It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 16:20

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: RUNAWAY is a DOG
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2012, 02:47 
Serious fan
Serious fan

5.8 rating on imdb??? I thought it sucked when it came out( i was 15). And i mean there is NOTHING good about this film.....it is pure formula...NOT what id expect from Crichton(which is the ONLY reason i decided to watch it tonight)......the music SUCKS.....doesnt add to the film at all.....simmons is bland..when he acts psychotic at the end itS all too much....the women are all portrayed as bimbos....even the female robots!!!......i could go on and on....GEEZ what a BAD film

Post subject: Re: RUNAWAY is a DOG
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2013, 14:36 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Hello jazz2future,

For some strange reason I quite liked Runaway.

With all of it's querks I didn't mind it.

I haven't got this in my collection thou however, I wouldn't write this off.

Thank you for sharing you views on this thou, as I enjoyed reading what you wrote.

:thumbup: :D

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2013, 15:33 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

I like the Jerry Goldsmith score on the film and it serves well.

I have the PAL pressing and its one of many best transfers of film to video.

5.8 unacceptable. If I had my way I'd give RunAway +10.0

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2013, 19:57 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I haven't seen this movie since the 80s but I think there are probably 1000 or so movies made since then that are more deserving of your hatred.

I recently got Great Train Robbery, The: Special Edition (1978) [ML101427] which was also by Michael Crichton. Its terrible. Donal Sutherland is good in it and the settings and stunts are nice, but...dang.

Some people really think Sean Connery is just this super cool, super clever sex bomb and build entire movies around this. If, like me, if you think he's a disgusting creepy old man with a totally WTF accent then you are likely to be completely freaked out by the 345 wang jokes in this movie.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2013, 01:51 
Serious fan
Serious fan

So is the beauty of life...even though we can agree that we like lds and great movies we dont have to agree on which ones...

When im really digging a movie,i go on imdb and some sort of six degrees of seperation of kevin bacon leads me to the next movie im going to watch....

Ironically as i was watching my great train robbery disc,i was lured to watch runaway next

Im sure that people that hate the great train robbery do for the same reasons that i hate runway...

I dont see any great flaws in period depiction,because im just not that knowledgable about it... Its a comedy and i find it amusing...and the soundtrack has extreme depth and is awesome...as well Donald Sutherland who is one of my favorite actors of the 70s is awesome.

Perhaps because i cant see runaway as a comedy i dont like it...... But ypu really cant take it seriously... I recall thinking Mick Jagger should have been the villian in THIS film!!!!!

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2013, 02:28 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I fully admit to being a huge snob when it comes to movies. Furthermore, my tastes are extremely complex and make no sense to %99 of humans. I like Wim Wenders, I like Godzilla, I like Forbidden Planet, I like Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Artistically speaking, the only real sin that sets me off is mediocrity. Plan 9 from Outer Space or Hairspray or Waterworld all had a point, they are that way (bad) for different reasons. They tried, they failed, whatever.

Stuff like Analyze That or Just Go With it...that is unforgivable. A gaggle of overpaid jerks blowing $80M making comedies that nobody laughs at. Such a waste of time money and talent.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]