It is currently 03 May 2024, 04:07

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Paula Abdul music laserdiscs
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2012, 18:39 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

It is fortunate that the peak of laserdisc production (early 90's) coincides nicely with Paula Abdul's pop music career.

The videos from all three of her albums can be found on laserdisc:

First there is a Japan only release called 'Straight Up' covering interview footage and the majority of videos from her debut album 'Forever Your Girl'.
Please note this is a Pack In Video release which was very prone to laser rot so always check with a seller before buying as it is a very risky title to purchase!

Then another Japan only video compilation got issued called 'Captivated '92' primarily covering videos from her second album 'Spellbound' but it also covered a few from the first album in slightly different forms. This was issued twice in Japan and thankfully was not produced by Pack In Video so generally tends to be free from rot for both editions.

Finally there was a US only live concert in support of her second album 'Spellbound' filmed in 1993. As this was only released on LD in 1998 it is very tough to locate as very few copies appear to be in circulation if Ebay is anything to go by. The picture and sound quality on this live release are absolutely stunning. Trying to obtain a mint copy of this live concert is further complicated by the fact that the sleeve was unusually flimsy even by US standards.

You will also find some Paula Abdul videos on other music compilation LDs such as:

In addition some of her videos made it onto promo and jukebox music LDs such as:
Laser Juke: Music Compilation Series [13.24.02]
Pioneer Promotional Music Videos - Jukebox Network: Disc 3 (1989) [03-532]

I'm certain I have all of the videos from her third album spread across various other promo LDs which I haven't yet added track details to LDDB.com for. So if you are a Paula Abdul fan you will be be able to find all of her videos on laserdisc, whereas only a few of these videos are currently available on DVD and none from her 3rd album. The live concert is also a laserdisc exclusive which has never been re-issued on DVD and likely never will given her music career would appear to be over at this point.

There is also a Karaoke disc available one track by Paula:
Karaoke: Top Ten 80's Hits vol.12 [PK80-10012]

Last edited by laserdisc_fan on 02 May 2013, 20:14, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Paula Abdul music laserdiscs
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2012, 16:38 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

The fourth and fifth singles released from her second Spellbound album were not included on the either of the Captivated 92 Japan LDs.

I'd mentioned those later videos including the ones from even her third album are available on various promo LDs.
I just stumbled upon one by accident today.

This laserdisc contains the fifth and final single ('Will You Marry Me?') from her Spellbound album:
ET/VideoLink Hot Hits: Number 194 [PLP-RAC1-92]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]