It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 04:05

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: THE MATRIX (1999) Dolby Stereo Digital AC-3
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2013, 19:24 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

"I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... you're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you".
Neo THE MATRIX (1999)

Matrix, The (1999) [17665]

"Whoa. Déjà vu" What did you see? I saw a black Sooty and then another black cat. :lol:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=101 ... =2&theater

Post subject: Re: THE MATRIX (1999) Dolby Stereo Digital AC-3
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2013, 21:45 
True fan
True fan

Goddamn I am so jealous. Really, I am.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2013, 22:10 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

Don't be jealous there plenty of these pressings still out there. :)
I just checked. None at present.

Last edited by laserbite34 on 23 Jan 2013, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2013, 22:16 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

I only got round to buying the Matrix on LD recently myself. I wanted to snap up a copy before the supply vanished.
Glad I did as if LDDB.com is anything to go by it is one of the most sought after titles ever released on Laserdisc.
61 people have added it to their wishlist and there is only 1 copy currently available for sale as of 23/01/2013!!

It is one of those titles that there will never be enough supply available to satisfy demand.
I'm expecting pricing on future copies of the Matrix to be a good deal higher.
Pity there was no Japan release as the flimsy US cover is a bit of letdown on an otherwise great release.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2013, 22:26 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

Agree it is great release. I think a gate-fold cover would have been nice. :think: Have Warner Bros Laserdisc ever released a gate-fold title?

No signs of issues on the pressing picture side.

Watching disc 2 side 4 now. Those camera shots are still mind-blowing-ling :crazy: 8-)

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2013, 00:17 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

i think that most or all WB releases were cheap single sleeves, really hate that, my excalibur AC3 has some splits.
all due to the sleeve being too thin and not being a gatefold.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2013, 00:46 
True fan
True fan

Definitely one of my top wished-fors. Laserbrite do you have the original US 1999 DVD from Warner? This is how I watch the film as it was the last time it was issued un-screwed with. Many have reported that the LD ac3 is more dynamic and punchier than the DVD's ac3 track, but I'm not so sure given how good it sounds and the fact that it is also at LD's 384 kbp/s bitrate.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2013, 02:49 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

Only the R2 DVD which is cut for all the head-butting by the BBFC expect for HD-DVD and Laserdisc.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2013, 05:43 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

laserbite34 wrote:
Only the R2 DVD which is cut for all the head-butting by the BBFC expect for HD-DVD and Laserdisc.

I need to get this title soon too.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2013, 09:25 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

sdraper wrote:
Definitely one of my top wished-fors. Laserbrite do you have the original US 1999 DVD from Warner? This is how I watch the film as it was the last time it was issued un-screwed with. Many have reported that the LD ac3 is more dynamic and punchier than the DVD's ac3 track, but I'm not so sure given how good it sounds and the fact that it is also at LD's 384 kbp/s bitrate.

Good day Sdraper,

I have sorry to say 2 MATRIX on Laserdisc and I purchased the R1 version on DVD when it was first released.

For me personally The Laserdisc version is better, and when I say better I mean that it's more filmic than the DVD version.
The Laserdisc transfer was excellent and to my mind was one of the best.

The AC-3 sound on Laserdisc is amazingly powerful and truly immersive, especially when Neo leans back with the bullit ripples THE SOUND WRAPS RIGHT AROUND THROUGH YOU!!!! I END UP WATCHING THIS AGAIN JUST FOR THE SHEER THRILL OF IT:)

The DVD versions sound ''to my mind'' has nothing on the laserdisc of which holds it's own even now.
I shall have to watch this title again this coming weekend on my HLD X9, as I have never seen the playback results on this player yet.

I hope you are able to get hold of this Title soon Friend

Sincere Regards

:wave: :thumbup:

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2013, 09:30 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Good morning laserbite34,

Thank you for providing the Laserdisc footage of this and many other titles, as others like myself appreciate it.

