It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 12:36

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pioneer DVL-919 vs CLD-R5 vs CLD-R7G
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2018, 18:11 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Well looking for more recent Japanese player and I just want to know which one is the best?
919 seemed to be the most versatile but not exactly that reliable? (since I see so many of them on yahoo auction as junk items not much that are fully functional even if it's one of the newest player out there I found fully working on auction that I lost and that one were made in late 2008.
R7G is the one with LD-G built in and it looked great but other than I don't know about the model I found one boxed and is fully working.
R5 is the most common "R" player that popped up on yahoo auction but didn't found many in fully working condition.
R5 is also the lightest player of the three I think weighed just 6.4 kg according to Pioneer site,that'll save me some money on shipping.
And R4 were always priced way out of my budget for some reason I'm suspecting it's equivalent to Elite model in the states?
R7G auction on the other hand are in immaculate condition but I think this is a hot auction will not go down without some serious bidding fight it just take one japanese LD fan to start quite a fight,that's why I lost to both DVL-919,Pioneer LD-S1 and Pioneer HLD-X9 auctions.

Post subject: Re: Pioneer DVL-919 vs CLD-R5 vs CLD-R7G
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2018, 20:39 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

The three you are listing in the title are all the same age and easier to work on but still no parts.
When I bought an R7G it came with damage, back then I sent it to a tech who could fix it and had parts.
Now if I received the same player I would be able to get it back together myself but can't get any replacement parts.

Players like the 2070, S1 etc are older and harder to repair without special parts, also if you are not comfortable fixing yourself or tweeking stuff then you are
going to be at a disadvantage.

909, 919, R7G are all good players, I believe the R5 is a lower end of the R line but working will still be a good player just not as much.
But then again you aren't going to use S-Video anyway, and if you were to use it you would run it though some type of adapter as NO TVs now have it.

And that's an entirely different topic altogether

Post subject: Re: Pioneer DVL-919 vs CLD-R5 vs CLD-R7G
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2018, 04:40 
Honest fan
Honest fan

rein-o wrote:
The three you are listing in the title are all the same age and easier to work on but still no parts.
When I bought an R7G it came with damage, back then I sent it to a tech who could fix it and had parts.
Now if I received the same player I would be able to get it back together myself but can't get any replacement parts.

Players like the 2070, S1 etc are older and harder to repair without special parts, also if you are not comfortable fixing yourself or tweeking stuff then you are
going to be at a disadvantage.

909, 919, R7G are all good players, I believe the R5 is a lower end of the R line but working will still be a good player just not as much.
But then again you aren't going to use S-Video anyway, and if you were to use it you would run it though some type of adapter as NO TVs now have it.

And that's an entirely different topic altogether

I'm sticking with composite anyway but 919 are in a demand of some kind in Japan being one of the last model to be produced.
The price they going for a fully working 919 aren't exactly that expensive but it's enough it will break my wallet with the shipping combined.
R7G auction will have to wait for at least 4 days before I decide to bid on it since I'm suspecting it will be a hot one,being one in original package,sealed manual,barely used remote control and pristine player and is working well.
here's the R7G auction:https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/m259882883
I'm eyeing on the R5 at this time a fully working player is now on top of my priority over a higher spec player,it could change if the R7G auction did flew under the radar but I doubt it though.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]