It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 09:58

Page 3 of 5 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Choose my first LD player
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2018, 08:53 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Now talking about a beast this one is the real deal.
http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/q198740937
Pioneer LD-X1 the weight of it alone will kill me and my wallet.
Back to my Pioneer CLD-F1...what I'm the highest bidder you can't be serious!
5 hours left and I'm still the highest bidder,what the hell were no one into LD in Japan nowadays or something?
I'm just playing around and bid 100 yen higher than starting bid and I'm winning it lol.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2018, 11:22 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

You're in Thailand, don't you have any Thai-based online secondhand marketplaces to look through?

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2018, 13:49 
Honest fan
Honest fan

takeshi666 wrote:
You're in Thailand, don't you have any Thai-based online secondhand marketplaces to look through?

If that was the case then I wouldn't be asking you guys,I already searched for hours and nothing come up.
Only that basic Panasonic are available and the asking price are not cheap for entry level player.
I just won an auction on buyee yahoo auction,its the Pioneer CLD-F1 that won without a single competition.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2018, 15:02 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Well nothing might not come up now, but keep your eyes peeled. I had to wait eight months for another player to pop up for sale locally!

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2018, 18:32 
Honest fan
Honest fan

takeshi666 wrote:
Well nothing might not come up now, but keep your eyes peeled. I had to wait eight months for another player to pop up for sale locally!

My local A/V store will keep me inform about new (old) arrivals what a great store that I bought my first turntable from few years ago.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2018, 22:23 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

In some areas of asia karaoke players were more common. Might have better luck finding one from different sources there...

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2018, 03:05 
Honest fan
Honest fan

happycube wrote:
In some areas of asia karaoke players were more common. Might have better luck finding one from different sources there...

Karaoke players was very popular here as well but unfortunately not Laserdisc players we mostly used Video CD,DVD and even PC karaoke at restaurants.
I saw three of them on sale as parts or for display only.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2018, 09:18 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

What are you guys talking about?? He just won the player on y!jp.

Congrats on winning the F1 for a good price. If you're using Buyee you should have a smooth experience. Just request extra packing after it arrives with them. It's quite clear how/when to do this.

From Japan is a little cheaper but not as user friendly imo.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2018, 09:28 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I'm already requested secured packing but I'll probably pay for the shipping later this month because I want to take advantage of their free 30 day warehouse storage.
The player itself weigh around 9 kg and I got it for 5,100 yen just add 100 yen above the starting bid and I won.
At least it won't get stuck in the country for 5 days like Pitney Bowes did with my V2600 which I discovered another damage it's the skip previous button got stuck in pressed position and won't budge.
And yes the seller were nice enough to get me a full refund.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2018, 10:24 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I finally received the player hooked it up and...disappointed,it powered up the opening and closing mechanism is smooth but when I hit play nothing happens...tried put a CD inside and press play nothing happened
I'll put this on the AV store and let's see if they can fix it.
If not then the Panasonic LX-H170 is still up for grabs...

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2018, 10:35 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

:( Ah that sucks, sorry to hear it.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2018, 10:36 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

discolaservision wrote:

And yes the seller were nice enough to get me a full refund.

8-) Ask and you shall receive. Ebay/paypal is pretty amazing for honest buyers who have problems.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2018, 11:16 
Honest fan
Honest fan

forper wrote:

It's a shame really because the player arrived in great condition powering up no problem tray open and close very smooth it just don't read the disc.
Because if it does then it will know which disc I'm put in but after few seconds nothing appears on screen.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2018, 23:12 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

discolaservision wrote:
forper wrote:

It's a shame really because the player arrived in great condition powering up no problem tray open and close very smooth it just don't read the disc.
Because if it does then it will know which disc I'm put in but after few seconds nothing appears on screen.

Did the original ad say the player was definitely working? I'd always buy from ads that have pics of the player actually playing with the counter up on the LCD.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2018, 01:19 
Honest fan
Honest fan

forper wrote:
discolaservision wrote:
forper wrote:

Did the original ad say the player was definitely working? I'd always buy from ads that have pics of the player actually playing with the counter up on the LCD.

