It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:55

Page 5 of 6 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: MSB LS-1 Platinum WOW
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2013, 00:40 
Yes lizard king, I have always liked your handle. I was lucky enough that Duncan had one in stock. I also just managed to buy a second one off avforums. Now I just have to wait to watch some laserdiscs with the s9.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2013, 00:47 
By the way, how did you come up with lizardkingjr, a very catchy name.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2013, 05:19 
I always like to have a couple, at least, of the same machine. I have many elite machines, and then various pioneer and clones of pioneer. The funny thing is I have only ever had one deal go wrong. And it went wrong "every which way but loose". I have seen the s9 and above and I was always happy with my pioneer elites and below. However I thought it might be a good time to buy some s9's. I am watching laserdiscs more often and I prefer them over dvd and bluray.

I will however never buy a msb ls1. They are not worth it - especially the trouble involved with that particular one.

"beware the msb ls1" haha

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2013, 05:22 
msb ls1 gave me a lot of nightmares and problems

better off buying a panasonic lx600 for 100 us dollars. same machine and save a lot of money

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2013, 11:56 
True fan
True fan

estott1967 wrote:

I only guess, but lizard king was made famous by the doors in the song "celebration of the lizard" (I'm the lizard king, i can do anything), could be that's the inspiration, LizardKing was also the handle of one of the most known musicians in the computer demoscene in the 80s and 90s :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU-v5RcRtSY

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2013, 21:28 
You have a hld and an s9. You are very lucky and a wise buyer. I have not seen a hld for a long time. In your opinion is the s9 close to the hld?

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2013, 21:28 
I will look up that song and save it on my itunes.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2013, 23:09 
True fan
True fan

cpix wrote:
estott1967 wrote:

I only guess, but lizard king was made famous by the doors in the song "celebration of the lizard" (I'm the lizard king, i can do anything), could be that's the inspiration, LizardKing was also the handle of one of the most known musicians in the computer demoscene in the 80s and 90s :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU-v5RcRtSY

I am Jim Morrison's love child. :lol:

TLK :cool:

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 11:26 
True fan
True fan

estott1967 wrote:
You have a hld and an s9. You are very lucky and a wise buyer. I have not seen a hld for a long time. In your opinion is the s9 close to the hld?

The difference between the s9 and the x9 is almost none, but there are some differences that i enjoy, and that is that the x9 does not have the white smear that the s9 have (it's black instead, so not as visible). Also it have less crosstalk issues because of its red laser, which has a more narrow bandwidth. With picture quality it's hard to tell them apart, especially on my pioneer kuro, which cleans up the picture a lot and have a great comb filter.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 22:40 
cpix wrote:
estott1967 wrote:

The difference between the s9 and the x9 is almost none, but there are some differences that i enjoy, and that is that the x9 does not have the white smear that the s9 have (it's black instead, so not as visible). Also it have less crosstalk issues because of its red laser, which has a more narrow bandwidth. With picture quality it's hard to tell them apart, especially on my pioneer kuro, which cleans up the picture a lot and have a great comb filter.

Hi, do you use composite or s video please. Thank you very much for your information.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 22:54 
True fan
True fan

estott1967 wrote:
cpix wrote:
estott1967 wrote:

Hi, do you use composite or s video please. Thank you very much for your information.

I use composite straight in to my tv, mainly because the pioneer kuro have a "much" better 3d comb filter than the x9 do, awesome picture quality =)

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 01:49 
thank you,

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2013, 06:26 
the ld s9 has already arrived in australia and is being transported to my home . No problems, and it has been trackable all the way. The cost for door to door and picked up and delivered in the week was 266 pounds. first class insured. This is the way it should be.

unlike the msb ls1

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2013, 06:28 
it came further than portugal, the player was worth more, had correct tracking information.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2013, 06:29 
this is the player from the u.k

ld s9

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2013, 11:49 
True fan
True fan

estott1967 wrote:

ld s9

hm?

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2013, 22:53 
True fan
True fan

estott1967 wrote:

ld s9

I thought that you bought it from Duncan at Bayview Electronics? :wtf:

TLK :cool:

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2013, 04:47 
yes one from avforums, and one from duncan from bayview. The one from avforums was ufitsy as the seller.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2013, 04:50 
estott1967 wrote:
Yes lizard king, I have always liked your handle. I was lucky enough that Duncan had one in stock. I also just managed to buy a second one off avforums. Now I just have to wait to watch some laserdiscs with the s9.

yes, the one from avforums has arrived, Duncan's one will come when he has serviced it.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2013, 04:56 
Happy to wait for Duncans ld s9. Duncan makes sure the player is right, repaired etc, then sends them. Good reliable communication.
He has done evrything he says he will do.

Page 5 of 6 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next