It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 07:55

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Is this guy asking too much for LD-660?
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 04:32 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I heard that this is a surprisingly good player to play older discs,GM discs and Discovision discs so I got interested since I want to buy some Discovision movies but the newer player would not play them at all or have playback problems with it.
It's a entry level bare bones player that according to many of you guys are your first LD player since you can get them pretty cheap back in the days,but it also shared pretty much the same look as LD-1100 which I adored its looks.
Now I found LD-660 on ebay the seller was being real vague about his item description "Original laserdisc made and purchased in Japan 1981. Still works like new."
It did looked almost spotless and it did powered on but the price...it's $100...which is the same as another seller asking for the LD-1100.
He didn't even intended to ship this internationally so I asked him for that and he said that I have to pay $150 for shipping but he'll throw me four laserdiscs for that as well.
Is this guy reaching a bit for a price of this old basic LD-660?
Well time to make offer I think...

Post subject: Re: Is this guy asking too much for LD-660?
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 05:28 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Do you actually own any discovision discs right now??? And what player do you own now??

I ask because I've only had issues with some of the GM discs not playing on standard players, but these for the most part are sometimes boring, i.e. watching people
on an assembly line or talking about how some parts of cars work and how you should fix them.
Only some of these demo discs are any fun and all play fine on my standard LD players other than the special GM discs.

As for price, its really up to what you want to pay.
Shipping is going to be high no matter what.
Is the seller a real LD and player dealer and knows what they are doing or did they just pick it up from some type of storage sale.

Since you are overseas you must be careful since the shipping is what you will end up paying working or not, or broken in shipping.
Good luck,

Post subject: Re: Is this guy asking too much for LD-660?
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 06:04 
Honest fan
Honest fan

rein-o wrote:
Do you actually own any discovision discs right now??? And what player do you own now??

I ask because I've only had issues with some of the GM discs not playing on standard players, but these for the most part are sometimes boring, i.e. watching people
on an assembly line or talking about how some parts of cars work and how you should fix them.
Only some of these demo discs are any fun and all play fine on my standard LD players other than the special GM discs.

As for price, its really up to what you want to pay.
Shipping is going to be high no matter what.
Is the seller a real LD and player dealer and knows what they are doing or did they just pick it up from some type of storage sale.

Since you are overseas you must be careful since the shipping is what you will end up paying working or not, or broken in shipping.
Good luck,

I didn't have any Discovision discs but I do interested in buying one,I'm not into GM discs just good to know that it can play it well that's all.
I'm still waiting for my Pioneer CLD-V2600 which will arrive next week (I hope) that's the player I'll own by that time.
Not much I can do with shipping cost I guess,gotta have to deal with it being a new LD fan in this corner of the world...
The seller is definitely just starting off or selling off his own stuff I think because he only he have like 10 items to sell and no seller rating of course,according to his item description he sure was pretty clueless around the stuff.
If he refused my offer of $50 for the player then I would have to call it quits.
Or I wait few months and buy LD-1100 instead.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]