It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:14

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Yamaha APD-1
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2015, 00:46 
Hello everyone, I have an APD-1 demodulator from Yamaha and am wondering if there is something wrong with it--when i turn the thing "on" the "demodulate" light does not light up, so am wondering do I need an AC-3 disc in the LD player that has that signal FIRST for that light to go on or not? I do not have an AC-3 disc to try it out with and was wondering if it worked/if that demod light was supposed to go on even without a disc with AC-3 on it. Any feedback would be helpful. (If it isn't working I don't think I'll bother to collect AC-3 discs rather than keep putting money into the deal). By the way, my LD player DOES have the AC-3 output, its a Pioneer cld-kvt110 (love it).

Thanks, Mark

Post subject: Re: Yamaha APD-1
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2015, 01:45 
Serious fan
Serious fan

The tiny light will only light up with an AC3 disc being played.

I only have 2 discs
Commemorative Release of Queen AC3, which is mediocre AC3 as it is an old concert they upped to 5.1.
And Stargate AC3, awesome in 5.1
so only with those 2 discs i can see the light light up :? ;)

Post subject: Re: Yamaha APD-1
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2015, 02:03 
Thanks so much. I was debating on whether to buy a set of the Star Wars release with THX (isn't that release still without the new special effects?) and I also wanted to find Capricorn One and Independence Day to watch.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]