It is currently 21 Jun 2018, 17:25




 Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Won a Panasonic LX-HD20 but...
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2018, 11:33 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested
User avatar

Joined: 13 Feb 2018, 16:30
Posts: 55
Location: Thailand
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Well I just won the player on Yahoo Auction and it's in "Junk" condition for 5,000 yen.
After I backed out from both Pioneer LD-S1 and Pioneer HLD-X9 (Junk) auctions.
(X9 current bid are like 30,000 yen by now,I backed out at 7,000)
http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/x449704739
I don't know what I was thinking maybe I just fooling around thinking there would be another hidden bid amount set on the player like it did with X9 and the system would just deny my bid but it didn't so I'm the highest bidder of the HD20 at its starting bid 'till the end now I won it.
They said something about the player eject the disc out after few seconds so what kind of problem is that?
The only good thing coming out of this stupid mistake was that it would be cool to own a Hi-Vision player and that's it.
I think the shipping would cost quite a fortune so I think I'll just dispose it (for a fee) when it arrive at their warehouse.
It sure is a rare one but man i did not deserve it.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Won a Panasonic LX-HD20 but...
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2018, 23:59 
True fan
True fan
User avatar

Joined: 11 Oct 2015, 16:35
Posts: 317
Location: United States
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 9 times
discolaservision wrote:
Well I just won the player on Yahoo Auction and it's in "Junk" condition for 5,000 yen.
After I backed out from both Pioneer LD-S1 and Pioneer HLD-X9 (Junk) auctions.
(X9 current bid are like 30,000 yen by now,I backed out at 7,000)
http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/x449704739
I don't know what I was thinking maybe I just fooling around thinking there would be another hidden bid amount set on the player like it did with X9 and the system would just deny my bid but it didn't so I'm the highest bidder of the HD20 at its starting bid 'till the end now I won it.
They said something about the player eject the disc out after few seconds so what kind of problem is that?
The only good thing coming out of this stupid mistake was that it would be cool to own a Hi-Vision player and that's it.
I think the shipping would cost quite a fortune so I think I'll just dispose it (for a fee) when it arrive at their warehouse.
It sure is a rare one but man i did not deserve it.


The Panasonic Muse I believe are Sony clones and 100% of the time I have seen them for auction they are broken....
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Won a Panasonic LX-HD20 but...
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2018, 00:43 
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 09:44
Posts: 2585
Location: United States
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 42 times
discolaservision wrote:
Well I just won the player on Yahoo Auction and it's in "Junk" condition for 5,000 yen.
After I backed out from both Pioneer LD-S1 and Pioneer HLD-X9 (Junk) auctions.
(X9 current bid are like 30,000 yen by now,I backed out at 7,000)
http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/x449704739
I don't know what I was thinking maybe I just fooling around thinking there would be another hidden bid amount set on the player like it did with X9 and the system would just deny my bid but it didn't so I'm the highest bidder of the HD20 at its starting bid 'till the end now I won it.
They said something about the player eject the disc out after few seconds so what kind of problem is that?
The only good thing coming out of this stupid mistake was that it would be cool to own a Hi-Vision player and that's it.
I think the shipping would cost quite a fortune so I think I'll just dispose it (for a fee) when it arrive at their warehouse.
It sure is a rare one but man i did not deserve it.


What the...? Why are you buying players to have them scrapped? Are you nuts?

Just buy something and use it. Don’t be weird.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Won a Panasonic LX-HD20 but...
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2018, 11:51 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested
User avatar

Joined: 13 Feb 2018, 16:30
Posts: 55
Location: Thailand
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Like I said I have no intention of buy it just that I'm being stupid well I already disposed it.
What am I thinking I wasted $50 for nothing...
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Won a Panasonic LX-HD20 but...
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2018, 19:59 
True fan
True fan
User avatar

Joined: 18 Jul 2009, 13:00
Posts: 325
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Sorry, I don't get it.
_________________
HLD-X9, CLD97 w/AC-3 MOD,LD-S1, CLD-925, CC DECODER, DVDO VP50, DENON AVC-A1SE, PHILIPS 52PFL7432D
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Won a Panasonic LX-HD20 but...
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 00:31 
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 09:44
Posts: 2585
Location: United States
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 42 times
discolaservision wrote:
Like I said I have no intention of buy it just that I'm being stupid well I already disposed it.
What am I thinking I wasted $50 for nothing...


I’m more depressed about how it’s probably in the trash now. It probably would have ended up there anyway but at least on YAJ someone could in theory rescue it and give it a home.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Won a Panasonic LX-HD20 but...
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 00:50 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 19:05
Posts: 4499
Location: United States
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 31 times
I think the real sad thing is what if it actually worked but they listed it as Junk :shock:
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Won a Panasonic LX-HD20 but...
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 01:36 
Honest fan
Honest fan
User avatar

Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 01:55
Posts: 101
Location: United States
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 2 times
rein-o wrote:
I think the real sad thing is what if it actually worked but they listed it as Junk :shock:


Probably fixable at the very least. :I
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Won a Panasonic LX-HD20 but...
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 14:09 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested
User avatar

Joined: 13 Feb 2018, 16:30
Posts: 55
Location: Thailand
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0 time
rein-o wrote:
I think the real sad thing is what if it actually worked but they listed it as Junk :shock:

I mean sure that'll be great IF it does work but then the shipping were like $150 so I didn't even bother.
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: brisket and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: