It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:05

Page 3 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: CLD-R7G Arrived!
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2017, 01:44 
True fan
True fan

henry-silva wrote:
hey bud.
you didn't go for the CLD-R7G on german ebay which was sold recently?
seller was asking approx €799 if I remember correct?
the X9, did you buy this player from Japan?
there are 3 of them for sale on german ebay

Haha, the r7G, that was the one I was talking about, but I didn´t make a best offer. So, I guess someone else got it. I could have picked it up, but wasn´t sure if I wanted to spend money on this player. Well, this morning I saw on ebay this X9, within a driving distance, so I made a best offer. The guy replied immediately (turning my offer down, haha) and I thought, what the heck, I always wanted to have an high end player. End of story, I drove down 150km to pick up this X9 and ended buying also a japanese stepdown converter, as I wasn´t sure if the usual 110V converters would work or do damage to the player.
I still can´t believe what i did, but hey, as I saif, I always wanted to have one of those.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2017, 11:21 
exinferis wrote:
henry-silva wrote:
hey bud.
you didn't go for the CLD-R7G on german ebay which was sold recently?
seller was asking approx €799 if I remember correct?
the X9, did you buy this player from Japan?
there are 3 of them for sale on german ebay

Haha, the r7G, that was the one I was talking about, but I didn´t make a best offer. So, I guess someone else got it. I could have picked it up, but wasn´t sure if I wanted to spend money on this player. Well, this morning I saw on ebay this X9, within a driving distance, so I made a best offer. The guy replied immediately (turning my offer down, haha) and I thought, what the heck, I always wanted to have an high end player. End of story, I drove down 150km to pick up this X9 and ended buying also a japanese stepdown converter, as I wasn´t sure if the usual 110V converters would work or do damage to the player.
I still can´t believe what i did, but hey, as I saif, I always wanted to have one of those.

the X9 is a huge step from CLD-R7G you first was interested to buy!
I hope you got the X9 for a steal?

I wish you'll get trouble free ownership for many years ahead. :thumbup:

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2017, 00:41 
True fan
True fan

Hey henri-silva, just a short note :-) No, it wasn´t really a steal, I paid 1500.-€ for the player. He wanted 1800.- iirrc - I guess I wasn´t in my right mind when I did that, but hey, I´m looking since years for this player, never had the chance to get it any cheaper.I guess I bought it also, cause it was available in driving distance and it was actually imported from Japan. Condition is very good but not excellent. I always feared to import this player and get it damaged. The seller is a highend seller, he told me he is doing alot of imports, but mainly amp and turntables. He wanted me to have some of his japanese Lds, but they were mediocre and he wanted too much.I hope that I have a troublefree ownership for a long time, haha, thanx!

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2017, 14:28 
exinferis wrote:
Hey henri-silva, just a short note :-) No, it wasn´t really a steal, I paid 1500.-€ for the player. He wanted 1800.- iirrc - I guess I wasn´t in my right mind when I did that, but hey, I´m looking since years for this player, never had the chance to get it any cheaper.I guess I bought it also, cause it was available in driving distance and it was actually imported from Japan. Condition is very good but not excellent. I always feared to import this player and get it damaged. The seller is a highend seller, he told me he is doing alot of imports, but mainly amp and turntables. He wanted me to have some of his japanese Lds, but they were mediocre and he wanted too much.I hope that I have a troublefree ownership for a long time, haha, thanx!

i just noticed you mentioned the price earlier, i missed that, sorry

I'm also looking for an X9 but fear to buy it coz of the risk of transport damage by incompetent delivery companies.
swedish post does not take any responsibility if they drop and break something!
swed post say, person who shipped item should have made a better packing therefore no claim from us as we don't take responsibility.

it's easier to ship a CLD-R7G.
use a tall sturdy box with cutout side grab handles for easy carrying transportation.
pack player in thick bubble wrap and soft absorbing packing materials making player float.
only an idiot delivery guy from an idiot delivery company could break an R7G if player was packed safe

the X9 is more difficult to pack safe due to it's weight.
need a good box, filler materials and a custom size wooden pallet to ship safe

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2017, 22:19 
True fan
True fan

Yes, the guy who sold me the player was a pro, he told me he uses a real fast carrier and pays extra for a good packaging. That justifies the high price a little bit.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 15:57 
exinferis wrote:
Yes, the guy who sold me the player was a pro, he told me he uses a real fast carrier and pays extra for a good packaging. That justifies the high price a little bit.

alles top! :thumbup:

Page 3 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3