It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:36

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Speaker question
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2012, 22:11 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I have the Projector and it does not have sound. I am just looking for something easy to hook up and would be happy if there were speaker jacks on the speakers as opposed to speaker wires. I am just looking to plug straight in and possibly have the volume on the speaker. If not I am going to have to haul out my Receiver and hook it up. Not looking forward to that. However, if I have to does anyone have any ideas for wireless speakers that are good?
Thanks
Chris

Post subject: Re: Speaker question
PostPosted: 07 Apr 2012, 15:06 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

If you want "good sound", I don't believe that wireless speakers can deliver. If your looking for a really cheap solution, you can buy some computer speakers as they generally are powered and have a simple analog input. If your going to buy "normal speakers" than your going to have to have an amplifier as they will just have regular speaker terminals which are not compatible with RCA/3.5mm outputs.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2012, 23:09 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Or you can get some "expensive" active speakers.
There are some really nice pairs starting around $500+ (with open end of course).
They include an amplifier.
Tho I don't believe in wireless either.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2012, 01:50 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Ok, I will continue my search, lol.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2012, 15:45 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

Go to eBay and look for second/hand decent in working order loudspeakers. Buy a first pair of someone then look for the same model again and buy that pair and so on. (Buy it now) only if you can at the cheapest silly going price, with sensible postal price! Believe me, there are plenty of them going about on eBay.

What do you want? Matching all around bookshelf that way they’ll be easy to put on wall brackets around the sidewalls and rear back wall at least several for the sidewalls and rear back at least 4 or more so you don’t get that crappy hole in the centre phantom you want even sound spread across the back and even on sidewalls so that your surrounded.

Fronts all placed at the same height evenly spread for decent stereo between left/right, (don’t never get a mismatched speaker for centre, and always use the same loudspeaker matched to ensure that timber balance tonal sounds remain the same but its a lot more than that).

You could also buy larger ones for the front towers, don’t bother, get some good PA speakers with high sensitivity to power and frequency response even if its good enough down 30Hz and up to 16KHz or 20KHz beyond not that you’ll ever hear the higher pitched tones.

Use sub/s between each LCRS that is each channel has its own sub to extend the lows down lower. For the boom channel LFE.1 use same subs again their role is to only play the LFE.1 track as and when it comes into the mix its never always active don’t use bass management on discrete film mixes it sucks badly! Its never used in cinemas expect for optical soundtracks where its used to extend lows over LCR best used with SR soundtracks.

Get an AVR that has (8 or more pre-inputs to 8 or more outputs) so you can then go about to customizing with your own selection of electronic crossover networks outboard 1/3 octave EQ and power amplifiers. Look for a cheap going AVR with Dolby TrueHD/dtsHDMA with the above “( )” you should be able to find one going for a few hundred, if I can find cheap going consumer to cinema processors I see no reason why can’t score on some cool going items over a couple of months.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]