Re: Been a collector for awhile
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2016, 23:04 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Greeting from a distance,

Hey ........ nikaido86,

Welcome to this forum fellow enthusiast, I felt the words conveyed and understood perfectly well.

In the day when Laserdisc's were on sale and the Hardware ........ yes very expensive indeed.
I was fortunate to be in a position to work the many hours, in order to purchase both numerous Soft and hardware with no regrets.

Yes it was hard going for a number of years, however because I was working the many hours anyway I pursued this path and achieved the goals.

Glad you came back to this Format thou and well done.

I had a number of Laserdisc players imported from the USA, and with each one a story in itself, two through Ebay with no problems at all, and the rest personal imports.

HLD X0 will be the ultimate purchase.......... when? I do not know.

Any way thank you for sharing and keep writing Sir, a pleasure for sure.

Sincerest Regards

:thumbup: :wave:

Last edited by benmbe on 26 Jun 2016, 21:30, edited 1 time in total. _________________
Το ταξίδι για την αλήθεια κάθε σκάφος δεμένα, κατόπιν δεν είναι να ληφθούν, ή μάλλον βάδισαν

Post subject: Re: Been a collector for awhile
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2016, 03:38 
First post
First post

I myself started getting into Laserdisc collecting about a year ago starting off with a Pioneer Elite CLD-79 player. I've purchased all of my laserdiscs so far on eBay and was wondering about nikaido86's comment about not trusting eBay any longer.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]