It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 18:53

Page 4 of 6 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: MSB LS-1 Platinum WOW
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2013, 01:55 
Yes. I think Louis_Steven is also cararte. The msb ls1 is based on Panasonic 600. Louis starts this thread and coincidentially cararte or Ricardo or magic_80s starts selling the same player. This is to try to push up the price or to get someone deceived in the false facts about the player. The MSb ls1 is only based on the Panasonic 600.

Beware magic_80s

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2013, 02:24 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Why the LS-1? Seriously there have to be better more surefire ways of scamming someone than listing a relatively obscure player for a group of relatively obscure collectors. Something ain't right upstairs.

Post subject: Re: MSB LS-1 Platinum WOW magic_80s beware
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2013, 05:36 
yes, though he could never prove the machine was actually posted when I purchased it off him 3 months ago. He then kept the postage money, even though ebay refunded me the cost of the player. He then claimed he got the player back in the mail (so the player supposedly went from portugal to australia and back to portugal again). The msb lsi has traveled around the world. ?? He is creating a lot of trouble for himself over a small amount of money.
One of the previous deals he did with another forum member - the machine was broken when it arrived, and he kept the money.

I agree with you, something is not right upstairs??

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2013, 19:26 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Yes Louis is Ricardo Thomas, the guy that rips off laserdisc fans. A big A-hole. Luckly most of us know that he should be avoided. Just post his name and aliases on all message board so everybody is warned.

One day I will be in Santarem Portugal (I'm quite often in Spain), a day he will regret.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2013, 19:26 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Yes Louis is Ricardo Thomas, the guy that rips off laserdisc fans. A big A-hole. Luckly most of us know that he should be avoided. Just post his name and aliases on all message board so everybody is warned.

One day I will be in Santarem Portugal (I'm quite often in Spain), a day he will regret.

Post subject: Re: MSB LS-1 Platinum WOW really panasonic lx 600
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2013, 05:00 
the msb ls-1 is based on the panasonic low end lx600. whereas the runco is based on the panasonic 900u.

the msb ls-1 is limited in digital video features and has no onboard digital analogue convertor.

it is the low transport model only

Post subject: Re: MSB LS-1 Platinum WOW panasonic lx 600
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2013, 05:39 
is you look up the panasonic lx 600 on laserdisc archive, you can see from the pictutes of the front and back of the unit that it was used for the msb ls-1. the unit is the same, the remote is the same, the limited digital functions are the same. the mash system was bypassed on the panasonic 600 and the panasonic name just painted over. the video and audio on the back are in the same position as the msb ls-1. clearly the bottom tier panasonic was used for the msb ls-1.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2013, 06:20 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

estott1967 wrote:
is you look up the panasonic lx 600 on laserdisc archive, you can see from the pictutes of the front and back of the unit that it was used for the msb ls-1. the unit is the same, the remote is the same, the limited digital functions are the same. the mash system was bypassed on the panasonic 600 and the panasonic name just painted over. the video and audio on the back are in the same position as the msb ls-1. clearly the bottom tier panasonic was used for the msb ls-1.

That's true, but speaking as someone who has both an LX-600 and LX-900, saying the LX-600 is "bottom tier" is a bit of an exaggeration. If you put aside all the extra features of the 900, the PQ is almost identical to the 600. In fact, the 600 lacks that "bug" (or oversight, whatever you want to call it) that cuts off the right 2% of the image on the 900.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2013, 14:38 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

naiaru wrote:
estott1967 wrote:

That's true, but speaking as someone who has both an LX-600 and LX-900, saying the LX-600 is "bottom tier" is a bit of an exaggeration. If you put aside all the extra features of the 900, the PQ is almost identical to the 600. In fact, the 600 lacks that "bug" (or oversight, whatever you want to call it) that cuts off the right 2% of the image on the 900.

Correct - the LX-600 was Panasonic's 2nd to the top model, it just didn't have digital FX or adjustable NR, but it used basically all the same circuits as the 900. And the same bulletproof U-Turn transport.

MSB switched to the 600 because the 900 has trouble sometimes recognizing CD's or LaserDisc's and it was causing them problems with the Runco's. So, for their own model, they went with the 600.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2013, 04:12 
Yes, the panasonics are good units. there is a panasonic LX-K670EX for 180 audollars. Looks like a good bargain. Pity it does not have optical digital out. Are you aware of any common problems with this unit.?

Post subject: Re: MSB LS-1 Platinum WOW panasonic
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2013, 04:15 
That 2 percent problem, did it only affect the 900?

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2013, 04:21 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

estott1967 wrote:
Yes, the panasonics are good units. there is a panasonic LX-K670EX for 180 audollars. Looks like a good bargain. Pity it does not have optical digital out. Are you aware of any common problems with this unit.?

It's a karaoke unit and isn't designed for video performance. Stay with the LX-900 if you want digital video NR and FX and the best video or the LX-600 if those special features don't matter - they are both excellent players, the 900 being better due to the adjustable DVNR and more advanced TBC and better DA converter. The LX-H680 has an AC-3 output and is the only Panasonic to do so - it was Panasonic's last US LaserDisc player, but it has no advanced features and its video is noisy. The 900 and 600 are the only players to go with if you care about quality.

Post subject: Re: MSB LS-1 Platinum WOW panasonic
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2013, 04:23 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

estott1967 wrote:
That 2 percent problem, did it only affect the 900?

Yea, because the entire signal is digitized and the sampling didn't pick up the last 25 pixels or so in the TBC. The Runco fixed that. It's not a big deal at all really.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2013, 04:30 
I have always enjoyed reading your posts. They offer a lot of information otherwise not found in the brochures and manuals. I will wait for a panasonic 900 then. Are there other places I can look other than ebay to purchase online. I am also interested in the denon la3500 and the runco studio version. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2013, 04:34 
I just googled ebay and a 680 just went in december for Price:US $87.00 . I will keep looking, hopefully another 680 or 900 will come up.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2013, 05:42 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

estott1967 wrote:
I have always enjoyed reading your posts. They offer a lot of information otherwise not found in the brochures and manuals. I will wait for a panasonic 900 then. Are there other places I can look other than ebay to purchase online. I am also interested in the denon la3500 and the runco studio version. Thanks in advance.

You could try sending Duncan an e-mail asking what players he has available.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2013, 07:22 
thank you

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2013, 22:22 
thank you naiaru, there is one player that Duncan and I are disscussing. I will buy it if the other party does not. The other party has shown an interest first. Duncan is very courteous and a man of his word. Thanks again. Great advice and a great link to Duncan. Thank you naiaru.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2013, 22:04 
Thank you, Duncan has sold me the player and I am very happy with the deal. Thank you for the link, you have been very courteous and helpful. As has been Duncan.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2013, 00:11 
True fan
True fan

estott1967 wrote:
Thank you, Duncan has sold me the player and I am very happy with the deal. Thank you for the link, you have been very courteous and helpful. As has been Duncan.

Is this the LD-S9 that you posted about on blu-ray.com?

TLK :cool:

Page 4 of 6 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next