It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:29

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Looking for owner's and/or service manual for pioneer SP-D07
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2015, 20:09 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

I am willing to pay you a few dollars for your trouble if you have to scan your copy. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Looking for owner's and/or service manual for pioneer SP
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2015, 19:15 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I just found this post - the unit I have came with the owners manual.

I'd be happy to scan it and send to you. It's all Japanese of course. If there's anything of particular interest in it to you and you'd like an English translation I have abby finereader which can OCR hiragana/katakana/kanji quite reliably and then use an internet translation. I tried it out with some error codes from the X9 service manual scan here, it's not the sharpest scan but with a little editing of the Japanese characters I got an end result that really made sense!

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2015, 18:46 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

There's already a scan of the Japanese owner's manual hosted here at LDDb. What would be most useful would be the English manuals for the Elite SP-D99, which is the same unit with a different nameplate.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2015, 01:54 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

That's the copy I submitted over the weekend :)

Yes, an English version would be much more useful. Dim memories of a couple of words and a few hiragana/katakana from some high school Japanese just doesn't cut it!

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2015, 14:07 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

publius wrote:
There's already a scan of the Japanese owner's manual hosted here at LDDb. What would be most useful would be the English manuals for the Elite SP-D99, which is the same unit with a different nameplate.

Will be sending to Julien pronto. As soon as it finishes getting the right size. I thought I had already sent in the english manual for SP-99D but I hadn't yet. Having sent in manuals for LD-S1 and LD-S2 and CLD-980 it will be hard to say when Julien will upload.

EDIT: its now sent. I can upload a copy to my site if any needs it immediately.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2015, 08:35 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Thanks xtempo!

In the meantime I got bored yesterday stuck at home off work due to illness so I came up with this translation of the block diagram in the Japanese manual as I was curious about it:

I was a little disappointed to find it appears the 4-channel input (Line 2) bypasses the crossover network section so presumably the crossover frequency control for the sub-woofer and speaker settings like the 'small' and 'large' selections wouldn't function. It pretty much just seems to be a pass-through which splits the rear into 2 and bleeds off a sub-woofer signal from the fronts and centre.

To use the 4-channel input as that, the unit needs to be set to 'surround off', otherwise processing is applied to the front left and right channels only. So for B-mode audio this is what you'd do to apply pro-logic processing, but for A-mode 3+1 surround needs to be turned off to pass the 4 channels through; otherwise you get pro-logic processing of just the front left and right of A-mode and the centre and surround channels are missing.

I had a listen to the sub-woofer out (A-mode in, surround off) plugged through the centre input of the amp and some form of low-pass/high-cut filter seems to be in place - it's definitely not full range. But the crossover setting has no effect as I assumed above, there is no momentary mute when the setting is changed as is the case when pro-logic processing is happening. Changing the speaker size settings does bring a momentary mute in output, though it does not appear to be fully functional - for example turning the centre setting to off does mute the centre speaker, but it is not redistributed to the front left and right.

Still I'm happy with it overall as it does provide a neat way of deriving a sub-woofer output, and adjusting levels for A-mode audio.

Last edited by audioboyz1973 on 05 Nov 2015, 03:45, edited 5 times in total. _________________
Looking for Hi-Vision Discs (MUSE or HDVS).......

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2015, 21:41 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

I was very interested in this unit when I got my muse gear but later I found better. I am using a Creative Labs DTS-610 DTS encoder. It is a small box with 3 stereo 3.5mm phono jacks for 5.1ch input and has digital coaxial output to the receiver. It encodes the 5.1ch analog input into 5.1ch DTS in 1.5mbps. My muse decoder Sony MSC-4000 has 5ch output (rear ch is doubled mono), I feed these 5ch into DTS-610, obviously no subwoofer input. DTS-610 outputs 5.1 with a blank subwoofer .1 ch. The advantage is since I am feeding my AV processor digital, it applies bass management and sends the bass from the main speakers into subwoofer.

if you unplug 2 of the 3.5mm phono plugs, DTS-610 goes into DTS 2.0 Stereo.

SP-D07 + DTS-610 might be even better. SP-D07 would feed 5.1ch with a pseudo subwoofer into DTS-610 for a 5.1 DTS 1.5mbps output. Any receiver should be able to apply bass management on this signal, you can even apply DTS Neo 6 to make it 7.1.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]