It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 03:05

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Urotsukidoji help needed...
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2011, 03:13 
Serious fan
Serious fan

I lifted this from one of the anime DVD sites and since I think the DVDs (R1) are just ports of the US LDs can anyone verify if the following quote is correct?

Quote:
Since I am a new member of this site, I like to share some new information regarding the Urotsukidoji series. Actually its not new, as it is really just some clarification on the movies regarding parts 3 and 4. PoochJD has most of his information correct, except for his statments regarding the Hell on Earth box set.

And, since I am from the United States and do happen to own The entire Urotsukidoji series, Urot:. Perfect Collection, Urot.: Return of the Overfiend, Urot.: Inferno Road, Urot.: Legend of the Overfiend (movie version) and Urot.: Legend of the Demon Womb (movie version), I'd thought i share a little information regarding the series.

Well, with regards to the Hell on Earth Boxset, there are only TWO movies that come with the boxset; Urot.: Legend of the Overfiend and Urot.: Legend of the Demon Womb. There are NO, let me repeat NO, movie versions available for parts 3 and 4 in the US. There are only the original seven OAV episodes for parts 3 and 4, which are distributed by Central Park Media; available on two DVDs or in the Hell on Earth Boxset.

So, with all that said, the only Movies you will be getting from the Hell on Earth Boxset are Legend of the Overfiend and Legend of the Demon Womb. The last two DVDs are the final seven OAV episodes for parts 3 and 4, not the movie versions for parts 3 and 4, since there are no movie versions available for parts 3 and 4 in the US.

And, since you will only be getting the two movies, you Will NOT be getting the original five OAV episodes for parts 1 and 2. So, in the end, your basically purchasing 80% of the entire Urotsukidoji series. (20% for the Legend of the Overfiend Movie, 20% for the Legend of the Demon Womb movie, 20% for Return of the Overfiend and finally, 20% for Inferno Road). The remaining 20% is for the Perfect Collection.

So, If you want to purchase the ENTIRE Urotsukidoji series, parts 1-4, episodes 1-12 and the two movies, (In it's most uncut, unedited, and uncensored form) then A; purchase the Hell on Earth Boxset along with purchasing the Perfect Collection or B; purchase the Perfect Collection and then purchase parts 3 and 4 and movies 1 and 2 each individually.

Finally, there are NO, let me repeat, NO subtitles for parts 3 and 4. Since I own parts 3 and 4, I know this for a fact. The only spoken languages are english or japanese, with NO subtitles. Parts 3 and 4, that come with the Hell on Earth Boxset, can also be purchased individually. As with regards to the two movies, no, they too do NOT have subtitles. (Again, the two movies that you get can also be purchased individually).

I am trying to obtain the most complete version of the series I can on both LD and DVD so any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Brian

Post subject: Re: Urotsukidoji help needed...
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2011, 04:45 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

OK, to obtain the original 5 OVA episodes, a.k.a. parts I & II, your best bet is the Central Park Media/LaserDisc Entertainment "Perfect Collection" boxset (see also here). This is unedited, with Japanese dialogue & English subtitles. As for the rest, I don't really know, but The Erotic Anime Movie Guide by Clements & McCarthy would have it that the American "Anime18" release was dub-only for the 4 individual episodes of Part III, but subtitled on the movie edit (they should know, since Clements was one of the translators) ; & that the "Anime18" release of Part IV was sub-only. That was the state of affairs as of circa 1999.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2011, 11:20 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

I need some help about Urotsukidoji. I bought the Perfect collection box-set some weeks ago but I don't want to keep it anymore, how much is it worth do you think?

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2011, 13:05 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

whatever the market would take. $30-40 not sure since it comes and goes and whoever is dying to have it at the time of bidding

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]