It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:45

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sony TA E9000ES
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2014, 01:06 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I managed to pick this amazing pre-amp for the low low cost of free. :lol: The overal build quality and features it offers are stunning. If you can managed to pick one up for a low price, I recommend it. Dont let the addition of adding an amp scare you away, used amps can be picked up for a relatively good price. The Amp in the picture is a Rotel rb 956ax, and its a nice piece of equipment also. Its not the same level of quailty of the sony but its still well built.

You can see in the inside, all the capacitors are are nichicon fine gold, and the wire management is very tidy and neat. The card in the top right of the picture is actually the AC-3 demodulation board.

Overall I'm very happy with this setup, the only thing that really looks out of place is my LD player. All the sexy brushed aluminum of the sony and rotel and then ugly flat black of the proscan.

Post subject: Re: Sony TA E9000ES
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2014, 08:00 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

There are many revisions, of this is one of their last av preamps and was sold for years..

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2014, 14:39 
Honest fan
Honest fan

tkmedia wrote:
There are many revisions, of this is one of their last av preamps and was sold for years..

I've had the chance to watch several movies with this combo, one ac-3 and one PCM and I have to say it does sound wonderful. The only thing left to replace are the front stand speakers, I'm still astounded by the features and quality of this pre-amp.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2014, 15:49 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Congrats on your acquisition. I saw one of these on E-bay and was amazed at the inputs and outputs it has as well as its AC3 capabilities. The ES on end of the model name shows that Sony put some effort into its design and manufacture.

I have a Sony DA2ES AVR and it seems excellent both in sound and video quality (it lacks the AC3 input however). I am using an SDP-E800 for the AC3 conversion.
CED
934-54780150, 934.54810350, SJT-200, CED-1, 3-VIP1000, VIP201P

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2014, 16:16 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

ES = Elevated Standards in Sony

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2014, 19:17 
Honest fan
Honest fan

substance wrote:
ES = Elevated Standards in Sony

Very true, and I would have to agree with this part. I've read this was the first flagship model of sony not to include a copper frame. :thumbdown:

The corresponding amp that is meant to go with this pre-amp looks to be very beautiful as well. Unfortunately I was not lucky enough to get it with this pre-amp.

dumbchemist wrote:
Congrats on your acquisition. I saw one of these on E-bay and was amazed at the inputs and outputs it has as well as its AC3 capabilities. The ES on end of the model name shows that Sony put some effort into its design and manufacture.

I have a Sony DA2ES AVR and it seems excellent both in sound and video quality (it lacks the AC3 input however). I am using an SDP-E800 for the AC3 conversion.

One of the reasons I chased after this pre-amp, it will work not only with my LD player, but my blueray player and Apple TV. I acquired a Pioneer vsx d3s, but its input options were very limited. It only had 1 AC-3 input and 1 coaxial input, so multiple inputs was not possible.

The SDP-E800 are very clean looking and fit a good form factor. If I hadn't acquired this pre-amp one of those would have been top of my list.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]