It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:26

Page 76 of 76 [ 1505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76
 Post subject: Re: What have you been watching?
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2023, 00:32 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

skyjedi2020 wrote:
Started watching Yamato III on DVD with no subs i have no idea what is going on but at least its an official release.

Ironically it's probably a less confusing experience than watching it with the subs that currently exist for it.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2023, 08:13 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

I put on Urusei Yatsura Beautiful Dreamer. The last pressing of the 4:3 master on Laserdisc. The transfer is not that good. You know some of the late issue laserdiscs look as good as DVD sometimes this one looks like an obvious old tape source. I'm glad to have it don't get me wrong because i don't have the Japanese VHS. Audio is mono and not good at all full of hiss.

Somehow the Letterbox LD, 16:9 anamorphic DVD and Blu-ray from Japan all came from a remastered source. If the film was composed at 4:3 why hasn't TOHO remastered it?

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2024, 12:26 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

skyjedi2020 wrote:
I put on Urusei Yatsura Beautiful Dreamer. The last pressing of the 4:3 master on Laserdisc. The transfer is not that good. You know some of the late issue laserdiscs look as good as DVD sometimes this one looks like an obvious old tape source. I'm glad to have it don't get me wrong because i don't have the Japanese VHS. Audio is mono and not good at all full of hiss.

Somehow the Letterbox LD, 16:9 anamorphic DVD and Blu-ray from Japan all came from a remastered source. If the film was composed at 4:3 why hasn't TOHO remastered it?

Hi skyjedi. Can you link to the Letterboxed LD of Beautiful Dreamer? I can only find two 4:3 issue from Japan. I have all the UY LDs from Animeigo but this is the only UY movie I don't have.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2024, 17:24 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

I watched the second pressing of the Star Wars Definitive Collection from Japan the one that comes with the making of trilogy, mine is missing a bit of Leia welding on the Falcon in Empire Strikes Back.

I also watched Phantom Menace Japanese Laserdisc, and i mean to watch all of the special edition because i just got in the Japan boxed set from 1997.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2024, 01:25 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

skyjedi2020 wrote:
I watched the second pressing of the Star Wars Definitive Collection from Japan the one that comes with the making of trilogy, mine is missing a bit of Leia welding on the Falcon in Empire Strikes Back.

I think I have the same set and I can't remember if this shot is missing, I will check. Thanks for the DM on UY Movie 2 btw, appreciated.

Page 76 of 76 [ 1505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76