Kind regards

:D

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2013, 09:51 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I remember when I first watched this being a bit disappointed with the quality, I tend to find a lot of WB discs to be quite noisy. However I think part of that was my player at the time as I watched it recently on a different set up and it looked a lot better. I've still yet to listen to the AC-3 track as I've only recently got a demodulator. Certainly a disc worth picking up now whilst it's still mostly affordable, it's one of those ones that's going to just keep going up and up in price due to the popularity of the film and the small size of the pressing.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2013, 15:21 
True fan
True fan

hippiedalek wrote:
I remember when I first watched this being a bit disappointed with the quality, I tend to find a lot of WB discs to be quite noisy. However I think part of that was my player at the time as I watched it recently on a different set up and it looked a lot better. I've still yet to listen to the AC-3 track as I've only recently got a demodulator. Certainly a disc worth picking up now whilst it's still mostly affordable, it's one of those ones that's going to just keep going up and up in price due to the popularity of the film and the small size of the pressing.

This. I 100% agree. Warner discs may be my least favorite laserdisc supplier. Movies like Unforgiven and The Fugitive are almost unwatchable due to signal noise

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2013, 16:04 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

flcl4evr wrote:
hippiedalek wrote:

This. I 100% agree. Warner discs may be my least favorite laserdisc supplier. Movies like Unforgiven and The Fugitive are almost unwatchable due to signal noise

Unforgiven (1992) [12531]

I have same pressing but I haven't watched it in quiet a while. I have the region 2 DVD which looks fine. I used to have the widescreen NTSC The Fugitive years ago, but sold it, and now only have the region 2 DVD and the bluray.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2013, 07:52 
True fan
True fan

I've got to give the DVD another watch.

The LD may be from the supposedly superior R4 DVD edition master. http://www.dvdactive.com/editorial/arti ... rison.html

Otherwise, it seems to look very similar to the R1 DVD as far as the transfer. http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDCompar ... atrix_.htm

Still, this has got to be a fun ride on LD. The 5.1 may be theatrical audio, did anyone see this in theaters? I completely missed out, as it wasn't until the film hit video that the word of mouth came my way.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2013, 09:16 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

laserdisc_fan wrote:
I only got round to buying the Matrix on LD recently myself. I wanted to snap up a copy before the supply vanished.
Glad I did as if LDDB.com is anything to go by it is one of the most sought after titles ever released on Laserdisc.
61 people have added it to their wishlist and there is only 1 copy currently available for sale as of 23/01/2013!!

It is one of those titles that there will never be enough supply available to satisfy demand.
I'm expecting pricing on future copies of the Matrix to be a good deal higher.
Pity there was no Japan release as the flimsy US cover is a bit of letdown on an otherwise great release.

I doubt the fact discs like "The Matrix" we're produced in small quantities... How many is limited quantity anyway? anyone any idea?
I came across 3 copies here in Belgium not to mention a few fellow collectors own that particular title and also have multiple copies of it from time to time.
Maybe discs like "end of days" The Matrix, sleepy hollow etc never made it to the shops to begin with?
Production is expensive I guess... I can't imagine they fired up the plant just for a few discs. :think:
Lexicon LDD-1
SR-7015
RMB-1585
DP-UB820
TX-58DX780E

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2013, 09:48 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Good Sdraper,

Still, this has got to be a fun ride on LD. The 5.1 may be theatrical audio, did anyone see this in theaters? I completely missed out, as it wasn't until the film hit video that the word of mouth came my way.

If you are referring to ''THE MATRIX'' ?

Yes I remember returning from Aberdeen, then visited a dear Friend and his family in WEXHAM North Wales, that afternoon or evening we went to see THE MATRIX.

After watching this I was impressed with how advanced and ground breaking the camera work was, and the story line was rather unique and revealing about how this world and system of things has been planned, in order to keep the masses in their place, and anyone who steps out and questions this ''START'S THINKING'' and the things in this World, are then watched in ways that are very discrete.

