It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 08:17

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Added another Pioneer LD
PostPosted: 17 May 2017, 14:46 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

For few years been running the Pioneer DVL-909 NTSC/PAL AC-3. A few years ago I brought a cheap Pioneer CLD-2850 with some +20 or so laserdiscs and for while had the 2850 sat in the bedroom on a sofa.

Few nights ago I removed one of the other items in the rack to make some space for the 2850 and connected up to one of front inputs on Onkyo TX-SR875 as all the inputs on the back are used up.

The picture on 2850 is fair its not great, its okay but I wouldn't mind the CLD-2950 up and running with few spare prats to get it operational.

Downside on the CLD-2850 is the analouge audio on PAL discs is "dead sound output" expect for NTSC analouge that plays. The 2950 and I believe my CLD-1750 works on analouge PAL sound but been some years since I had those players running.

Both the DVL-909/CLD-2850 sound quiet or audible while running a laserdisc.

I had some troubles with noise being carried though to the audio inputs/outputs on the CLD-2850 being used with video output which seems to be not grounded with low level buzz that is many -db down but I can detect it. Unplugging the video from the front inputs on the AVR isolated the noise. Okay I have lots of inputs on the LG tv so I might as well use one of the video inputs that solved the issue of the noise.

I not tested the outputs directly from player to an RTA to see if I can see any noise to start guessing if there is a break in maybe a possible soldering joint on the player or just bad grounding? As the video would be grounded along with analouge L/R outputs or maybe its + positive? Or could be the AVR? I'll look closely at it later on and plug the 2850 into one inputs on the back of the AVR to see if the noise still happens or not as that will then focus my attention to a likely possible grounding issue on the AVR front inputs.

Optical output/input is of course noise free when using digital optical with the video still connected, so that has me thinking its a small no big huge deal on analouge side to figure out the problem?

Had to remove of the Dolby Stereo cinema processors CP55 as its about 5U frame size and I needed at least 1.5" space to slip the CLD-2850 between that wasn't happening. Now it seem like I could slip 3rd Pioneer laserdisc player between?

Currently 6 players are being used with a few more in the bedroom on rack shelves.

I guess they make some sort of HDMI expander with 4 or 6 inputs that can be plugged into one of the regular HDMI multi inputs to expand the amount video/audio sources without the need of buying a new AVR as well as LR inputs and any other inputs.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]