It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:53

Page 7 of 10 [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: What laserdisc title you want but never comes up for sal
PostPosted: 25 May 2014, 17:47 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

davida,
I'm not going to judge you but you have an 82% positive rating on ebay with 22 transactions which is pretty horrendous as usually the "bad sellers" are running in the mid 90's percentage. I would suggest that when selling these disks you make it clear in your description on when and how you plan to send them out and any discounts (or not) that you are or aren't willing to make. I don't sell a huge amount of stuff on ebay but when do, I make sure that prices/shipping date, etc... are clear as possible. Buyers don't care about my problems, they buy something from me, pay for it, and want that item ASAP. I don't blame them. I'm not their "friend", we're doing business. I don't expect them to cut me any slack.

My rating is close to 300 with 100% positive.

PostPosted: 25 May 2014, 18:43 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

No davida aka kahoney2011 you are the one who is mistaken.

Both discs were won by laserdisc_king aka me.

This is actually what happened:

After I won both discs I emailed you and asked (exact words shown below):
"Hi -can you send me a combined shipping invoice for the 2 LDs I won. Thanks"

You replied "I cannot send invoice for International going through global shipping center. Just pay through ebay it will calculate totals for you."

This was complete nonsense. Since when can shipping not be combined on 2 discs or even 200?
Regardless you didn't reply and then immediately proceeded to raise a paypal dispute within a few minutes. You seem to have a very short memory about that part.
I then paid immediately for both items (which was always my intention anyway) and then followed it up (as any sensible buyer would) with the following email:
"Please ensure these items are packaged very carefully with LDs placed outside sleeves to prevent splitting and using ultra strong. If they arrived damaged i will sent them right back to you."

You didn't reply again.

At this point I emailed you to say "You also just earned yourself an a**hole award." That is all I said which in hindsight was nowhere near enough! You deserved far more criticism. I'm sure no one on the forum would disagree when they see what a terrible seller you are to deal with - very pushy and seriously lacking in ANY communication skills whatsoever.

You then cancelled the transaction and to be honest I was hugely relieved because who in their sane mind would want to deal with such an awkward seller. I have zero negative feedbacks and have conducted thousands of transactions on Ebay as both a buyer and seller. I also have a perfect buyer/seller reputation on LDDB.com. The same can certainly not be said about you on Ebay whose reputation is in tatters.

You try to explain that you have multiple copies of discs even though at no point has anyone actually managed to succesfully buy Existenz or Wild Wild West twice in a row from you!! So you managed to eventually sell Wild Wild West on your third attempt - big deal....what do you want from me?....congratulations on your first sucessful sale of Wild Wild West for $6! :lol:

As for Existenz which also fell through on two previous sales why don't you post a picture here to show everyone the multiple copies you have of that title. I bet you've only one and it is the same copy with splits you sold twice on Ebay and also posted for sale here http://www.lddb.com/laserdisc/shop/0869 ... %281999%29

Around this time davida also created an account on LDDB.com and saw my posting about wanted late release laserdiscs so he knew what I was searching for. He then emailed me on Ebay to say 'I will be listing Sixth Day and The Cell next' to rub it in presumably. I replied I had already obtained both as posted in my thread Wanted : late release Japanese movie laserdiscs. I'm still waiting for davida to post his copies for sale anywhere!!!..I suspect I will be waiting forever given his lies and deceit. This is one individual I would never trust.

PostPosted: 25 May 2014, 19:04 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

I kind of thought that might be you. So glad I didn't sell the discs to you. The profanity laced messages were uncalled for. Childish.

Also, I said I have multiple copies of *some* of these discs. Picture attached. existenz I have one copy.

As for the other poster, I agree the percentage is low but also keep in mind I don't have a lot of transactions. Fortunately laserdisc_king lost on Stigmata and that went to a good home; one less hassle to deal with. But I do agree that it's on me; shipping delay or not - that's on me and I accept the consequences (lost fee, negative feedback).

Attachments:
IMG_20140525_135656.jpg
IMG_20140525_135656.jpg [ 102.09 KiB | Viewed 4379 times ]

PostPosted: 25 May 2014, 19:12 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

I will cost copies of Sixth Day and other late releases too. Let me know what u would like to see in the picture for proof. Today's newspaper sufficient?

PostPosted: 25 May 2014, 19:23 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

I normally would never respond to someone in that manner - it was just the fact you REALLY were such an a**hole so that comment was entirely justified. In fact I stand by every word I typed. It is interesting you don't challenge my version of events because it is the TRUTH unlike your polished spin you tried to present to everyone here!

As for:
davida wrote:
FYI I have multiple copies of some of these discs. I have sealed copies of Wild Wild West and will be putting up another auction for a sealed one.

