It is currently 15 Dec 2018, 21:09

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: From Here to Eternity Laserdisc - Vidmark - Natalie Wood
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2018, 07:22 
First post
First post

Found this new & still sealed laserdisc today.

It's: From Here to Eternity Laserdisc - Vidmark Entertainment - Natalie Wood, William Devane Cat #LDCVM5236

Anyone know much about it?

Attachments:
DSC08139.JPG
DSC08139.JPG [ 95.84 KiB | Viewed 402 times ]

Post subject: Re: From Here to Eternity Laserdisc - Vidmark - Natalie Wood
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2018, 17:21 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Uh?

Basic search will find it easily:

=> From Here to Eternity (1979) [LDCVM5236]
=> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078616/

Julien

Post subject: Re: From Here to Eternity Laserdisc - Vidmark - Natalie Wood
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2018, 22:28 
Serious fan
Serious fan

dcosio65 wrote:
Found this new & still sealed laserdisc today.

It's: From Here to Eternity Laserdisc - Vidmark Entertainment - Natalie Wood, William Devane Cat #LDCVM5236

Anyone know much about it?

Hi dcosio65,

Yes, I know something about this disc, as the picture you see on the listing page here comes from the copy in my collection. I'm not sure exactly what you want to know, but I'll tell you what I can about it. If you're asking about it in terms of rarity, it's not an extremely rare or valuable disc, but it's also not one that turns up everyday either. You'll see that there are only 3 copies registered in collections here, including mine, so it's not a common title like Speed or Independence Day. However, it's not a title like The Cell, The Limey, or U-571, that some would give a 4-figure price for, if that's what you're asking. If you want to know about the quality of the disc, there's good news and bad news, my friend. The good news is it's not a high rot risk title, as it was competently pressed at Pioneer USA in the 90's. The bad news is that it's nothing to write home about in terms of quality. My recollection of it is that the picture is not all that great, drifting randomly in and out of focus throughout. Then, there's the matter of the running time. I'm not sure how familiar you are with this particular program. It was originally a six-hour TV miniseries when it was broadcast in 1979. This disc is an extremely edited version which is only 110 minutes long. If you're looking for a complete version of the miniseries, this disc is definitely not what you're after. So much material is missing from it, I'm sure you would be badly disappointed if you want the whole thing. I should also add that it's not even close to measuring up to the 1953 film. After all, it is a made-for-TV production with a much lesser cast. Having said that, however, if you like the performers in it (which I do), it's worth adding to your collection, as long as you don't have to give a fortune for it. That's my opinion on it, for what it's worth. I hope this is helpful to you.

Best Regards,
David

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]