Yes the seller did say that it works it can be the transport that loosen some parts inside or something or the dust build up inside then again it sit inside the warehouse for over 2 weeks until I shipped it to my address.
I almost couldn't find the cosmetic flaw it just about closest as it gets to excellent condition from the outside.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2018, 04:14 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

If it was not fully powered-off or shut down before shipment then the laser can slide freely front to back as the box is tilted and the ribbon cable can tear and then the machine is a paperweight as in the U.S. the part is not available. The end of the power-off or shut down process a bar with teeth or groves is moved into position and holds a tab of the laser to keep it from moving.

I have a couple X0's to work on that have the same mechanism and both were shipped without the bar locking the pickup. Buyer wants me to make a good one from the two units. I'm going to try but you never know, one has a torn ribbon cable and the other doesn't.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2018, 04:51 
Honest fan
Honest fan

krbahr wrote:
If it was not fully powered-off or shut down before shipment then the laser can slide freely front to back as the box is tilted and the ribbon cable can tear and then the machine is a paperweight as in the U.S. the part is not available. The end of the power-off or shut down process a bar with teeth or groves is moved into position and holds a tab of the laser to keep it from moving.

I have a couple X0's to work on that have the same mechanism and both were shipped without the bar locking the pickup. Buyer wants me to make a good one from the two units. I'm going to try but you never know, one has a torn ribbon cable and the other doesn't.

That could be one of the issue...I mean after the tray closes I hear a single thud sound and nothing else after that no other sound coming from the player I should've heard some attempt to read the disc but no it just silence after the thud sound.
I open the tray just to realize that not an inch of the disc spin it just stayed the same spot it was put in.
I'm confused since this is a really clean looking player it didn't even looked old.
Remember the promising V2600 that I ended up got one damaged courtesy of Pitney Bowes?
The damages are worse than I thought,I tried testing it and all I got was droning sound probably from the tray mechanism powered up and droning sound goes on for 10 seconds and then error code E-01 appears and of course the tray didn't even open.
According to CLD-925 error codes E1 is slider error play problem but my was E-01 the damage from mishandling must've exacerbate the problem even more.
What a day...

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2018, 14:14 
True fan
True fan

Unfortunately I found this to be the nature of buying laserdisc players on the internet, even with good packing there is always a risk for damage from rough handling, I have had my share of mishaps shipping players, but I've also been lucky, I packed and shipped one of my players across the continental US, when I picked it up the box was half ripped open, luckily the player is intact and still working.

When starting out with LD a player is the real challenge, some people get lucky and start with a good reliable machine, others have to struggle going through players until they find a good working unit.
I fall into the latter, it took time and several broken players before I got one that was actually reliable. Just have patience, if you truly are into LD as a hobby you will find a good player eventually, it just takes time.

My advice would be to look into that Panasonic player, test it out and make sure its working, it might be able to hold you over until something else shows, those players don't look half bad to me.
Even if it's a bit more a working local player is always a better bet then gambling a player online, as long its not crazy expensive.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2018, 15:04 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Here's one for all of you.
I have 4 players, only able to open one of them a D503 to setup in my workroom, I know this player worked but it has very few hrs on it.
When I open it all is fine but then when I press play it will close and I hear the laser move all the way back and then it spits the disc out.
If I press close then wait and press play its all fine with no issues.

This mind you is all from me packing it, putting it inside of a container and then only me handling it and opening the box.
Just the breaks of how these players are getting. I would never ship a player anymore and do feel lucky that I have 4 players with one other coming soon from Grasshopper.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2018, 15:57 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I'm now bidding for another one on Yahoo Auction it's the Pioneer CLD-99S (Equivalent to CLD-3030 in US) it's a little dusty but claimed to have no issues on the player.
But the starting bid are at 1 yen and bid 2 yen for it and if I win then seems like a pretty good player to try my luck at again since I'll basically pay for the shipping not the item.
I wish I knew better to bid low as hell because even if I pay top dollar for one of these doesn't mean it will work by the time it on my deck.
(I still feel the pain by the sight of that damaged V2600)
At this point any LD player of any makers would suffice for me now I just want one that works to test out few of the rare anime LDs I got for f**k's sake!

Page 3 of 5 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next