It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:03

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Leviathan screenshot request
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2014, 01:36 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

To those who own Leviathan on Laserdisc, would someone please be able to take a photo of this specific scene right here - http://caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleiche/multi_comparison.php?&art=part&x=281&y=225&action=1&image=5&hd_multiID=166&cap1=17481&cap2=17489&disc1=1869&disc2=1870&lossless=1#vergleich

I am just genuinely curious to see how the Laserdisc transfer of that scene looks compared to the horribly compressed German Blu-Ray which has macroblocking everywhere.

The photo doesn't have to be perfect, just a camera directly pointed at the TV would be good enough..

Thanks..

Post subject: Re: Leviathan screenshot request
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2014, 03:35 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Good evening alien,

I have perused your screen shots sir,

Well done that man......I was impressed with what you have done, of which is very professional.

I though each one was very clean & clear.

Thank you for sharing

Kind Regards

:clap: :thumbup:

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2014, 13:43 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I have the Japanese pressing around. Got it in a lot I purchased soms months ago. Nice cover :thumbup:
I have watched the movie a long time ago. Can't remember what it was about to be honnest.
Time to dig it out :thumbup:
Lexicon LDD-1
SR-7015
RMB-1585
DP-UB820
TX-58DX780E

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2014, 14:46 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

There is a us bd recently came out. I dont have time this weekend but later during the weak I can get you captures. I also have the us ld and japanese ld.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2014, 18:14 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

There are captures of the US BD on that site, they look much nicer. The German one is obviously an SD upscale, and may not even have been reverse telecined correctly.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2014, 10:02 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

benmbe thank you for the comment but I cannot take credit for those DVD/BD screenshots I posted in the OP because they aren't mine. They are from a cool website called caps-a-holic which compares DVDs and Blu-Rays of films in general.

Substance yeah I am aware of the new U.S BD which does look pretty damn good like happycube said, but I was just genuinely curious about how the Laserdisc stacks up compared to the god awful German BD because the DVD by MGM itself was much better than the German BD, and I wanted to see if even the Laserdisc release is better as well..

When you have the time like you said, if you could get some captures of that same water scene from the LD in particular it would be greatly appreciated.

Use whichever pressing is the better of the 2. I'll just assume that means the Japanese release..

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2014, 13:55 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

Really is my region 1 DVD really that bad. The bluray is bloody dreadful I'm glad I have forgotten about buying the bluray what a waste of money for DNR and more of the same EE that sticks out like sore thumbs down. :thumbdown: AVOID!!

I'd be surprised if the laserdisc is free of that godawful EE.

http://caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleiche/m ... #vergleich

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2014, 03:09 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

laserbite34 wrote:
Really is my region 1 DVD really that bad. The bluray is bloody dreadful I'm glad I have forgotten about buying the bluray what a waste of money for DNR and more of the same EE that sticks out like sore thumbs down. :thumbdown: AVOID!!

I'd be surprised if the laserdisc is free of that godawful EE.

http://caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleiche/m ... #vergleich

I think that German Blu-Ray was sourced from a scrappy bootleg master which is not the same master used for the DVD by MGM. This is why the DVD looks miles better.

The new U.S Blu-Ray looks much better and more natural though - http://caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleiche/multi_comparison.php?art=part&x=580&y=242&action=1&image=7&hd_multiID=166&cap1=42330&cap2=17483&disc1=4548&disc2=1869&lossless=#vergleich

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2014, 04:00 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

Word is this region A locked is better so some say. Well A locked is useless to me. Guess have to wait for region B. http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Leviathan-Blu-ray/99642/

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2014, 06:29 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

laserbite34 wrote:
Word is this region A locked is better so some say. Well A locked is useless to me. Guess have to wait for region B. http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Leviathan-Blu-ray/99642/

It's useless to me as well because I can't play region A locked discs, but I just thought it was worth mentioning to you in general just in case you were unaware.

Substance, did you ever take those captures of your U.S and/or Japanese Laserdisc copy of this flick? In particular a capture of this water scene which is just all kinds of bad on the German BD - http://www.caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleiche/multi_comparison.php?disc1=1869&disc2=1870&cap1=17481&cap2=17489&art=full&image=5&hd_multiID=166&action=1&lossless=

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]