It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:48

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Garbage Pail Kids - Laser Disc (ID6744KV)
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2016, 14:35 
Hello. I'm new to the forum. I found this place due to my addiction to both Garbage Pail Kids and Laser Discs and I was wondering if anyone here has any information or pics of the Garbage Pail Kids Movie (ID6744KV) release on Laser Disc. I can't even find a picture of it online, but it seems to exist as there's a CAT# for it. Any info would be awesome!! Thanks!

Here's a pic of my LD collection :)

Post subject: Re: Garbage Pail Kids - Laser Disc (ID6744KV)
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2016, 15:50 
Site Admin
Site Admin

lucypher wrote:
I was wondering if anyone here has any information or pics of the Garbage Pail Kids Movie (ID6744KV) release on Laser Disc. I can't even find a picture of it online, but it seems to exist as there's a CAT# for it. Any info would be awesome!! Thanks!

Nobody has it in collection, nobody ever updated the info, it's not on eBay and the serial number only finds few hits.

Still it has presence on http://www.laserdiscarchive.co.uk/laserdisc_archive/ld_old.txt, http://product.half.ebay.com/The-Garbage-Pail-Kids-Movie-Laserdisc/3087828&tg=info (with an UPC of 014381674460 compatible with close Image Ent. releases) and http://garbagepailkids.proboards.com/thread/11509?page=10.

Hmmmm I looks doubtful it was ever released. Maybe announced then cancelled?

Julien

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2016, 15:05 
admin wrote:
lucypher wrote:
I was wondering if anyone here has any information or pics of the Garbage Pail Kids Movie (ID6744KV) release on Laser Disc. I can't even find a picture of it online, but it seems to exist as there's a CAT# for it. Any info would be awesome!! Thanks!

Nobody has it in collection, nobody ever updated the info, it's not on eBay and the serial number only finds few hits.

Still it has presence on http://www.laserdiscarchive.co.uk/laserdisc_archive/ld_old.txt, http://product.half.ebay.com/The-Garbage-Pail-Kids-Movie-Laserdisc/3087828&tg=info (with an UPC of 014381674460 compatible with close Image Ent. releases) and http://garbagepailkids.proboards.com/thread/11509?page=10.

Hmmmm I looks doubtful it was ever released. Maybe announced then cancelled?

Julien

Well that sucks lol. I was hoping someone up here would solve the GPK LD mystery and have a pic to show. I guess I'll just have to search for the elusive Beta version instead. I was really hoping there was a Japanese LD version of the GPK Movie out there somewhere.

Any chance you have the Image Entertainment Promo Catalogue LD? Thats the last place I want to check is the promotional materials used around that time to showcase upcoming titles. Pic below. Thanks!

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2016, 15:19 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I can confirm this title is not in the Image catalog Volume 2 LD, also not in the laser video guide's I own

Regards Edwin

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2016, 15:40 
edwin240170 wrote:
I can confirm this title is not in the Image catalog Volume 2 LD, also not in the laser video guide's I own

Regards Edwin

Ok cool. Thanks for the info. I can scratch that one off the list.

I just found a copy of the Image Entertainment Fall 1991 LD Catalogue Vol. 1 for $2 on FeeBay. I like how it's an 8" LD! I only have one other 8"LD and it's a music video.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2016, 16:09 
True fan
True fan

Unfortunately it does not exist on LD even in Japan.
http://k-plus.biz/archives/20526

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2016, 05:51 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I've heard from multiple sources over the years that it does exist! :thumbup:
Could have been prototype/test discs, perhaps?

We didn't need to cancel the title from the database, unnecessary. :oops: LOL 8-)

Atlantic pictures holds/held the rights to the film...
Paramount issed the film for the first small run of VHS/betamax home video distribution.
As an example: Same ordeal with Full Moon/Paramount films. Small first run, then dropped and brought to another distribution.

KVC-films picked up the rights, and was doing the re-releasing for some of the more recent Atlantic pictures films. Teen Wolf Too, Nutcracker: The Motion picture.. Mainly just for home/consumer markets.
Image-Ent. put out just a handful of KVC titles on LD:
http://www.lddb.com/search.php?reference=ID674%2A&discard=false&sort=ref

Yeah, I hear you- Not having a photo leaves a mystery! But, There isn't photo of a lot of LaserDiscs online. In all honesty, doesn't mean they don't exist...

There's not one photo online available of the Garbage Pail Kids betamax tape, and I can assure you that exists :thumbup:

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2016, 08:35 
Site Admin
Site Admin

lasercamp wrote:
We didn't need to cancel the title from the database, unnecessary.

It's not deleted, it's just flagged as "cancelled" but if you find me a copy we can resurrect it :-)

It happened before for Rugrats Rugrats: A Rugrats Vacation/A Baby's Gotta Do What A Baby's Gotta Do (1997) [LV837793] and a 2 others.

:arrow: "Rugrats: A Rugrats Vacation/A Baby's Gotta Do" Exists

Julien

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2016, 09:38 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Will do! THX Julien :mrgreen: :thumbup:

Those KVC/Image titles on that list I just exposed are all unbelievably RARE! Everybody should take a glance at that list :thumbup:

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2016, 11:52 
Site Admin
Site Admin

lasercamp wrote:
Those KVC/Image titles on that list I just exposed are all unbelievably RARE!

Matching for ID____KV brings a slightly longer list (16 titless, 5 potentially cancelled).

That list begs an answer to... What title numbered ID6745KV was planned between Garbage Pail Kids Movie, The [ID6744KV] and Steele Justice (1987) [ID6746KV]?

Googling the ref number brings... Nothing!

That's quite rare on Google, usually any random string of number will find obscure server logs, disease naming schemes or weird product serial numbers. But here... 0 hit.

Julien

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2016, 19:54 
lasercamp wrote:

We didn't need to cancel the title from the database, unnecessary. :oops: LOL 8-)

Paramount issed the film for the first small run of VHS/betamax home video distribution.
As an example: Same ordeal with Full Moon/Paramount films. Small first run, then dropped and brought to another distribution.

KVC-films picked up the rights, and was doing the re-releasing for some of the more recent Atlantic pictures films. Teen Wolf Too, Nutcracker: The Motion picture.. Mainly just for home/consumer markets.

Yeah, I hear you- Not having a photo leaves a mystery! But, There isn't photo of a lot of LaserDiscs online. In all honesty, doesn't mean they don't exist...

There's not one photo online available of the Garbage Pail Kids betamax tape, and I can assure you that exists :thumbup:

Thanks for your reply and for giving me hope that the GPK Movie LD is still out there in the wild somewhere.

The GPK Movie Betamax was listed on eBay about a year ago. I think it went for about $250-300.
I wish I had saved the auction pics that showed the cover, but I did manage to find a pic of the actual GPK Movie Betamax:

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2016, 20:37 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

lasercamp wrote:

its easy to get missled with things like this. Facts easy change when it movies from human to human. I ones had a guy whos mother worked at a record plant that claimed he had test presses if pretty much every album being made in sweden. Afer years of talking about this "treasure" I finally was going to be chosen to buy them. Turned out all these, 100s of records... where regular records but without sleeves that they took from the maufacture line. But he spread this out for years, that he had test presses of all these big artists.

His treasure went from 50 000 euro to 0, hehe

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2016, 05:04 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

WOW i think this is one of the lowest star rated films on IMDB that i have looked at in a very long time.

Gets a whopping 2.7 out of 10.
wonder why this never got an LD release........

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]