It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:55

Page 2 of 5 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Choose my first LD player
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2018, 17:05 
Honest fan
Honest fan

van-dammage wrote:
discolaservision wrote:
I actually got more pictures after I asked the seller and yes the LED display are lit up brightly.
Well time to for some laserdisc movie shopping I think.

camera flash do sometimes improve picture details of fading displays, pics could sometimes be deceiving?
you'll know when you fire it up the first time if everything is OK with display?

may I ask how much you had to pay for this player?
did it come in factory box complete with accessories?

Nope he actually shot the LED display picture in the dark and no flash used.
I got it for $50 just the player and nothing else,I barely see players on ebay with package box and accessories anyway or even if it does I just simply couldn't afford the shipping cost.

Post subject: Re: My first LD player
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2018, 07:48 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I finally received the player and thanks to the fine criminals at pitney bowes they succeeded at pissing off another buyer.
The box right of the bat have quite a dent on it and punched a hole on the corner.
them b*****ds repackaged a 20 pound player with bubble wrap and then when I was about to lift the player up a black tiny plastic piece fall from the player and then the I saw a damaged front panel which were made of rather hard plastic they not going to easily break but due to careless handling it did crack and break!
The front panel cracked so bad it made a hole on the corner and the panel itself actually misaligned from the metal casing.
Now I'll have to get a step down converter and see if this still works...what a way to ruin a cosmetically good looking player but then I'm not so sure since the seller themselves actually swapped the great looking ones that he showed me with another player of the same model because this one have different MFD of October 1999 not late 2001!
I'm so unlucky I'm possibly just got double scammed in one!

Post subject: Re: My first LD player
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2018, 10:05 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

discolaservision wrote:
I finally received the player and thanks to the fine criminals at pitney bowes they succeeded at pissing off another buyer.
The box right of the bat have quite a dent on it and punched a hole on the corner.
them b*****ds repackaged a 20 pound player with bubble wrap and then when I was about to lift the player up a black tiny plastic piece fall from the player and then the I saw a damaged front panel which were made of rather hard plastic they not going to easily break but due to careless handling it did crack and break!
The front panel cracked so bad it made a hole on the corner and the panel itself actually misaligned from the metal casing.
Now I'll have to get a step down converter and see if this still works...what a way to ruin a cosmetically good looking player but then I'm not so sure since the seller themselves actually swapped the great looking ones that he showed me with another player of the same model because this one have different MFD of October 1999 not late 2001!
I'm so unlucky I'm possibly just got double scammed in one!

Similar thing happened to me with an LD player from the US through ebay. Paypal claim and within days I had a full refund and got to keep the ruined player for parts.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2018, 11:43 
sorry to hear about your misfortune.
can you show us pictures of you broken player and post the ebay link for the other player you didn't get.

how much did you pay for import duties package shipped by Pitney Bowes?

reason Pitney Bowes repacked your player was they want to ship a more lightweight package!
seller might have packed your player with a lot more packing materials making the total weight heavier, P-B removed packing materials to ship lightweight.
P-B saves money on shipping cost by removing packing materials and there you go player broke during shipping.

If seller sent you a player with different serial number and differnt manufacturer date, he clearly scammed you!
Seller sent you another player keeping the better player for him self, probably will jack up the price price next time he sells on eBay.
You should clearly sent him a friendly but disapointing message including pictures through ebay system.
If seller don't want to take responsility threaten him with Paypal.
If it doesn't work out with seller?
File a Paypal dispute about seller sacmming you and not sending the correct player also tell Paypal ebay repacked your player and it arrived broken to you!

If you get a full refund?
You will probably lose both shipping cost and duties, these costs will Pitney Bowes keep in their pockets.

I would never buy electronics on eBay if seller ships with eBay global shipping programme.
This is the biggest scam eBay has come up with!
I bet there are thousands of unhappy ebay customers receiving broken electronics shipped by sh*thole scammers Pitney Bowes.

some sellers on ebay doesn't understand ebay global shipping procedure when they ship overseas, if it's a delicate item it will mostly break in transit because ebay's packing staff repacked item removing protecting materials to ship lightweight saving money for Pitney Bowes.
you as a buyer on ebay still pay full shipping cost and duties through Pitney Bowes, then package is sent off to ebay packing station, their staff repacks your package making it moooooooooooooore lightweight to save money on shipping, P-B takes your duties and shipping cost putting them in their pockets! :thumbdown: :wtf:
This is how customers gets scammed by P-B!
Some sellers don't understand why their item broke during shipping, coz they are stubborn using ebay global shipping crap!