Especially with today's technology, media & CCTV combined we are being watched . . . . . .Don't be fooled by what they tell you, as this is a facade, in order to preoccupy us all away from the real issues and the Grand agenda that the Elite are carefully planning and implementing through ''THE COUNCIL OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS'' & ''THE BILDERBERG GROUP'' and all the connected private corporations ect, that are hard at work & from all ares of Society Movies, Education, News, TV they even have cultural leaders........LEADERS! isn't that interesting.

The cultures that they portray is a smoke screen, and is a culture that THEY want us all to become and are becoming a part of.

The Matrix is very clear and that's what makes this Movie ''THE SOMEWHAT'' the exception to the rule.

Sincere Regards

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2013, 20:38 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

kris wrote:

I doubt the fact discs like "The Matrix" we're produced in small quantities... How many is limited quantity anyway? anyone any idea?
I came across 3 copies here in Belgium not to mention a few fellow collectors own that particular title and also have multiple copies of it from time to time.
Maybe discs like "end of days" The Matrix, sleepy hollow etc never made it to the shops to begin with?
Production is expensive I guess... I can't imagine they fired up the plant just for a few discs. :think:

I didn't actually mention anything about small quantities. Compared with most music LDs the Matrix is easy to obtain.
The figures backup what I did say though which is there are far more people want this title than are currently available for sale.
If there were thousands of spare copies in circulation then how come so many still want it and haven't got a copy?

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2013, 04:58 
I just got a copy a week ago. I havent watched it yet as i had just watched the whole trilogy on HD DVD. The sound on the HD DVD was awesome.
Although i did notice a greenish tinge to the skin in some scenes which really stood out to me. It might have been intentional but i dont remember seeing in previous viewings. I didnt think the BluRay had it. But its been months since i watched that.

Ive applied to have a store here on LDDB and will be selling my copy of the Matrix.

Dude how did you not hear about the matrix. I went to the midnight screenings.

benmbe wrote:
Good Sdraper,

If you are referring to ''THE MATRIX'' ?

Yes I remember returning from Aberdeen, then visited a dear Friend and his family in WEXHAM North Wales, that afternoon or evening we went to see THE MATRIX.

After watching this I was impressed with how advanced and ground breaking the camera work was, and the story line was rather unique and revealing about how this world and system of things has been planned, in order to keep the masses in their place, and anyone who steps out and questions this ''START'S THINKING'' and the things in this World, are then watched in ways that are very discrete.

Especially with today's technology, media & CCTV combined we are being watched . . . . . .Don't be fooled by what they tell you, as this is a facade, in order to preoccupy us all away from the real issues and the Grand agenda that the Elite are carefully planning and implementing through ''THE COUNCIL OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS'' & ''THE BILDERBERG GROUP'' and all the connected private corporations ect, that are hard at work & from all ares of Society Movies, Education, News, TV they even have cultural leaders........LEADERS! isn't that interesting.

The cultures that they portray is a smoke screen, and is a culture that THEY want us all to become and are becoming a part of.

The Matrix is very clear and that's what makes this Movie ''THE SOMEWHAT'' the exception to the rule.

Sincere Regards

The trilogy was filmed in the Sydney Fox and Gold Coast Warner Brothers studios and around Brisbane and Sydney. So i recognize so much of the scenery, buildings and the train stations. It was a huge deal here so i guess thats why it was massive in Australia. I went to all three midnight screenings.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2013, 04:26 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

There must be quite some made, as they were both pressed by Kuraray and Pioneer US, most probably both a single batch run taken into account the September 1999 release date, where blockbuster movie releases in the earlier days had multiple batch runs.
Think I have come past 5 pcs over the years when buying complete or cherry picking collections (didn't buy them all, I own mint 2 pcs and even once gave away one for free ;)

I bought my copy when it was released in 1999 (@ Original Version ;), still know he had 3 pcs in stock at the time)

Music titles sold much less, so there are many titles with only a single batch run.

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next