It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 03:37

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Stranglers music laserdiscs
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2011, 20:49 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

Always liked the Stranglers.

There are 3 Japanese music laserdiscs and 1 PAL disc to collect.

The PAL laserdisc must have been quite controversial at the time as it features totally uncensored nudity when dancers on stage start stripping off completely!
It came with a 18 certificate on the back and also a warning as shown:

Post subject: Re: The Stranglers music laserdiscs
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2011, 19:47 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Can not believe the Japanese discs has the same version of the video clip for "Nice 'n' Sleazy" :lol:

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2011, 23:40 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

The Japanese version does have the same video however anything that could be deemed offensive has been airbrushed over!

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2011, 18:38 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

laserdisc_fan wrote:
The Japanese version does have the same video however anything that could be deemed offensive has been airbrushed over!

It is a difficult choice ... get the original but a bad sonopress pressing or the scensored japanese version but good pressing.

In general I really hate the Sonopress Laservisions, they are all suffer from a snowstorm ... :twisted:

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2011, 21:40 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

I'd be inclined to agree about those old PAL LDs which were often woeful quality in terms of manufacturing - the main problem being they used water based glues which caused the discs to eventually oxidise. Many are visibly oxidising if you look at the surface of the disc.

I do have decent playback copies of most of the PAL music LDs I've mentioned on this site though including that Stranglers disc but usually had to buy several copies.
It seems a few were reliable to buy - one that springs to mind is the 83 Dio live concert on PAL is superb quality.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2017, 18:03 
Hello, I'm new and I've been looking for a music LD that features a song mentioned on here. Only, it's another version I'm after, which has been seen in UK pubs in the 90's?

The song is Nice 'n' Sleazy by The Stranglers, but it's not the live version onstage with the strippers!
The one I'm after is filmed in a studio made to look like a strip club and has one girl dancing with feather boa to cover her blushes as the band plays on to Nice 'n' Sleazy. It sounds like a really interesting film.

Anyway, I wonder if any of you lovely people have ever found this, and perhaps could lead me in the right direction as I'd like to own a copy.
My guess is that it could be on a mixed compilation - the band were signed to EMI - but probably not on the Stranglers compilations that are believe are the same as the Video comps that came out.

Thank you! :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]