I wish you the best getting your problem resolved.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2018, 17:39 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I just realized the whole PB scam thing when it's already too late.
I don't think I'm going to return the stuff I'll just request for refund and that's it.
The PB's going to keep the majority of my cash anyway,$110 (60 shipping 50 import charges) shipping gone to a s****y job like this...
The most I would get is $80 dollar from the seller but he should've refund the thing when they knew it's not right to scam like that and still have the time to think through,some poor b*****ds are already starved for any sell on glitchy ebay site I think.
I don't have much choice to buy any more laserdisc on ebay without either breaking the stuff or breaking my wallet.
I checked on other seller who were willing to ship with UPS or FedEx and the rates are so high it's funny some company can charge that much for an old used electronic for personal use it's $740 for shipping a 35 pound item and that's right up the alley what of a better laserdisc player would weigh.
USPS bring the price down considerably but it still 30-40 more than this scam program charge!
The only way to keep the price to minimum was to use freight service which take ages to arrive.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2018, 19:07 
hey discolaser, you can send Julien a pm.
maybe he can help you get a cheap player?
Julien resides in Asia, shipping could be cheap as the distance isn't probably that far from Thailand.

some ebay sellers ships international with USPS, shipping charge is between $100 to 200 dollars depending on weight and where to ship?

there are videos on Youtube where people made complaint videos about ebay global shipping program.
watch those videos and read the comments from unhappy ebay buyers getting ripped off!
it's disapointing how ebay and their associates works screwing people

if seller doesn't care about refunding you, give him an ugly negative feedback scam switching players.
what is the link you bought your player?
does seller have negative feedback before?
this should be a warning sign before buying from such people

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2018, 20:03 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

They made 2600's into late 2001? I knew the 2800 was made that late...

(Also, if you did get a 2800 afterall and it was broken in shipping, Pitney did an amazingly bad job. It's a relatively hard player to break in shipping)

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2018, 10:43 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Try importing from Japan. Use Buyee etc.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2018, 18:39 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Sorry for the absent as I was sick a day after the player arrive and I just feel healthy today.
As for bad handling they'd have to drop the system from such a height to make it damaged this bad as it turned out that side plastic crack are not caused by some minor mishandling because as I inspect more carefully its the metal case that forcefully pushed the front panel to goes out of its place so I guess the player must've dropped face first to the floor and it a scar at the front of the player as well.
And I of course will check buyee for LD players there.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2018, 10:15 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Buy a player locally if you can.
You could have avoided all this, and who knows it might just happen again with the next.
Good luck with your next purchase anyhow.

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2018, 16:30 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Well I can just wait for a phone call from my favorite Vintage A/V store for used LD player,I already requested the owner when that occasion comes.
LD players are very hard to come by in my country unless you import yourself of course.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2018, 09:39 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

lons_vex wrote:
You could have avoided all this, and who knows it might just happen again with the next.

He's already said sourcing a good player in Thailand is difficult. Japanese sellers usually overpack stuff. Buyee will never remove packaging, They will add more padding if you request it and pay a little extra.

I think Japan is the way to go. With Japan's relative proximity to Thailand a cheap air ticket over there and a trip to a used AV store/Hard Off might even be worth it?

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2018, 10:25 
Honest fan
Honest fan

forper wrote:
lons_vex wrote:

He's already said sourcing a good player in Thailand is difficult. Japanese sellers usually overpack stuff. Buyee will never remove packaging, They will add more padding if you request it and pay a little extra.

I think Japan is the way to go. With Japan's relative proximity to Thailand a cheap air ticket over there and a trip to a used AV store/Hard Off might even be worth it?

I just searched around a bit on buyee and still no players just only movie discs.
Actually I been to Japan back in January but we're so packed on that trip with clothes and video games that I would need a third travel case just to carry a player back.
Maybe during the summer I'll try my luck at Hard-Off in Japan.
Well if all else fails I can only turn to Panasonic LX-H170 or I'll wait for a phone call from my A/V store I hooked up a deal with.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2018, 12:07 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

These players are all available through buyee or any other proxy service for y!jp:

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/sea ... e&slider=0

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2018, 15:52 
Honest fan
Honest fan

forper wrote:
These players are all available through buyee or any other proxy service for y!jp:

Wow all those players...my mouth are watering now.
Now I need to know how to order one...

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2018, 16:12 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

discolaservision wrote:
forper wrote:

Wow all those players...my mouth are watering now.
Now I need to know how to order one...

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2018, 16:25 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I just signed up.
Now I found this:https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/o196456026
This thing's a beast the price sure scare me a bit.
By the way there are quite plenty of used DVL-919 combo players on the site what's up with that model?

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2018, 17:50 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

The price of the item or the shipping is scary??

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2018, 18:38 
Honest fan
Honest fan

rein-o wrote:
The price of the item or the shipping is scary??

The price of the item.
Shipping is not much cheaper than ebay global shipping program but still a lot better than getting your stuff repackaged and came damaged.
I'm currently try bidding on Pioneer CLD-F1 but if I'm got outbid then I'm not going after it.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2018, 00:28 
True fan
True fan

If it's still available, i'd be considering picking up the Panasonic , I'm pretty sure that player isn't far off from an ld-2600 in terms of performance, local is the only way to really know what you're getting, just make sure you test it.

Page 2 of 5 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next