Both failed sales of Wild Wild West were for the exact same used copy and by your own admission you also only ever had one used copy of Existenz as well which proves my point - you've been selling the same discs multiple times and even have the cheek to list them here when they have already been sold! You seem to enjoy messing people about. The fact you've another copy of Wild Wild West doesn't even enter into the equation because it is 'sealed' and has never been listed to date. I pity anyone who has the misfortune to win that should you decide to sell it.

PostPosted: 25 May 2014, 19:30 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

I relisted existenz after the sale sell through, yes. I never argued that.

PostPosted: 25 May 2014, 19:34 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

davida wrote:
I will cost copies of Sixth Day and other late releases too. Let me know what u would like to see in the picture for proof. Today's newspaper sufficient?

You're veering off topic but by all means list your copy of Sixth day and The Cell for sale on Ebay and post a link here since you told me you had both. Anyone can ask a friend for their copy to post a picture or do some fancy photoshop from a internet pic but a listing on Ebay is the real deal. Well that is what I thought until I dealt with you and found out otherwise. :lol:

PostPosted: 25 May 2014, 19:40 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

davida wrote:

Third time lucky I guess for Existenz. Don't worry I wont be bidding on any of your discs no matter what you are listing.
Please don't ever buy from my shop or ask about swapping any LDs. You are just not someone I want to do business with EVER AGAIN regardless of what you might be offering.

PostPosted: 25 May 2014, 19:45 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

laserdisc_fan wrote:
davida wrote:

Third time lucky I guess for Existenz. Don't worry I wont be bidding on any of your discs no matter what you are listing.
Please don't ever buy from my shop or ask about swapping any LDs. You are just not someone I want to do business with EVER AGAIN regardless of what you might be offering.

Well, there is something we agree on!

PostPosted: 25 May 2014, 21:24 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I wont get in this fight. But I have to give a tiny defense for Davida, even if I know laserdisc_fan is 100% honest. Threatening to send items back for any damaged, even if he pack it like you say if I not misunderstanding. This would also be enough for me not to ship, if the reciepter sends right back if post office do any damage is also a waste of sellers money and time. If damage is made during shipping both parts have to meet in the middle.

I mean a return shipping will actually cause a loss for seller, since shipping many times are more then value of the auction. There have to be some tolerance in shipping damages.

PostPosted: 25 May 2014, 22:01 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

johan184 wrote:
I wont get in this fight. But I have to give a tiny defense for Davida, even if I know laserdisc_fan is 100% honest. Threatening to send items back for any damaged, even if he pack it like you say if I not misunderstanding. This would also be enough for me not to ship, if the reciepter sends right back if post office do any damage is also a waste of sellers money and time. If damage is made during shipping both parts have to meet in the middle.

I mean a return shipping will actually cause a loss for seller, since shipping many times are more then value of the auction. There have to be some tolerance in shipping damages.

It is standard Ebay and paypal policy that a buyer MUST return any damaged items back to a seller if they want a full refund. So there was nothing unusual in my response - I was merely reminding the seller of their duty to pack things properly to avoid such hassle. So that was not a threat, it was a fact of life.

"Items purchased off eBay:

If PayPal finds in your favor on your claim, PayPal will reimburse you for the full purchase price of the item and original shipping costs – with no cap on coverage."

PostPosted: 26 May 2014, 01:51 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

Anybody know how rare RAD is? I would love to own a copy. I wish they port it to DVD.

PostPosted: 26 May 2014, 05:32 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

laserdisc_fan wrote:
johan184 wrote:

It is standard Ebay and paypal policy that a buyer MUST return any damaged items back to a seller if they want a full refund. So there was nothing unusual in my response - I was merely reminding the seller of their duty to pack things properly to avoid such hassle. So that was not a threat, it was a fact of life.

"Items purchased off eBay:

If PayPal finds in your favor on your claim, PayPal will reimburse you for the full purchase price of the item and original shipping costs – with no cap on coverage."

I know what you mean and I understand. But to send it back if "any" damage on the USED movie sounds a bit picky if you ask me. I mean it could basically mean if you are not happy with it. I can promise you if everyone was this picky and sent all things back ebay would be dead and cold within 2 months, but that just my thoughts. I mean if its a 6 dollar disc and paying 18 in shipping, then the seller would lose 18 usd becouse the buyer not happy with the condition when he recieves it.

Please understand me here, but since the buyer dont lose any money here the buyer can be extremly picky, he can even return it even if the condition is same as it was before it was shipped.

For example, I would never return a movie if it got a corner dent in shipping, I know this is not seller fault, I know that lds are a high rate damage rate when I bid on them. I might want a partial refund but returning package making both parts lose money for nothing.

