every digital equipmet have cmos memory :idea: :!:

here example
http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/mskarkwggz/GALLERY/show_image.html?id=35258355&no=3

ps

ha connector on 8-) hd bs victor hr-z1 is digital port

Quote:
Ha
Timer on the phone while away from home
Ri Muso telephone Con Bok roller Ding sold separately - in combination with \ ^ 00, recording reservation on the phone, evening over Bok recording database, reservation cancellation, the 卷戻 of one shake, 0-70 户 de power, stop, input switching Bok confirmation of the presence or absence, I can from home who Koruga go.
The rear of the projector
Eight V combination Yu link
Ding Toso 丨 捌売 00)
Typical

5 times
To one jack for modular terminal 罨話 to (video) teleconference Bok roll pin
I prepare the system V Ding Rehonkon Bok b step one
^ The Do you have configured to read well Ding \ 100 people "Instruction harm" ...
Two
I prepare the video (the camera)
I turn on the power Bok session with a ① nails.
I will at once must copy the remote control code switch on the body ②.
I turn off the power ③.
Three
Call reservation

http://videokarma.org/showpost.php?p=3077371&postcount=3ImageImage

Last edited by Guest on 07 Aug 2013, 04:26, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Panasonic TU-AHD100
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2013, 19:15 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Just because a device has memory does not mean that the contents of the memory can be altered through an interface.
This type of unit is old enough that its programming may be held in EPROM. The usual way of changing the programming is to physically remove the EPROM chip, & insert a different one.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2013, 05:56 
Hey Guys,

I have a similar setup. My LD player is the Pioneer HLD-XO. And my MUSE decoder is the Panasonic TU-AHD100N. In case it matters, my TV is the Mitsubishi LDT551V and receiver is the Onkyo PR-SC885. I also have a scaler; but, it's not a part of the signal chain.

Hi-Vision playback is working. But, it's not as sharp as I had hoped. My SD playback is great. I was hoping you guys could give me ideas on how to improve my MUSE signal.

For testing purposes, I'm using the same TV, LD player, and video receiver (converting analog signal to HDMI). Regarding the test media, I made it as "apples to apples" as possible. For SD playback, I'm using Lawrence of Arabia CAV. For HD playback, I'm using Lawrence of Arabia Hi-Vision CLV.

HD:

SD:

HD:

SD:

HD:

SD:

Thanks!

-Brian

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2013, 06:52 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

All I can see that you're really commenting on is the "ghosting" of the on-screen display. That will always happen, with any decoder, because of the way that the character generator in the player works. If you need me to verify that, I can do it with one of my other decoders (Sony MST-2000, Sony MSC-3000, Victor HV-VMD1). Other than that, all I can see is the screen-door effect of the display.

The high-definition transfer of Lawrence is known to have a problem with edge enhancement, applied in an attempt to compensate for a certain degree of softness. The Blu-Ray has the same problem, although it was tweaked a bit. You can compare them if you like.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2013, 16:31 
First of all, thank you for your response. There aren't many people that can answer questions on Hi-Vision Laserdisc.

This is my one and only MUSE decoder. So, I'm not all too sure what's considered "normal" or not. I haven't personally seen any other MUSE setup. But, I have seen screenshots and video clips on the internet. I've seen that other folks had (what seemed) a sharper picture. I got the impression that there may be some room for improvement.

Now that I know the MUSE decoder component of my signal chain is the most likely place to look, are there any adjustments I can make? I've already opened-up my TU-AHD100N and there is a lot of hardware crammed in that little box! There are also many POTs in there. Do any of those adjust edge alignment?

I also have a bunch of basic test equipment: digital o-scope, programmable function generator, LCZ, etc. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty, if I had a service manual. Would you happen to have one for this decoder? I also have Pioneer's test/calibration LD for SD. Did Pioneer ever make one for HD?

Sorry for all of the questions...

-Brian

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2013, 00:24 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I have the Sony consumer Test Disc, & I would be willing to rent you both that & a different decoder if you wanted. I know that Sony made MUSE alignment discs, but I'm not sure about Pioneer (there may be a reference in the HLD-X0 or X9 service manuals), although it seems likely. Finding one appears to be a non-trivial problem.

I do not have a service manual for the TU-AHD100/100N, & I wish I did, because I have a second unit which stops decoding MUSE after ten minutes, & will only turn on when physically set a certain way (I suspect a flaky circuit-board trace, which can be affected by gravity or thermal expansion). The only thing I was able to get by writing to Panasonic world headquarters was the operator's manual, which I have contributed to LDDb. There are many adjustments through the remote control. I don't have a remote, nor am I sure how to get one, but I'm working on using the rear-panel RS-422 to simulate it (as described in the manual). I would not recommend tweaking any of the internal pots.

One thing I will suggest is the following. If you are using MUSE input 1, change to 2 or 3. The default setup assumes that input 1 is coming from an external tuner of some kind, & the signal processing is somewhat different. Of course, this can be changed through the amazingly complex menu system, & your unit may have had some of its settings changed, but it's a place to start. There is some kind of a noise-reduction/picture-quality circuit called MUSE AI, & I'd really like to turn that on & off to see the effect.

Meanwhile, it would be very useful if you could carefully describe your setup, from player to display, including everything in the video signal chain, & also describe what it is that you're seeing that you aren't happy with.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2013, 16:36 
I didn't realize my MUSE decoder used different signal processing, depending on which input I used. I'll input 2, rather than input 1. That is a good suggestion.

Currently, I'm using the RCA Y/PB/PR HD output on my MUSE decoder. I have that connected to my Onkyo PR-SC885 A/V receiver. I then connect the HDMI output from my receiver to my TV.

I'd really like to take advantage of the BNC-based R/G/B/H/V HD output. I've tried directly connecting my MUSE decoder to my TV. However, my TV doesn't seem to recognize the signal.

I've also tried connecting the BNC output from my MUSE decoder to my DVDO VP50 scaler. I've had mixed results with that. The power supply for my scaler recently died and am awaiting a replacement.

I'll take a look at making adjustments via the RS-422 port. I also may take you up on your test disc (and maybe MUSE decoder) rental offer.

-Brian

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2017, 05:52 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

For anyone who is interested : The remote control unit specified for this model, Panasonic TNQ10454, has proven very difficult to find.
I purchased a model TNQ10456, in the hope that it might be compatible. So far as my tests up to now have indicated, none of the controls has any effect, except that the left-hand three buttons in the third row on the "M-N Converter" section do switch between aspect ratios when upscaling an NTSC signal. And that's actually pretty useful.
To be specific, the buttons are labeled フル (full), ノーマル (normal), ズーム (zoom). "Full" would be the setting for 16:9 content (the incoming video signal fills the frame) ; "Normal" pillarboxes 4:3 into 16:9 ; and "Zoom" would be the setting for letterboxed content (a 16:9 center cut of the incoming video fills the frame).

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2017, 10:56 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Dear Publius,
as I am thing about stopping MUSE collection (too expensive for me... and my HLD-X0 died...) I am selling my MUSE things.
I own the TNQ10454 remote control, in average condition, but working fine.
If you can buy it for a good price, I can sell it to you. You can MP me.
Lumagen 2144 (scaler)
Collection

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2