PostPosted: 26 May 2014, 08:37 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

johan184 wrote:
I know what you mean and I understand. But to send it back if "any" damage on the USED movie sounds a bit picky if you ask me. I mean it could basically mean if you are not happy with it. I can promise you if everyone was this picky and sent all things back ebay would be dead and cold within 2 months, but that just my thoughts. I mean if its a 6 dollar disc and paying 18 in shipping, then the seller would lose 18 usd becouse the buyer not happy with the condition when he recieves it.

Please understand me here, but since the buyer dont lose any money here the buyer can be extremly picky, he can even return it even if the condition is same as it was before it was shipped.

This was no $6 transaction for me.
With import duties built into the cost because of the Ebay shipping program the final price ran to over $207.
I wanted them shipped properly and this seller didn't even reply.
So I warned them of their obligations that if they got damaged I'd ship them right back - that is entirely legitimate.

Also you say the buyer doesn't lose anything. I'm not sure where you get that from.
I stood to lose a small fortune if this transaction went bad.
The import duties came to over $50 and those are never refundable.
Then it is compulsory to send any damaged item back to the seller via a tracked service if you want a full refund.
This would have cost me at least $35 which again is not refundable so I'm out $85 minimum.
I think you may need to brush up on current Ebay and paypal policies before commenting further! ;)

I've no negative feedbacks and one of the largest laserdisc collections in the world so I don't think any honest sellers need have any concerns about me. I've bought from all of the best sellers in the world and sold to some of the most passionate collectors also. I am not in the habit of returning items unnecessarily. In fact I view it as a last straw and will persue all other avenues before going down that route.

Remember though this guy was no ordinary seller to deal with. I'd sooner conduct business with Cararte than with davida - that is how bad he was.

PostPosted: 26 May 2014, 11:57 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Well as i said i dont really want to join your argumement. I just thought it did sound like a picky threat to send back item if any damage. But you have right buyer lose money too, sorry for that.

I had many experiences with picky buyers making me losecmoney. Many times its cheaper for me to give them the money back.

My point anyway was that i too might have atleast thought of cancel a trade if getting a message like that. But once again you are an honest trader.

Worst exampke was a costumer that didnt like the sound quaility on the record and returned it. 25 usd lp, 20 bucks in shipping. And nothing wrong on the product, he just didnt like the sound.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2014, 21:10 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

davida wrote:
My last sale of Wild Wild West sold for $6.00 and I am shipping it on Tuesday morning. I also informed the buyer of the delay and he was fine with it. So expect positive feedback on that one. Kind of shoots down your theory, huh? $6.00 and I *gasp* honored the transaction?

It seems the latest buyer of Wild Wild West (who is the third person to attempt to buy this disc from you) is also as disillusioned as the previous 2 buyers since he just left you a negative feedback on Ebay because you did not ship the disc to him either.....now there's a surprise!!
http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... back&rt=nc

That reduces your Ebay feedback rating to 77.8%. :thumbdown:

I wonder what your excuse was this time? :think:

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2014, 21:31 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

laserdisc_fan wrote:
davida wrote:
My last sale of Wild Wild West sold for $6.00 and I am shipping it on Tuesday morning. I also informed the buyer of the delay and he was fine with it. So expect positive feedback on that one. Kind of shoots down your theory, huh? $6.00 and I *gasp* honored the transaction?

It seems the latest buyer of Wild Wild West (who is the third person to attempt to buy this disc from you) is also as disillusioned as the previous 2 buyers since he just left you a negative feedback on Ebay because you did not ship the disc to him either.....now there's a surprise!!

Wow. I have to say that looks really bad. Clearly something is not right here. Frankly, if you are listing laserdiscs on a regular basis for sale, getting it out for mailing should be a relatively easy and painless procedure. Somebody wins the auction, pays the amount,... that disk should be in the mailbox the next day. I've sold quite a few laserdiscs and it's a pretty no-frills affair as they are so easy to ship.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2014, 21:59 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

laserdisc_fan wrote:
davida wrote:

wow, is this guy davida from Argentina :lol:
never heard of that scam before, i'll add it to my list of buyers and seller scams that can be done on ebay.
thanks laserdiscfan for posting this :thumbup:

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2014, 22:58 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Cast a Deadly Spell and Witch Hunt, two excellent movies about a strange 1950s America where magic is part of everyday life. Both NTSC only and never seem to come up for sale in the UK.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2014, 23:50 
Have to say that I own both CADS & WH bought them quite a few years ago. CADS was the hardest one to find at the time.

Page 7 of 10 [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next